Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McNary Apologizes to Delanie Walker for Hit....

NewColtsFan

On the play where Patrick Robinson intercepted Marcus Mariotta,  the Titans were able to keep the ball and gain yards.

A penalty was assessed to Josh McMary for a hit on Delanie Walker.

Anyway....   McNary has now put out a public apology via instagram.      It's all part of an ESPN story that has other quotes as well.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/18581/colts-lb-josh-mcnary-issues-apology-to-titans-te-delanie-walker-for-hit

Nobody ever wants to see a grid iron contemporary injured naturally. I'd almost have to see the play again before I can comment on it. I remember the Robinson pick. Not the hit though. 

The apology was a nice gesture Mr. McNary's part though. Hopefully, Walker will make a full recovery. 

Off topic slightly: You know Luck is respected when division foes help him to his feet. I like seeing that in rivalry games. I think I recall LB Wesley Woodyard doing this on Sunday. Very cool! 

A - he did it on purpose (which it appears he did) 

B - if he saying he hit the guy cause he thought the ball was going to him,  he should be cut immediately and sent to see and eye doctor. Walker was 20 yards from the play 

C - if he did it to reroute walker who was already 10 -15 yards down field he should never be on the field after 1st down 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

On the play where Patrick Robinson intercepted Marcus Mariotta,  the Titans were able to keep the ball and gain yards.

A penalty was assessed to Josh McMary for a hit on Delanie Walker.

Anyway....   McNary has now put out a public apology via instagram.      It's all part of an ESPN story that has other quotes as well.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/18581/colts-lb-josh-mcnary-issues-apology-to-titans-te-delanie-walker-for-hit

NCF....

This is what I thought happened.....It was a penalty....and he'll be fined...................

but considering the angles involved..and how the intended receiver was behind the TE...on a line with the QB and Delanie Walker.....I have little doubt McNary is sincere..

The OLB does not have time to wait until the ball is released..and he cant be staring at the QB very long...

..........he's watching the receiver......It cost us but I like the aggressiveness considering that the alternative is to wait and see if the ball is coming to his man, at which time its too late to break up the play

McNary has no reason to want to hurt Walker, who was a just a victim of circumstance..

Trolling about his field awareness aside, there is 0% chance thatche though the ball was going to his man. 

Utter nonsense and while I enjoy physical play there is no place for disgusting hits like that intended to hurt a player not even involved.

My guess is walker/McNary had been jawing throughout and Josh tried to "teach him a lesson" 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Trolling about his field awareness aside, there is 0% chance thatche though the ball was going to his man. 

Utter nonsense and while I enjoy physical play there is no place for disgusting hits like that intended to hurt a player not even involved.

My guess is walker/McNary had been jawing throughout and Josh tried to "teach him a lesson" 

correction, there is a 0% chance that you know exactly what was going through Mcnary's mind during that play.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I hoped he gets fined. 

The part that I can't grasp is Pags never took Mcgarbage out of the game after that. Granted, he shouldn't be starting in the first place, but cmon......grab the guy, take him off the field and yell at him for doing asinine stuff like that!! 

We have no clue as to what was said to him either in the locker room or in private. Chuck is not the type of coach that yells and screams at his players where there is a camera and mic around.

McNary embarrassed himself so why do you feel that Chuck needs to do it so you can see it?

41 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

correction, there is a 0% chance that you know exactly what was going through Mcnary's mind during that play.

Yeah you're right. He didn't even look at the qb so maybe maybe he was already committed to giving up a PI call. Could've just grabbed him instead of destroying the guy though 

15 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yeah you're right. He didn't even look at the qb so maybe maybe he was already committed to giving up a PI call. Could've just grabbed him instead of destroying the guy though 

Oh I definitely agree, the hit was uncalled for and unnecessary.  Definitely no need to destroy the guy like that. As far as his apology...it really makes no difference to me one way or another as long as he doesn't do it again.

:)

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

NCF....

This is what I thought happened.....It was a penalty....and he'll be fined...................

but considering the angles involved..and how the intended receiver was behind the TE...on a line with the QB and Delanie Walker.....I have little doubt McNary is sincere..

The OLB does not have time to wait until the ball is released..and he cant be staring at the QB very long...

..........he's watching the receiver......It cost us but I like the aggressiveness considering that the alternative is to wait and see if the ball is coming to his man, at which time its too late to break up the play

McNary has no reason to want to hurt Walker, who was a just a victim of circumstance..

OUM....

I don't disagree with you.

I made no judgement on McNary not being sincere,   I think he is.

Since I didn't see the news posted before,  I was only trying to post the news for everyone to see.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

We have no clue as to what was said to him either in the locker room or in private. Chuck is not the type of coach that yells and screams at his players where there is a camera and mic around.

McNary embarrassed himself so why do you feel that Chuck needs to do it so you can see it?

It's called setting an example, but I think we're all aware of what type of coach Pags is. 

The coaches fired Nate Irving, Sio Moore and Cromartie (all who were better than McNary)......why should McNary get a free pass? 

He never even got taken off the field. 

41 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

It's called setting an example, but I think we're all aware of what type of coach Pags is. 

The coaches fired Nate Irving, Sio Moore and Cromartie (all who were better than McNary)......why should McNary get a free pass? 

Who cares?  I have no doubt that the situation was addressed.  BTW, don't you think that cutting guys like Irving, Moore and Cromartie is setting an example?  Even though I think the cliche is stupid, it is true...there's more than one way to skin a cat. 

12 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Who cares?  I have no doubt that the situation was addressed.  BTW, don't you think that cutting guys like Irving, Moore and Cromartie is setting an example?  Even though I think the cliche is stupid, it is true...there's more than one way to skin a cat. 

I do. 

I have a problem with McNary being on the field at all, let alone taking cheap hits on people.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

That has nothing to do with yelling  or screaming at him in public. This is a grown man, not a child that you yell at like he was a child. You have no clue what was said to him behind closed doors.

This attitude of you thinking that problems can be solved by yelling and embarrassing someone is dead wrong.

The results are better sitting down, looking him in the eyes and talk to him like a man gets more positive results. Just about every player on the field makes a mistake or an error in judgment at one time or another.

36 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Bruhh chill... I didn't mean that literally but if you didn't notice his ineptitude then you definitely  should "get real"

His ineptitude as you call it has zero to do with his issuing an apology to anyone. He was man enough to apologies to Walker and I give him credit for that.

Sarcastic comments receive sarcastic responses.

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That has nothing to do with yelling  or screaming at him in public. This is a grown man, not a child that you yell at like he was a child. You have no clue what was said to him behind closed doors.

This attitude of you thinking that problems can be solved by yelling and embarrassing someone is dead wrong.

The results are better sitting down, looking him in the eyes and talk to him like a man gets more positive results. Just about every player on the field makes a mistake or an error in judgment at one time or another.

If you think McNary deserves to be talked to like a man (as you say) after a childish cheap shot like that, then you Sir, are the one who is "dead wrong"

Worrying about everyone's feelings is exactly what's "dead wrong". 

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

If you think McNary deserves to be talked to like a man (as you say) after a childish cheap shot like that, then you Sir, are the one who is "dead wrong"

Worrying about everyone's feelings is exactly what's "dead wrong". 

That comment don't really even deserve a response.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

That comment don't really even deserve a response.

Image result for psh gif

The problem with your approach is the players have to respect the coach for your type of "discipline" to work. 

Would Buddy Ryan, Bill Parcells, Don Shula, John Harbaugh, etc, just leave someone in the game after a cheap shot like that and wait to say something? Ummmm.......no. 

As much as I hate him, Bilicheck would've pulled the player (McNary would never make it on the pats or any other NFL team) and squashed it right there. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

The problem with your approach is the players have to respect the coach for your type of "discipline" to work.

Just because you don't respect the coach doesn't mean the players don't. And every single report that's ever come out indicates the players respect the hell out of the coach.

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Just because you don't respect the coach doesn't mean the players don't. And every single report that's ever come out indicates the players respect the hell out of the coach.

Unfortunately you don't know what goes on inside the locker room anymore than I or anyone else outside it does.