Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Offense Matches up Well vs KC Defense

bigt

Our defense didn't surprise anyone at all, they made exactly one play. It's still arguably the worst defense in the league, and historically one of the worst defenses in franchise history.

Our offense, however, has proven to be top 5 in the league by a lot of metrics, and matches up well with any defense. We will win as far as the offense can carry us.

I would agree, the KC defense hasn't exactly been lighting it up and our offense has, and against some very good defenses to boot.  Our defense?  They are a good matchup for ANY team right now.  They could give up 24 to the Little Sisters of the Poor College.

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I would agree, the KC defense hasn't exactly been lighting it up and our offense has, and against some very good defenses to boot.  Our defense?  They are a good matchup for ANY team right now.  They could give up 24 to the Little Sisters of the Poor College.

I mean, they gave up 26 to the Osweiler led Texans. That's kind of worse.

If they put peters on Hilton one on one we will win that every time lol all you need to do is double move him and Hilton will be gone to the endzone..thier pass rush hasn't been the same since all the injuries..defensively we need to worry about the run game and Alex smith also running otherwise we'll lose this game 

6 hours ago, SkyBane said:

Our defense didn't surprise anyone at all, they made exactly one play. It's still arguably the worst defense in the league, and historically one of the worst defenses in franchise history.

Our offense, however, has proven to be top 5 in the league by a lot of metrics, and matches up well with any defense. We will win as far as the offense can carry us.

The Colts 2016 D makes the SD Charges D of late 70's/early 80s look that much better.

Not only are the Chiefs one of the best teams in the league IMO, at least top ten, they're also in the AFC West and at 4-2 are only in 3rd place behind the Raiders and Broncos. They'll be fighting like it's the playoffs just like us.

To me this is the second toughest game for the rest of the season, the toughest being the Vikings. If we can win I'll have a lot more confidence in this season going forward, no matter how they do it.

Will the real KC Chiefs please stand up. They are schizophrenic so it could be a win for the good guys provided the receivers catch the balls thrown to them. The Texans are up against Detroit and if the good Detroit shows up we could be back in the race. The Jags are  playing Tennessee so we shall see how Monday morning looks.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Not only are the Chiefs one of the best teams in the league IMO, at least top ten, they're also in the AFC West and at 4-2 are only in 3rd place behind the Raiders and Broncos. They'll be fighting like it's the playoffs just like us.

To me this is the second toughest game for the rest of the season, the toughest being the Vikings. If we can win I'll have a lot more confidence in this season going forward, no matter how they do it.

I feel like the Viking are a bit of a mirage. They are tough for sure and right now better than the Colts, but it seems like they are over performing and that now, there is some tape on em. I'm thinking they get a few more losses soon

-Their is double moves to be had on Stephen Nelson who I would target again and again. He will get grabby

-Alex Smith has 50 throws all year long that traveled 11+ yards so forget about trying to get to him in that dink and dunk system. Play the run. Play bump and run and get them to 3rd and long. Make him beat you deep

27 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I feel like the Viking are a bit of a mirage. They are tough for sure and right now better than the Colts, but it seems like they are over performing and that now, there is some tape on em. I'm thinking they get a few more losses soon

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. I'm just worried about their defense and their offense should be capable of doing work against us if we can't get pressure on Bradford. 

But yeah, I think they'll put up a couple more losses at least before we meet up with them.

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

So you think Pittsburg is easier than the Cheifs huh? 

53 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I think both are really tough matchups and I have both marked down as losses. 

I'll admit that I thought Big Ben was still going to be out but apparently they're trying to bring him back by week 9 which seems ridiculous. So if he's back and back to form by the time we play them then I'd probably agree that they're tougher, especially with our history against them and since it's a primetime game.

Can't wait to see Moncrief back this week.  We can get into Machine Mode with Moncrief out there.  Offense works much better when he's in there with Hilton and Dorsett.  We'll see the end zone a couple times this weekend.  Hopefully the defense steps up too so that the offense can go off.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:36 PM, Coltfreak said:

Defensively speaking I do.  The Steelers run defense isn't that good and they are only okay in the secondary.  KC has a Legit Defense.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Defensively speaking I do.  The Steelers run defense isn't that good and they are only okay in the secondary.  KC has a Legit Defense.

Yup, 1st in the league in INT's. Luck's been solid at not turning the ball over but even just one INT in bad field position could swing the game in a big way.

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

Chiefs on defense are 23rd in total yards at 371/gm 19th in pass at 257/gm and rush D is 21st at 114/gm  12th at 20.5... gave up 43 to Pittsburgh when they played compared to scoring 14 on the steelers

Pittsburgh   27th in total yds at 390  passing is 28th at 283 a game rush is 16th at 107 per game... pts per game 13th  at 21.4 per game. 

Pitt has had a tougher schedule IMO   

They are basically the same in points given up per game but otherwise yea they are better but not that much different and they seem to have our number. 

Hope you're right because we have 6 of us  going to that game

On 10/25/2016 at 3:27 AM, SkyBane said:

You are correct sir.  

On 10/25/2016 at 7:40 AM, krunk said:

I'm hoping we get Moncrief back, but it feels more like his return will be against Green Bay.

Many are saying he'll be back in the media,but I image even if they are right, he's going to be limited at best.  But I hope he can play some snaps so he's at least ready for GB.  

28 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Chiefs on defense are 23rd in total yards at 371/gm 19th in pass at 257/gm and rush D is 21st at 114/gm  12th at 20.5... gave up 43 to Pittsburgh when they played compared to scoring 14 on the steelers

Pittsburgh   27th in total yds at 390  passing is 28th at 283 a game rush is 16th at 107 per game... pts per game 13th  at 21.4 per game. 

Pitt has had a tougher schedule IMO   

They are basically the same in points given up per game but otherwise yea they are better but not that much different and they seem to have our number. 

Hope you're right because we have 6 of us  going to that game

I feel we will put up points regardless so I ain't that worried about either one of them on that side of the football.  

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Can't wait to see Moncrief back this week.  We can get into Machine Mode with Moncrief out there.  Offense works much better when he's in there with Hilton and Dorsett.  We'll see the end zone a couple times this weekend.  Hopefully the defense steps up too so that the offense can go off.

I think he will help, while Hilton is showing he's a star I think Moncrief is becoming the new "Reggie Wayne" the go to guy on third down when you have to convert.