Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giving Chud his props

cbear

Yeah I said it during the game, our offensive playcalling was great. He attacked their weak coverage LB's, called some solid quick routes, just overall a good offensive gameplan. I loved that TD pass to Hilton coming off the fake handoff to the WR in motion, it was beautifully drawn up.

Chud is the coach I have the most confidence in besides Philbin.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah I said it during the game, our offensive playcalling was great. He attacked their weak coverage LB's, called some solid quick routes, just overall a good offensive gameplan. I loved that TD pass to Hilton coming off the fake handoff to the WR in motion, it was beautifully drawn up.

Chud is the coach I have the most confidence in besides Philbin.

Loved that play.  Even went with run option where Andrew got the first down.  I don't mind him running on plays like that.  It's a pretty safe call and run so to speak. 

It was much better.  I didn't think it was so good vs. Chicago or Houston.  Then again I did some checking.  Colts are where they are having played the 3rd (Denver), 8th (Houston), 9th (Jax), 10th (Tennessee), and 12th (Chicago) defenses in total yards.  Not too shabby considering injuries and the teams' limitations.

This is the offense I've wanted for Luck and the Colts since I joined back in May of 2012.

We look like a high scoring machine.     We look like an offense that when opposing teams face us,  they won't like what they see when they look at tape.       We can hurt you with Gore up the middle and even a little outside.    And Luck can hurt you throwing to anyone.      The offense is improving every week.

I was not happy with Chud vs. J'Ville and some vs. Houston....   (I didn't see the Denver game)   but on balance, I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing.      

All that said,  KC is going to be a load this week.    They've got a very good defense and they'll be a good test for us.....

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is the offense I've wanted for Luck and the Colts since I joined back in May of 2012.

We look like a high scoring machine.     We look like an offense that when opposing teams face us,  they won't like what they see when they look at tape.       We can hurt you with Gore up the middle and even a little outside.    And Luck can hurt you throwing to anyone.      The offense is improving every week.

I was not happy with Chud vs. J'Ville and some vs. Houston....   (I didn't see the Denver game)   but on balance, I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing.      

All that said,  KC is going to be a load this week.    They've got a very good defense and they'll be a good test for us.....

Maybe.  KC is not as good as you might think though.  They are currently 23rd in total yards, 19th in passing yards, 22nd in rushing yards, and 11th in ppg (not bad).  But we have certainly faced better defenses so far this season.  As I mentioned in another thread, we have seen the 3rd (Denver), 8th (Houston), 9th (Jax), 10th (Tennessee), and 12th (Chicago) defenses already and done OK.  I think the Colts will be OK so long as stupid penalties and turnovers don't do them in.  Offensively, they are about the same as they are defensively.  This is the epitome of the "average team" IMHO.  But the Colts will still need to play well to beat them because I'm not sure they are average.

I just like the fact that we have an identity on offense now.   I didn't feel that way for literally any part of last year.  Last years offense we didn't do much of anything consistently. No priority for running the football, passing way out of balance, misuse of personnel amongst a list of other things.  This year it seems we have identified the types of formations we like the best, we are running the football with a decent amount of success at least by Colt standards.  Andrew is playing the game the way it needs to be played. 

He's been efficient, he's been safe,  he's been smart, and what I love the most is he's putting the ball into the guy who is open instead of getting stuck on TY Hilton and not being able to utilize anyone else.  This year the rock is getting into the hands of everybody.  That is very key because eventually you're going to run into people like Bellichick and some of the other ones who will try to force us into winning with the less explosive players and we'll have to get over that hump.  With the way Andrew is playing this year I'm confident we can do that.

The offense is starting to move the ball consistently.  We're not having to dig ourselves out of big holes as much anymore. And WE ARE NOT TURNING OVER THE FOOTBALL much at all!  The next plateau we need to get over is finishing these drives with 7s more consistently instead of 3s.  We've got all the tools to be explosive like the Manning days.   Can't wait for Moncrief to get back in the saddle.  I like where we're at with Chester Rogers, and I'm confident we'll see more out of Dorsett.  Not tripping too hard over that Houston game.  Texans had their number one corner playing him for much of that game.  I have faith he'll get his pretty soon.   And I love that we have this new weapon we can exploit in Swoope.  We have all the tools to be an explosive 30-35+ point per game offense.  I trust we can get there.