Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GM hat!

Matabix

Going through positions groups I'll pick some players out.

Defense:

D-line

Langford good, but not as good as last year - keep him

Kerr good, best year so far, sign to extension right away

Ridgeway decent, started off improving every week but seemed to hit a bump last 3 weeks, still wait and see

Jones still waiting, ask me in 2 games

McGill great and bad, 100% sure if it's a pass I want him in there, wait till end of year to see if he does better with his assignment

Anderson wait and see, still watching his rookie highlights

Perry ???????

Linebackers

Mathis not sure if it's age or injury, never schemed for him before to get qb, sign him 1 more year at discount

Walden not sure if he's doing better or Mathis making him look better, future contract wait and see

Maggitt 1 trick pony so far, need something else besides bull rush this isn't college, see who we get next year.

Ayers improving every game, so get his asking price at end of year

Jackson looks better with Freeman not beside, pretty sure it's cause Freeman is that good.

Morrison same as Ridgeway, needs more reps to figure this one out.

Edwin optimistic still want to see more reps.

McNary gone, I had more hope during his rookie year than I do now

I'll do other position groups at another time, dinner ready.

14 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Going through positions groups I'll pick some players out.

Defense:

D-line

Langford good, but not as good as last year - keep him

Kerr good, best year so far, sign to extension right away

Ridgeway decent, started off improving every week but seemed to hit a bump last 3 weeks, still wait and see

Jones still waiting, ask me in 2 games

McGill great and bad, 100% sure if it's a pass I want him in there, wait till end of year to see if he does better with his assignment

Anderson wait and see, still watching his rookie highlights

Perry ???????

Linebackers

Mathis not sure if it's age or injury, never schemed for him before to get qb, sign him 1 more year at discount

Walden not sure if he's doing better or Mathis making him look better, future contract wait and see

Maggitt 1 trick pony so far, need something else besides bull rush this isn't college, see who we get next year.

Ayers improving every game, so get his asking price at end of year

Jackson looks better with Freeman not beside, pretty sure it's cause Freeman is that good.

Morrison same as Ridgeway, needs more reps to figure this one out.

Edwin optimistic still want to see more reps.

McNary gone, I had more hope during his rookie year than I do now

I'll do other position groups at another time, dinner ready.

I'm just gonna save time and say cut them all....

We need some pass rushers. We don't need a transcendent pass rusher, but someone who can give us 10+ sacks a year. . 

We also need younger linebackers. Once again, we don't need transcendent talent. We need youth and athleticism. 

We have a shutdown corner with two promising young safeties. We have talented defensive linemen who can push the pocket and help with the run game.(Teams run over us b/c our linebackers over-pursue. That's why teams run a lot of cutbacks.) Give us the aforementioned and you have a serviceable defense.

4 minutes ago, Solon said:

We need some pass rushers. We don't need a transcendent pass rusher, but someone who can give us 10+ sacks a year. . 

We also need younger linebackers. Once again, we don't need transcendent talent. We need youth and athleticism. 

We have a shutdown corner with two promising young safeties. We have talented defensive linemen who can push the pocket and help with the run game.(Teams run over us b/c our linebackers over-pursue. That's why teams run a lot of cutbacks.) Give us the aforementioned and you have a serviceable defense.

I think you hit the nail with the linebacker talk. IMO that is where we need the most work.