TKnight24

On 10/24/2016 at 0:35 PM, James said:

LT - Castonzo

LG - Mewhort

C - Kelly

RG - Haeg

RT - Good

For me Reitz is strictly a backup.

While this could have worked, I don't like playing musical chairs with O-line personnel. If they had kept Good at RT, and let him develop, that would have been best. Now that he is playing right guard, let him stay there and learn how to play the position well. Learning to play as a cohesive group is very important. It's not a "plug and play" world.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/25/2016 at 6:39 PM, Coltfreak said:

Well here is what PFF says on their first look.....   Do the math on the hurry's and see if Good is the problem

17 pressures 6 each from AC and Rietz leaves 5 and of course take out the pressure from Haeg and his sack and hit and it sure seems to me to be pretty good proof

The numbers seem to prove my case

That's one game... not a body of work in total.  And Haeg get's a pass.. next thing they'll do is start him at WR or TE at this point.  He's amazing considering how they have ping ponged him all over the line, while Good is inept at one position only.  

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

That's one game... not a body of work in total.  And Haeg get's a pass.. next thing they'll do is start him at WR or TE at this point.  He's amazing considering how they have ping ponged him all over the line, while Good is inept at one position only.  

You need to learn how to watch the Oline....  He wont get beat out of that position.  He is our now and  future RG.  

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

You need to learn how to watch the Oline....  He wont get beat out of that position.  He is our now and  future RG.  

Then Luck will always be in grave danger when he's on the field unless he shows great progress beyond where he is now.  His season long, going back to training camp,performance forward, has been miserable. As for watching the line, I'd be happy to compare my experience concerning the offensive line with yours.   After all, you just called me out.  Let's hear about your experience and success playing the position(s)? 

50 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Haeg gets a pass?  That's nice of you.  Thanks for telling us everything we need to know about your evaluation process.  You just randomly pick guys to like no matter what.

you apparently see what you want to see.  Because what you say and what happens on the field are two different things

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

Then Luck will always be in grave danger when he's on the field unless he shows great progress beyond where he is now.  His season long, going back to training camp,performance forward, has been miserable. As for watching the line, I'd be happy to compare my experience concerning the offensive line with yours.   After all, you just called me out.  Let's hear about your experience and success playing the position(s)? 

Grigs played the position. 

On 10/27/2016 at 7:40 PM, Coltfreak said:

Grigs played the position. 

That is what I thought... you have no experience or knowledge about O-Line.  Grig's problem is that he waited until year 5 to draft heavy on Oline.  His previous picks on the line failed but one (Mewhort) and by this year, tossing 3 of the 4 rookies to the Wolves just emphasized he should have addressed the line with good FA's or better and more picks earlier.  

But it also shows you have no business calling anyone out about the O-Line.   Let's see who was it that cost us a Touchdown this week?  Oh yeah, right.  Predictably it was a holding call on the heinously bad RG named Good.  Want to fix RG?  Put Haeg there and LEAVE HIM no matter what and that position will be locked down.  Leaving Good there hasn't solved anything except that we need to draft or sign a starting quality RG.  

16 hours ago, JPFolks said:

That is what I thought... you have no experience or knowledge about O-Line.  Grig's problem is that he waited until year 5 to draft heavy on Oline.  His previous picks on the line failed but one (Mewhort) and by this year, tossing 3 of the 4 rookies to the Wolves just emphasized he should have addressed the line with good FA's or better and more picks earlier.  

But it also shows you have no business calling anyone out about the O-Line.   Let's see who was it that cost us a Touchdown this week?  Oh yeah, right.  Predictably it was a holding call on the heinously bad RG named Good.  Want to fix RG?  Put Haeg there and LEAVE HIM no matter what and that position will be locked down.  Leaving Good there hasn't solved anything except that we need to draft or sign a starting quality RG.  

You stated that because you played the position you know more than me....  Grigs played at a higher level than you so by your argument he knows more than you. 

BTW Good had a bad game but he was not the worst of the oline problems

On October 24, 2016 at 9:19 AM, TKnight24 said:

It's been a long time coming, but yes this is a positive thread about the offensive line

Yesterday was fantastic fellas! Absolutely fantastic. Backup targets to throw to and Andrew still had time to throw the football 

Now, here's the good problem. Jack Mewhort comes back next week I'd imagine. 

Joe Haeg was shown to be a better Guard than Tackle. What 5 do we put out there next week against a very good Kansas City front?

My pick: 

Castonzo

Mewhort

Kelly

Haeg

Reitz

No disrespect to Good, I like him. But I like Haeg as a Guard more than him as a Guard. Just my opinion 

I'd rather not Reitz.

Watched Newsome and Castonzo get pancaked a couple of times today on bull rushes. The right side held up very well.

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The line as a whole had a pretty good game. Kelly, Good and Haeg were especially awesome.

I think it takes time for the O-line to learn to play together as a team ... Hopefully, they will be allowed to continue making progress.