Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden's bull rush

Lef

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Funny thing is, people here want to cut him 

Its not without a good reason. He has 26 sacks in 77 career starts. He is having a fine year but its been a bit all or nothing. If he isn't getting the sack then he isn't getting other pressures either. An upgrade is going to be needed to take our pass rush seriously. However congrats to Walden for a fine year so far

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Funny thing is, people here want to cut him 

If it were up to people here, there would be five players on the team. 

Have to accept that people are emotional, But I have to just close the tab when I see someone saying they want us to lose so we'll get rid of our coach and GM.  Wanting your own team to lose is just wrong IMHO.

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Again,  one of Grigson's best free agent pick ups. He's been consistently one of the best defenders on this team the last 4 seasons. Still feel he don't get enough credit.

Walden will never really get much credit as many (most?) fans think that he should have been at worst, a poor man's Lawrence Taylor (ok, I'm half joking!).  But not every FA we sign is going to be, or turn into a superstar.  You still need folks that can plug the holes and be serviceable and I think Walden has done that and more.  He was never brought in as a pass rusher either, so we shouldn't be expecting 10 sacks per year from the guy.

He still makes the boneheaded late hit now and then, but overall, he's been a solid addition to the team IMO.

I think Walden is our best lb period! He's one of the few that plays with a little bit of nastiness on defense. I think the Colts should focus on the lb unit in the off season by adding some PLAYMAKERS though the draft or via FA. To me out of the starters at lb Walden is the ONLY keeper at this point.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

If it were up to people here, there would be five players on the team. 

Have to accept that people are emotional, But I have to just close the tab when I see someone saying they want us to lose so we'll get rid of our coach and GM.  Wanting your own team to lose is just wrong IMHO.

QFT, sorry out of likes!

7 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Again,  one of Grigson's best free agent pick ups. He's been consistently one of the best defenders on this team the last 4 seasons. Still feel he don't get enough credit.

By far the best linebacker we've had

Well even in the past he's been our most consistent linebacker  and for someone who's not a pass rusher he seems to come more clutch than any other linebacker in terms of getting to the qb ....occasionally he has a bad game but he usually follows it up with a decent -good game now when you compare that to the rest they all have bad days in every game as of now he's our only pass rush threat 

Definitely the most underrated player on the team. I don't think he's anything special as far as making splashy plays and getting sacks every game but he has been our most consistent OLB the past few years. I also don't ever remember him missing a game due to injury (not saying he hasn't but I can't think of any). He's above average at setting the edge and can get to the QB from time to time. A lunch pale kind of guy as Pagano would say. We still need to improve the position this off season in a bad way but we should keep him and replace the Mathis imo. I really like and respect Robert but his time has past. If today was the last day of the season I'd say keep Walden,  Ayers & Maggitt and sign or draft 2 more pass rushing OLB's.

He works harder than most on the D.

He goes after the QB and the ball.   I like him on the edge....let Ayers develop and see what happens.  If needed, trade a pick (preferrably not) or draft one in the first if merited. 

Jchandler mentioned Mathis.  I agree.  He and DQ eat up a lot of money, which could be used for players who we can keep longer.

8 hours ago, will426 said:

Well even in the past he's been our most consistent linebacker  and for someone who's not a pass rusher he seems to come more clutch than any other linebacker in terms of getting to the qb ....occasionally he has a bad game but he usually follows it up with a decent -good game now when you compare that to the rest they all have bad days in every game as of now he's our only pass rush threat 

Very well put.

I like the nastiness he plays with too. 

16 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Who's not getting enough credit? Walden or Grigs or both? Yes, Walden has played well. The man doesn't disappear. He makes his presence known. I will give him that 12-13

15 hours ago, Dustin said:

How many edges did he set I missed the game

11 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Initially, I thought Dustin was joking since he is often sarcastic or rhetorical in his responses & then I realized he was being serious. Nice of you to furnish the answer Gabriel. 

It still made me smirk though. Not the cooperation just that it took me so long to figure out that Dustin wasn't trying to be funny. Usually, he slams how this staff uses guys incorrectly, which is why his genuine question threw me for a loop for a second.