Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Vontae back to pro bowl form?

RockThatBlue

6 minutes ago, unvrsty07 said:

I think he is getting there. That pass interference call on him today was a bad call. Looked like textbook coverage.

Love his ability to tackle running backs in space!

That penalty was terrible. 

And I agree. Hes one of the best tacklers on the team IMO.

I definitely think he's back to form. Also I was at the game. Sitting in the bottom corner where that pass interference call was made. It was a good call. Vontae definitely pulled a sling shot move on him. Pulled the jersey and slung himself in front of the receiver. That's a veteran move though. Not mad at him for trying it.  A lot of times the ref doesn't see it but he was in good position. So was I. Lol. The funny thing is the Titans fans in the row in front of me missed it to and thought they got a gift call. Lol. 

Should be. He's back to form. But he's unlikely to make the Pro Bowl this year since he's on our defense.

Sad fact of the Pro Bowl. Unless you get league wide recognition for your/your unit's play, or have a league leading stat line, you likely aren't making it. Sherman, Peterson, Harris Jr, Slay?, Rhodes, Roby?, will probably all make it before Vontae will this year based off of performance or name recognition. 

On 10/24/2016 at 2:47 AM, Smoke317 said:

I definitely think he's back to form. Also I was at the game. Sitting in the bottom corner where that pass interference call was made. It was a good call. Vontae definitely pulled a sling shot move on him. Pulled the jersey and slung himself in front of the receiver. That's a veteran move though. Not mad at him for trying it.  A lot of times the ref doesn't see it but he was in good position. So was I. Lol. The funny thing is the Titans fans in the row in front of me missed it to and thought they got a gift call. Lol. 

He pulls the slingshot a lot.  Denvers Sanders has called Vonte the 'master of slingshot'.  And the move is perfectly leagal as long as ou don't see him turn the defender, since it is legal to have a hand on the reviever.  Just can't pull him or turn him.  I didn't see the jersey pull you say you did, but if you were there first hand and saw it, maybe it did happen.

Vonte's biggest game he's gave up is 78 yards.  And that is considering he has been put on top recievers the entire game once in a while. He has had a whale of a season so far.  Never has been a turnover machine, but blankets recievers with the best of them.  And tackles so well for a corner.  He almost never gives up YAC yards.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:58 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I think he is. 

Thoughts?

We'll know more in the next few weeks.     Smith with KC and Rodgers with GB.

Hard to know too much with Marriotta (who was great tonight,  but very poor against the Colts) and Osweiller the week before.