Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY ties a colts record

CR91

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He's really stepped his game up this year, and it's all the more impressive because defenses can focus on him with Moncrief, Dorsett, and Allen out.

This right here........ he's out there without anyone else for the defense to REALLY worry about. T.Y. is earing his pay. I have myself a blossoming man crush.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

But, but, but .. TY is not a number one receiver according to some.

I was one of those people who didn't think TY was a true number one receiver.  I didn't think he had the physicality or route running to overcome his size, like Steve Smith or Marvin.  However, he is proving me wrong week after week.

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I was one of those people who didn't think TY was a true number one receiver.  I didn't think he had the physicality or route running to overcome his size, like Steve Smith or Marvin.  However, he is proving me wrong week after week.

Yeah, it would be interesting to dig through the archives and see what you said about TY a couple years back. Not just you though. A lot of people didn't think he would become what he is today. You're not alone. I was always a wait and see type of fan.

27 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

the ONLY reason ANYONE says this is because of his size.  Though those same people insist Antonio Brown is a #1....:facepalm:

That was never the case for me. It was his consistency and inability to get into the end zone on anything but large gains and broken plays. (For reference 66% of TYs TDs are from 20+yds....ABrown is 50%, AjGreen is 44%, OBJ is 46%) 

But he sure is putting all that behind him so far this season. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

TY was 6th in the league in yardage, tied for 2nd in TDs and tied for 3rd in catches over 20 yards before today.

Those are pretty good numbers for sure.

He's 2nd in tds?  No knock on Ty but it seems like year after year there are ridiculous touchdown numbers put up by wideouts and tight ends. 

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

He's 2nd in tds?  No knock on Ty but it seems like year after year there are ridiculous touchdown numbers put up by wideouts and tight ends. 

That happens when the NFL has turned into a passing league for the most part for sure.