Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The World Isn't Over [Merge]

King Colt

4 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

He didn't play today and they lost.  They got smoked when Ben was 100% by Philly and they got smoked when Ben was in the majority of the game vs. Miami..... there isn't a player in the league right now, after 7 weeks, that is 100%.  Look at our team, did our WR2, WR3, TE1, LG1 play today? We were missing 4 starters/key players on our offense alone... TY wasn't 100% coming into this game.

You make no sense, why don't you just get some sleep and come back to getting your internet frustrations out when you are in a state of mind capable of making sense.

Your gonna compare a team without their pro bowl QB to a team missing WRs lol big difference he's the leader of the team Moncrief and Dorsett are not the leaders of our team lol but ok we are done here lmao

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Well I am trying to make the Chiefs sound really better too so if we beat them it's a big deal and if we lose it's that we lost to a great team.

lmao 

I do like KC too. I often root for them in the AFC outside the Colts so I am glad when they do well at times when we can't. Alex Smith might be the ones to hold him back but dear God I am worried about him now against the Colts......lmao 

Defensively though, they will be a good test for our offense and Andy Reid will be a better coaching test then some of the crap we have gone against. And YES I do like Andy Reid at times just now when he plays against the Patriots and I go nuts at him.

I think if we beat them, it will be the best win of the season by far. Alex Smith is better than Brock and the Chiefs are an all-around better team than the Chargers.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear God some of you honestly believe we can beat the NFL elite teams hahalmao

It's not so bad to at least want to see what this team could do when healthy, with half the penalties and dumb mistakes. At minimum that should at least win the crappy division. 

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Well I am trying to make the Chiefs sound really better too so if we beat them it's a big deal and if we lose it's that we lost to a great team.

lmao 

I do like KC too. I often root for them in the AFC outside the Colts so I am glad when they do well at times when we can't. Alex Smith might be the ones to hold him back but dear God I am worried about him now against the Colts......lmao 

Defensively though, they will be a good test for our offense and Andy Reid will be a better coaching test then some of the crap we have gone against. And YES I do like Andy Reid at times just now when he plays against the Patriots and I go nuts at him.

Our biggest opponent in most cases is our own selves. When we have a foot on a throat we have to crush all the bones in the throat and snatch the soul from the chest instead of letting scrub teams like Tenn hang around. Got to take it to the next level. We can play big boy ball once we get out of our own way.

52 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You can't reason with these people, so you might as well stop trying.  They are blind homers that have their head in the clouds.  Never seen our fans so overjoyed that we beat a sad team in the AFC South.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  They'll get their dose of reality very quickly though in the games ahead.  They always scatter like roaches after those types of games.

53 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Our defense and offense were terrible last year and what was the score of that Colts vs Pats game?

1) A single data point using outdated metrics does not a convincing argument make

2) This Colts defense is worse than last year, and this Patriots offense seems better. How you can even fathom anything but the defense getting ground to pulp is lunacy.

2 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

1) A single data point using outdated metrics does not a convincing argument make

2) This Colts defense is worse than last year, and this Patriots offense seems better. How you can even fathom anything but the defense getting ground to pulp is lunacy.

Yeah but who wont Tom Destroy? It's not just us, maybe the Steelers or Broncos he wont but that is about it. Cant act like we are the only team he would beat. Anything can happen on any given day as well, Giants beat them twice in the SB and the Jets beat them in Foxboro in the Playoffs with Mark Sanchez at QB.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but who wont Tom Destroy? It's not just us, maybe the Steelers or Broncos he wont but that is about it. Cant act like we are the only team he would beat. Anything can happen on any given day as well, Giants beat them twice in the SB and the Jets beat them in Foxboro in the Playoffs with Mark Sanchez at QB.

Dear God, the delusion is strong with this one.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Explain?

You seem to be under the delusion that this team doesn't suck.  Well guess what?  We suck.  Beating a bad team in a horrid division shouldn't make you feel any better about this team than you did last week.  The same problems remain. They were just masked a bit because of who we were playing.  This game was fools gold for some of the homers on the board.  It'll be back down to reality very quickly though.  

1 minute ago, Mr Coffee said:

You seem to be under the delusion that this team doesn't suck.  Well guess what?  We suck.  Beating a bad team in a horrid division shouldn't make you feel any better about this team than you did last week.  The same problems remain. They were just masked a bit because of who we were playing.  This game was fools gold for some of the homers on the board.  It'll be back down to reality very quickly though.  

Well I already said about an hour ago that we didn't beat a Good team and I wont feel better until we get a signature win which beating KC will be. I am well aware we beat a team that we should've but by the way they were favored.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I already said about an hour ago that we didn't beat a Good team and I wont feel better until we get a signature win which beating KC will be. I am well aware we beat a team that we should've but by the way they were favored.

Beating KC would give me a glimmer of hope that things are improving.  Just don't see it happening, but hope I'm wrong.  

If we can't / don't win the Super Bowl I'm  not interested in supporting this team. What a pathetic outlook to have as a fan. I really don't know why people bother with sport if that is their mainstream standpoint. And drafting high has really worked for Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tampa etc. 

And all this gushing about NE, do you know they have only won it once in the last 12 years......

1 hour ago, SkyBane said:

Who's using metrics? I'm using facts, the Colts defense and offense were bad last year. Patriots offense at the time was very good. Didnt end up in a blow out. Tell me where I'm lying? Stop guaranteeing blowouts before a game is ever played.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who's using metrics? I'm using facts, the Colts defense and offense were bad last year. Patriots offense at the time was very good. Didnt end up in a blow out. Tell me where I'm lying? Stop guaranteeing blowouts before a game is ever played.

We're all fans and we all want to believe. But take the shades off for a minute and look at it realistically. The Colts defense barely qualifies as a professional unit, and has no business trying to stop real a real NFL offense. The Colts could hang tight with anyone, but only on the strength of the offense.

Predicting anything but a shootout or a smashing is unrealistic with this Colts team.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nadine probably took the night off thinking, hey we won = no problems LOL. Never a dull moment in here is there? 

Kind of sad that a win still isn't good enough for folks. Lord knows we did not play perfect, but winning is always better than losing.

5 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

We're all fans and we all want to believe. But take the shades off for a minute and look at it realistically. The Colts defense barely qualifies as a professional unit, and has no business trying to stop real a real NFL offense. The Colts could hang tight with anyone, but only on the strength of the offense.

Predicting anything but a shootout or a smashing is unrealistic with this Colts team.

Sorry I'm not wearing any shades! Speaking of a shoot out is one thing, but that's not what you said. You said we would be destroyed as in no shot and I said that's not a guarantee. Same factors existed last year and the game went down to the final quarter. Theres not much difference in this years D. Actually I'd say we are not getting beat as much on the long ball like we did last year. You spend a lot of time trying to paint such vivid doom and gloom scenarios.

21 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Your are allowed to win with a great offense. And if we have a great offense, does that mean our opposition barely has a profesional defense? 

8 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Your are allowed to win with a great offense. And if we have a great offense, does that mean our opposition barely has a profesional defense? 

If their defense is giving up over 100 yards in penalties, 400 yards, and 25 points a game, then yes, I would say they are also below bare minimum professional standard.

The offense is great, I love them, but realistically, they will be winning in spite of the defense, never in unison with it. The harsh truth is that any unit with an offense that can light it up against an average defense, will likely require more than even the gaudy numbers our offense puts up to overcome.

11 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Titans was deep in there territory marioda threw a int that pat Robinson returned to like 7 yards line but while the ball was in the air mcnary launched him self at a crossing te who was 20 yards away from the play nearly knocking his head off the int was over turned, since he hit the te before we got int. Te then drive up field and scored 14 straight points. When at worst we would had bin up 23-6 instead 20-13 after the call got over turned. The te was not in the play at all but mcnary made a very selfish decision that nearly cost his team the game 

Not only the bad play JB. The worst part was that we left him in the game and that same TE (D Walker) he blew up beat him for a TD later on that same drive.... That's poor coaching. You pull him immediately after that and let him have hit. You don't reward him by leaving him in the game. And on the TD, he had Geathers helping to the outside and he let Walker cross his face to the inside for an EASY touchdown up the seam. He never even moved.  Stood there flat footed...  Geathers was hot at him after that play too. Just poor instincts and awareness. 

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

We're not going to be making any noise this year.  Even if we win an awful AFC South, we have no shot competing against teams like Pittsburgh and New England.  I don't see the excitement for being back in the thick of things.  Losses are better for the future of this franchise, in my opinion

With the greatest respect, I understand your position and honestly you're correct. But that goes for every team, the worst finish is always going to be the SBowl runner up. If every team who's got no realistic shot started tanking it would soon make a farce of the league. 

To that end, though I know realistically it is probably better we lose so we get a better pick and maybe even a change of FO, I'd still rather hang on to trying to enjoy things week to week until all hope has truly been extinguished. I mean if you want us to lose it must make it weirdly bittersweet when we actually do have positive plays? 

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I honestly don't get how this is such a hard concept to comprehend lol

I think people get the concept, they just don't agree with it. It's up to each fan to draw the line as to how far they would want a team to go to win (taking the long view here in your scenario). 

It's against the rules, it's against the ethos of sports and for me personally I wouldn't want my team to lose even if I can understand the rationale behind it. 

MOD Note

I removed/edited a number of posts that had strayed over the line into personal attacks. It really comes to something when we're arguing after a win. 

People are going to have different opinions around the team and and it's perfectly fine to discuss/debate those opinions as long as you keep the arguments about the subject matter, not firing off personal insults at each other. 

9 hours ago, krunk said:

Our defense and offense were terrible last year and what was the score of that Colts vs Pats game?

After the brilliant special teams play, they went into clock burning mode.  They could have put up 55 had they wanted. We had no prayer of stopping them.  Also, remember they gifted us 14 points on, one, the Edelman bobble, and two, the Brady INT before half.  The two turnovers accounted for half our points and were about the only times all night we stopped them.  Uncharacteristically, they kept us in a game that should have been over before halftime. 

I can't believe we're even talking about the Patriots.  It took another last minute 4th quarter drive to escape the basement of the worst division in football and we're talking about the Patriots? 

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Not only the bad play JB. The worst part was that we left him in the game and that same TE (D Walker) he blew up beat him for a TD later on that same drive.... That's poor coaching. You pull him immediately after that and let him have hit. You don't reward him by leaving him in the game. And on the TD, he had Geathers helping to the outside and he let Walker cross his face to the inside for an EASY touchdown up the seam. He never even moved.  Stood there flat footed...  Geathers was hot at him after that play too. Just poor instincts and awareness. 

Yes you a 100% correct you pull his butt out the game and putting him sled above the team. You have to be smart they gonna call that every day of the week .

No one looks dominant in the AFC except New England, no reason not to believe we can't be the ones to make it to the championship and get beat down by them, Especially if we win the south, considering at least one of the wild card team's will probably be better than us and New England will be playing the lowest seeded throughout.

I still think this team will only win 7-8 games and miss the playoffs.   While it was a good win on the road, I think it will just drop us down in draft order.  

That being said, being only 1 or 2 games out makes me hope they can keep winning.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I still think this team will only win 7-8 games and miss the playoffs.   While it was a good win on the road, I think it will just drop us down in draft order.  

That being said, being only 1 or 2 games out makes me hope they can keep winning.  

Somehow I don't think the Colts are playing for a better draft pick.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Of course not, but some fans are rooting for it.  

There is not question that this team needs some top tier picks.

Top tier picks are not required to put winning teams on the field.

I hate saying this but New England has been doing it for a while now. ( sometimes without a #1)

No matter where the pick is made in any round finding the right one is the key.