Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The World Isn't Over [Merge]

King Colt

4 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

For those thinking tanking is the way to go..think on this,...

You start tanking on purpose, you run the very REAL risk of forgetting how to actually play to win.

Yes, you get a decent pick, But seriously, how much good does that do when your team gets USED to loosing? Keep playing hard,..win what you can win, draft who you need, and continue to play tough and stay on top of your game.  That is the formula to win long term,...not tank now..hope for better later.

Plus  tanking for a draft pick is the same as a boxer taking a fall for a big payday.  You want the rest of the NFL and their fans to see YOUR team as such?....REALLY?

Tanking isn't realistic anyway.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The ideal is that we lose so many games, Grigson won't even be around to make the next pick.  Higher draft slot and the chances of firing Pagano and Grigson are much higher.

You make a fair point, but I just really hate losing, and so do the players. My guess is that we're probably stuck with Grigson/Pagano for a while. But I still think Grigs has more to do with it than Pags.

14 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I 100% agree, and I font care if people on here get mad at us for thinking this. We won't stand a chance at all in the playoffs so there is no reason to win. Yay we get to brag that we won the AFC South division heck yeah!!

Yeah the worst division in football lol

Definitely in play.  People will be getting healthy, but more importantly, the offensive line will have time to gel before the playoffs.  It's all about momentum.  If the Colts can gain more consistently and tighten up their defense, you never know what happens in the playoffs.  Too soon to predict they'll get there, but also too soon to write them off.

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We REALLY need a "negative nancies" thread for all these glass-empty doom and gloom types.

some things never change around here.  Not even when we pull out a gutsy win with all the injuries.  We got hosed by the refs too.  Ghost interference calls, and can anyone tell me the difference between McNary's hit on Walker and the hit on Street?  And Streets spike bounced right to the ref, so there was NO delay of game.  The calls seemed kinda one-sided.

did anyone see that special on how baseball umps call balls and strikes "looser" for home teams?  I'm sure it's the same in the NFL if someone did the study.

I almost suggested that earlier. The Mods could create 1 Thread and 1 Thread only for bashing the Colts and for people that want us to tank.

22 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This forum is the definition of bi-polar. Highest high after a win, and lowest low after a loss.

This team still looks like garbage on defense and there isn't any sugar coating that.

I didn't think they played that bad...all things considered.  I was expecting the Titans running game to have much more of an impact.

Watch out Tom Brady.......we have the chance to be gunning for you again in January.

lmao 

Although I am not sure about the Chiefs game either here. I mean they are HEAVILY due to beat us. Just like Denver was and how we were heavily due to beat the Chargers. It's this weird AFC West thing we got going on.........

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I didn't think they played that bad...all things considered.  I was expecting the Titans running game to have much more of an impact.

Murray had over 100 yards rushing...but just over 4 ypc.  Considering the doom and gloom a lot of our fans have about the run defense, and the way the NFL experts say, i think we did ok in that department.  BUt we really need to work on better tackling.  Even D.Q. has missed quite a few this year.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I was glad to see we finally limited Mathis playing time this week and went more with Ayers. Glad to ser TY Mcgill making plays too! Geathers is struggling in coverage though.

I said in a different thread last week i think our only upside on our LB's is Walden and possibly Ayers.  Ayers showed some competent play last week in the coverage dept.  this week he did well again.

54 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Pittsburgh isn't making the Playoffs lol

And we'll probably be playing Landry Jones. I think we fair well against him 

I think Pittsburgh makes the playoffs, and from what I'm hearing,  Roethlisberger will be back before the Colts game with the Steelers.

27 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We REALLY need a "negative nancies" thread for all these glass-empty doom and gloom types.

some things never change around here.  Not even when we pull out a gutsy win with all the injuries.  We got hosed by the refs too.  Ghost interference calls, and can anyone tell me the difference between McNary's hit on Walker and the hit on Street?  And Streets spike bounced right to the ref, so there was NO delay of game.  The calls seemed kinda one-sided.

did anyone see that special on how baseball umps call balls and strikes "looser" for home teams?  I'm sure it's the same in the NFL if someone did the study.

Ill defend the refs mcnary hit. 

Mcnary destroyed a guy  who wasn't even being thrown at. Had no chance to catch the ball. And he hit him way too early. So at best it could be a really bad pass interference call. 

The street hit was perfect timing, the ball was literally in his hands albeit an Andrew Luck overthrow. Also the hit was perfect and clean. Square in the chest. Not high, not low. 

The key difference is that one just killed a guy not even involved in the play and the other one was just a perfect hit on a receiver attempting to make a difficult catch. One guy did his job and the other did not 

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its better to get in the playoffs than to not.

Why?  So we get stomped in the playoffs by a more complete team, then we're stuck having to pick in the mid 20s in the draft?  This roster doesn't have a shot at a championship this year.  Why try for the playoffs just to get stomped?

16 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I said in a different thread last week i think our only upside on our LB's is Walden and possibly Ayers.  Ayers showed some competent play last week in the coverage dept.  this week he did well again.

I kind of liked what I saw out of Edwin Jackson today. He passionate, tackles well and fast. I'd like for us to give him even more of Mcnarys snaps and see what he does with it.

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why?  So we get stomped in the playoffs by a more complete team, then we're stuck having to pick in the mid 20s in the draft?  This roster doesn't have a shot at a championship this year.  Why try for the playoffs just to get stomped?

We played Denver( a probable playoff team) and kept it close, and might have even won the game if not for the sack fumble. I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, but you never know what can happen if you get in. 

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We played Denver( a probable playoff team) and kept it close, and might have even won the game if not for the sack fumble. I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, but you never know what can happen if you get in. 

Totally agree everything is an unknown right now, but a good playoff coach will surely outcoach our guy so I wouldn't expect any noise from us in January if we somehow made it in.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wasn't still all that impressed with the defense. They were underwhelming for probably 75% of the game. They finally didn't blow the game this week which is a plus. And I liked that we stayed aggressive for most of the game. Still needs a ton of work.

We did okay considering how good that offensive line was. Always room to improve, but were making small improvements.

Our team is catching a lot of grief nationally, but I like that our FO and team comes out and competes.  Their denying that we are bad is kinda neat in that they believe in theirselves.    We are in every game and our offense is a 34 point machine.  We knew at the beginning of the season our pass rush would have to be up the middle.  TY McGill showed what we need to happen this season.  Get more of that and we win a few more games.

i Know the goal is to make the playoffs..then the superbowl.  And yes,..right now our defense does not show playoff caliber play.  But it is still early.  Tackling and QB pressure is our biggest problems.  Today, Ted made a step towards helping in the pressure dept by dialing up some blitzes early and often.  Tackling is something that can be cured over time with proper coaching.  Still plenty of football left to play this year before the post season gets here,...just need to keep working on those things.

I personally think our offenseIS already playoff caliber.  and We are not even healthy on offense for the most part.  The o-line is starting to play better the past 2 weeks, and Luck has steadily improved every game, in all areas of his development.  

There is a chance we can grow into a playoff team by the years end,...but would be all for not if we don't win enough to get there in the first place.

15 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I honestly don't get how this is such a hard concept to comprehend lol

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

In general, yes, any given Sunday.  But when's the last time our defense showed any ability of slowing New England down?  Or competing against Pittsburgh?  This team can't compete against the elite teams of the NFL.  The talent simply isn't there.

I could not believe the delay of game call when Street threw the ball down. THE FRIGGIN BALL BOUNCED UP AND INTO THE REFS HANDS! If anything, that was super quick ball passing to the ref. Then the call on Green who wasn't even in the game at that moment. Vontae had some great coverage. Did the refs all get together this week for a pow-wow and come to the conclusion to throw more flags or something??

56 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This forum is the definition of bi-polar. Highest high after a win, and lowest low after a loss.

This team still looks like garbage on defense and there isn't any sugar coating that.

I disagree. There are people on here that are down after a win, and really up after a loss. Get over it, it's human nature. Should everyone be just like you? It would be pretty boring.

As far as the defense, yeah they look horrible. Oh well. I don't know about you, but my life keeps going on and I have to go to both of my jobs tomorrow. Whether the Colts win or lose, my life stays the same........ Go Colts!

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

I disagree. There are people on here that are down after a win, and really up after a loss. Get over it, it's human nature. Should everyone be just like you? It would be pretty boring.

As far as the defense, yeah they look horrible. Oh well. I don't know about you, but my life keeps going on and I have to go to both of my jobs tomorrow. Whether the Colts win or lose, my life stays the same........ Go Colts!

Wait, seriously?...if the colts win you don't get a raise on EITHER of your jobs????....or when they loose you don't get demoted?...OMG....haha