Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The World Isn't Over [Merge]

King Colt

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not going to be making any noise this year.  Even if we win an awful AFC South, we have no shot competing against teams like Pittsburgh and New England.  I don't see the excitement for being back in the thick of things.  Losses are better for the future of this franchise, in my opinion

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

We're not going to be making any noise this year.  Even if we win an awful AFC South, we have no shot competing against teams like Pittsburgh and New England.  I don't see the excitement for being back in the thick of things.  Losses are better for the future of this franchise, in my opinion

Pittsburgh isn't making the Playoffs lol

And we'll probably be playing Landry Jones. I think we fair well against him 

2 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

It's not over! 

Receivers will be coming back. Pass-rush looked a little bit better. Luck will be Luck

I think the coverage was better today pass rush was meh but they made enough plays to get the job done and that's all we ask 

With our win and Jacksonville's loss, it puts the AFC South at HOU 4-2, IND 3-4, TEN 3-4, JAX 2-4.

I don't imagine HOU winning vs. Denver tomorrow (though it's possible).  Could very well be the AFC South is 4-3, 3-4, 3-4, 2-4 after this week is said and done.  We are still right in the race.

We had 3 sacks today, the best of the season (I won't be shocked if they give Mathis a sack for the play when Mariota fumbled after the snap, upon review, so maybe 4 sacks).... whoever was calling for TY McGill the other day, nice call!

Luck made very good decisions today, for the most part (no picks, >350 yards in the air, a >69% average, 3 TDs... hard to ask for anything more than that!).  Doyle looked very good at TE (9 receptions for 78 yards and a TE on 10 targets).  Gore rushed for >3.5 yds/carry and made a few very nice plays in the receiving game.

Adam Vinatieri set NFL record for most consecutive field goals made of all time.  Patty Mac average 51 yds/punt.  Thankful for the 'legs' on this team.

Penalties killed us, and some were very stupid.  We had at least 5 dropped passes, some of which (Streets' on 3rd and short comes to mind) came at very bad times.  That said, we still prevailed. 

This was by no means our best football, but we found a way to win, and put ourselves right back in the mix for the AFC South.

If we fix some stupid mistakes, and get healthy, our team is not that bad. 

4 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I was watching the game and I was baffled at how selfish mcnary was on that play. Football is a team sport he made the decision that on this play no matter to consequences I'm gonna hurt my team and be selfish. I would make and example out of him 

What play was it I only got to watch half of the 1st quarter?

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

34 points with so many weapons out. I think that is saying something. titans are not a bad defense either

It says we have a monster of a QB... it also might point to our young O-line having some potential. I don't agree that it tells much about the quality of our team as a whole and about our chances this year.

Just now, stitches said:

It says we have a monster of a QB... it also might point to our young O-line having some potential. I don't agree that it tells much about the quality of our team as a whole and about our chances this year.

the defense wasnt bad. they made stops, but the penalties just were endless

Keep playing McGill, the guy should've been playing the whole season. Ayers too, I'm liking what he's shown so far.

I wouldn't count on getting too healthy though. I've seen that said a lot among fans but I think it's just wishful thinking. We just need people to step up as much as possible. I do hope Moncrief can come back 100% though. We need him for these lulls the offense gets into after starting out strong the past two games.

Just now, Bogie said:

Win the division, barely win a playoff game...get stomped into the ground by New England in the divisional round and then another "controversy" accusing them "cheating"

It is prophecy, you cannot fail. 

you sound mad

2 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

We could, but tbh is it worth it? To win and get absolutely crushed in the postseason?

Winning this terrible division is what keeps our terrible GM and mediocre coach employed. 

We already showed we can play with the Broncos, who are atop their division.

We haven't been fully healthy (or really close to it) all year.  Our OL is young, and despite dealing with injuries, is playing better each week.

If we get healthy and the young guys keep improving, there is no reason why we couldn't make a run in the playoffs.  We need to stop the self-inflicted wounds (drops, penalties) and get healthy.  If we can do that, we can play with most anyone in this league.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

34 points with so many weapons out. I think that is saying something. titans are not a bad defense either

I thought the Titans were terrible. We pretty much did what we wanted to do. We should have hung 40 on that bunch. We got in our own way with the drops.

1 minute ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

We already showed we can play with the Broncos, who are atop their division.

We haven't been fully healthy (or really close to it) all year.  Our OL is young, and despite dealing with injuries, is playing better each week.

If we get healthy and the young guys keep improving, there is no reason why we couldn't make a run in the playoffs.  We need to stop the self-inflicted wounds (drops, penalties) and get healthy.  If we can do that, we can play with most anyone in this league.

It's just too many "ifs" and "buts," we'd have to play mistake free. All of these teams are better than us and have much more leeway. 

2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

The penalties and drops * me off so Much some where bad calls and mcnary had me so hot with his selfish play I would have him run till he vomit for putting him self above the team 

so many questionable flags were thrown, and so many were not when they should have

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Although I agree with the part of your statement I bolded, I strongly disagree that losing is better. There are no guarantees that Grigson will make the correct pick if we have a better position in the draft. As it is, first round picks are a 50/50 shot at making an impact. Unless there is a "Suck for Luck" type of scenario, winning is always better.

It's funny how people predict the team to lose and when we win they dont have enough character to even celebrate the win. They come right back in here still taking swipes at the team. I ain't saying no names but if that's you then you're pitiful!

3 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

What play was it I only got to watch half of the 1st quarter?

Titans was deep in there territory marioda threw a int that pat Robinson returned to like 7 yards line but while the ball was in the air mcnary launched him self at a crossing te who was 20 yards away from the play nearly knocking his head off the int was over turned, since he hit the te before we got int. Te then drive up field and scored 14 straight points. When at worst we would had bin up 23-6 instead 20-13 after the call got over turned. The te was not in the play at all but mcnary made a very selfish decision that nearly cost his team the game