Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats, Adam V!

ColtsFanMikeC

So awesome and happy for him, hes been such a key player to our team for years

It's crazy how he's gotten better by the year, especially the last few, like how?? loving adam and pat, always come through.  

Honestly I never thought to get a K or P jersey but wow, it's been hard not to consider it over the past few seasons lol

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Has any NFL player ever made every extra point and every field goal in all 16 games?

Gary Anderson for the Vikings the year they were 15-1 I believe (Randall Cunningham, Carter, Moss, Robert Smith). But as karma would have it he missed the 37 yarder or somewhere in that range in the NFC championship game. The Falcons and the other great Anderson (Morton) beat em in OT and went on to get smashed by the Broncos. I think that was his only miss that year. That year is why he's 3rd in the record books behind AV and the liquored up kicker that shall not be named.... Lol. 

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

The normal 'wearing Colts coloured glasses' thread. He barely squeezed one in a few weeks ago. Over-rated.

Really......

So does Reggie Wayne catching a side line TD pass and barely getting both feet down mean the TD counts differently and that Reggie was overrated? I didnt think so. If it goes thru the uprights, it counts. By how much doesn't matter.

14 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Adam just broke Mike Vanderjagt's former record for most consecutive FGs made in NFL History (previous was 42, AV is at 43).

We are sure lucky to have him on this team, he's shown nothing but class and has helped us win many games during his tenure here.

He's the best kicker I've ever seen. 

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Really......

So does Reggie Wayne catching a side line TD pass and barely getting both feet down mean the TD counts differently and that Reggie was overrated? I didnt think so. If it goes thru the uprights, it counts. By how much doesn't matter.

Oh dear. As a senior member, I would have expected better......

6 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

The normal 'wearing Colts coloured glasses' thread. He barely squeezed one in a few weeks ago. Over-rated.

haha      you should use the sarcasm icon for those who don't "get" you.   :P

You know, Mike Nugent for the Bengals is usually spot on and he missed yesterday.

Then watching Cardinals/Seahawks Sunday Night game with all the missed FG's   made me really appreciate Adam even more.  

So happy he is on our team.

58 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Oh dear. As a senior member, I would have expected better......

Normally you and I agree 98 percent of the time my friend. Unless you're being sarcasitic , but if youre serious, we must disagree. Look at last night's seahawks/cardinals game for a prime example. Or what's his name up there in Cleveland that missed a bunch last year or gulp, the Giants kicker. AV has delivered scores of wins for 2 championship teams. If he makes one but it just clears by a fraction of an inch, it still counts. 

Not even up for debate.  I know they don't typically induct kickers into the Hall, but I think when they look at his body of work, his 6 Superbowls, his role in them, and the fact that he's still kicking so well this late into his career, they will have little choice but to induct him.  Prolly not a 1st ballot since, again, they don't induct kickers, but I think he will get there one day.

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

You know, Mike Nugent for the Bengals is usually spot on and he missed yesterday.

Then watching Cardinals/Seahawks Sunday Night game with all the missed FG's   made me really appreciate Adam even more.  

Yep, as Tony used to mouth...'money'

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

Not going to happen. PeytonGirl18 tried for years to get me to use them. Even offered to 'make' me a tartan sarcastic one!!!