Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Fournette

47 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Again a terrible response.  We could have easily changed the game with time management and ball control.

Because you dont like it. But okay.

Colts defense has been, and is terrible. The offense has playmakers, we've used high picks on offense, FA we've got offense. It's time for defense. It is beyond time to use high resources on defense. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Because you dont like it. But okay.

Colts defense has been, and is terrible. The offense has playmakers, we've used high picks on offense, FA we've got offense. It's time for defense. It is beyond time to use high resources on defense. 

Actually no it is because your argument has no merit.  You are talking about a game that would have been completely different if we would have a running game that was better.  Again, I agree we need D but I would not force it.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Actually no it is because your argument has no merit.  You are talking about a game that would have been completely different if we would have a running game that was better.  Again, I agree we need D but I would not force it.

Then your argument has no merit either? Lol. Anyways we won't have to force it, there is too many great CB, ILB, and edge prospects this year to force it.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

Then your argument has no merit either? Lol. Anyways we won't have to force it, there is too many great CB, ILB, and edge prospects this year to force it.

I am hoping for Foster.  I just see him as being a great piece to build around.

7 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Another late round RB doing great.. but yeah let's use a 1st on fournette :thmup:

you can find good defensive players in later rounds too though

you can list off running backs that went in late rounds and i can do the same for defense

In Grigsons mind I'm betting if he takes an offensive player in the 1st round it will probably be an offensive lineman.  Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.  If you do that then it makes it easier to pick up a lower round back.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

In Grigsons mind I'm betting if he takes an offensive player in the 1st round it will probably be an offensive lineman.  Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.  If you do that then it makes it easier to pick up a lower round back.

Not a chance! I`d be shocked also if he took an RB in the 1st Rd. He went straight Oline last season and will concentrate on the defense in 2017. I think he will take a RB early, but not in the 1st Rd.

11 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I'd say it's easier to find the RB. Just last year there was 2/3 late rounders playing really good.

There are plenty of serviceable RBs in the late rounds, you can't compare them to RBs that have special talents like Cook and Fournett. Even though it's becoming more and more pass happy league, teams still need premier back to run the elite style offense. You can see with Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers is arguably No 1. QB in the league but without a decent run game, their offense struggles. I still think Luck is special and will be better with proper coaching, but I think he is not as good as he is advertised right now. He needs a talented RB that can share some of pressure off his shoulder.

Just now, colts2dasuperbowl said:

There are plenty of serviceable RBs in the late rounds, you can't compare them to RBs that have special talents like Cook and Fournett. Even though it's becoming more and more pass happy league, teams still needs premier back to run the elite style offense. You can see with Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers is arguably No 1. QB in the league but without a decent run game, their offense struggles. I still think Luck is special and will be better with proper coaching, but I think he is not as good as he is advertised right now. So I think he needs a talented RB that can share some of pressure off his shoulder.

You can see with every team in the playoffs, terrible defenses don't make it.

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Not a chance! I`d be shocked also if he took an RB in the 1st Rd. He went straight Oline last season and will concentrate on the defense in 2017. I think he will take a RB early, but not in the 1st Rd.

I wouldn't be surprised.  This line still needs some work so it wouldn't shock me on that note either.    People would be mad for maybe a minute and then say "Well we kind of still stink there!"

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  This line still needs some work so it wouldn't shock me on that note either.    People would be mad for maybe a minute and then say "Well we kind of still stink there!"

I`m rather optimistic the Oline is going to be a strength next season with the current group.

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I think Cousins will be franchised, but If Browns somehow do get him I think he would be a perfect fit for them..If they come away with Cousins, Myles Garrett, and Fournette they won't be any fun to play against...I think Watson and Fournette would be perfect for them as well..They need a physical grind it out team in that division...Cleveland is a hard place for a passing offense to work with the wind and cold...Watson with his running ability would thrive there with Jackson being a perfect coach for him...

How do you think they could get Garrett and Fournette?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If we take o lineman in 1st ill puke..

Bowen: A running back in Round One is not the route I would take. Defense. Defense. Defense. That's the path I would go down in the very early rounds. You can find a middle-round running back who can make an impact. Of the NFL's top 10 runners this past season, only 1 was a former first-round pick. You can wait on a running back.

I think a lot of these pass rushers outside of Barnett or Garrett are low first rounders or strong second round caliber just in my couple look sees. Very good players, but I think a good chunk of them probably belong in these areas.  There should still be a decent chunk of them available even after our pick in the first round.  I was against it in some earlier conversations I had, but I really wouldn't be all that upset if we actually did take one of the upper tier offensive linemen with that pick.  A Cam Robinson, Mike Mcglinchey, Ryan Ramcyzk.  Or maybe a Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame.  

After giving it some more thought I think IF Grigson decides to go goes offense in the first round I think it's very likely to be an O lineman. I think we've got some pieces in place but I don't think we are set at the position just yet. Quarterback got hammered the whole season.  Couldn't play one game due to a concussion.  I think that is where Griggers mind would be at.    As far as pass rush is concerned there's all kinds of guys you could pick up in the 2nd round to 3rd round.  Guys like Ryan Anderson, TJ Watt, Demarcus Walker.  Probably Solomon Thomas,  Harold Landry, Carol Philips, Maybe Takarist Mckinley.  I think a lot of these guys will still be around in the 2nd round.  Some lower

Ain't been on here in ages, I've been sickened by the Colts defense for years but I would definitely draft a guy like Fournette in the first round. The Colts need depth more than anything which is why I'd definitely go defense all the way after that Fournette pick 

3 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Ain't been on here in ages, I've been sickened by the Colts defense for years but I would definitely draft a guy like Fournette in the first round. The Colts need depth more than anything which is why I'd definitely go defense all the way after that Fournette pick 

Defense doesn't need depth it needs quality starters. 

Just now, 12to13 said:

Defense doesn't need depth it needs quality starters. 

There's a difference between depth and "bodies". The Colts need depth on defense, too many times have starters went down and the player filling in has done a terrible job. If that wasn't the case we'd be talking about something totally different here. The Colts don't need a great defence and they'll never have one judging by their draft history in the past decade. 

1 minute ago, Smitto said:

There's a difference between depth and "bodies". The Colts need depth on defense, too many times have starters went down and the player filling in has done a terrible job. If that wasn't the case we'd be talking about something totally different here. The Colts don't need a great defence and they'll never have one judging by their draft history in the past decade. 

The defense doesn't have 1 playmaker. Vontae had one good season, he's inconsistent and often injured. It's time to get a baller or two on defense. 

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

The defense doesn't have 1 playmaker. Vontae had one good season, he's inconsistent and often injured. It's time to get a baller or two on defense. 

Often injured? He's missed less than 4 games since he's been here. He's a solid starter and a shutdown corner... There's no question about that.  Wanna look at depth look at the 2013 colts.. Compare their defence to this one... Not "playmakers" but good players. 

1 minute ago, Smitto said:

Often injured? He's missed less than 4 games since he's been here. He's a solid starter and a shutdown corner... There's no question about that.  Wanna look at depth look at the 2013 colts.. Compare their defence to this one... Not "playmakers" but good players. 

He is always dinged up. Yes often injured. He is a great solid starter when healthy. And we need better than the 2013 colts, we need homegrown blue chip defenders. Literally need em'.