LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

880 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

now we just need denver to win

They sound motivated to rock Brock

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm going to ask the dumb question, but explain this one to me? It's an 11 point game?

He'd rather take the "guaranteed" three and attempt the hard to get td and two point conversion after successfully kicking an onisde kick. 

1 minute ago, billgorton said:

Remember when Jeff Fischer did like 5 onside kicks in 1 game

yup... still lost 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Jax (2-4) got crushed by the Raiders

The Colts will be crushed at their place too.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

3 points, onside recovery, more time left for a TD + conversion.  Not a very likely scenario

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Field goal and touchdown and 2 point conversion lol

so you could score 6 and go for 2..if you get the onside

I mean I get that part. I meant the getting the FG unit out on 2nd down. I would still take shots if you've the downs to spare. Especially when you've seen how bad the Colts are on D. Throw it and maybe draw the PI. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

The game is finally... (freakingly)... over.

I bet Lamey was sweating bullets before that Onside Kick. I was even thinking, if they get this?????

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, James said:

The Colts will be crushed at their place too.

no bad news today...

....we're needing to beat KC next week....and get back to .500

There we go folks, squeaky, but a W. I know a lot won't be happy with even winning anymore but I'll take it.

2 people like this

Good news everyone! We aren't on the floor mat of the division now! Thanks Jags!

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I mean I get that part. I meant the getting the FG unit out on 2nd down. I would still take shots if you've the downs to spare. Especially when you've seen how bad the Colts are on D. Throw it and maybe draw the PI. 

The sooner you kick the field goal...the more time you leave you team if you get the onside kick..

you need tom score 8 and 3 in any order

Whew glad we got the win today !!  Not sure my heart can take much more  LOL

Colts tied for second in the South!  Colts are better than Houston...need to show that in coming weeks.

This is the first time this year that i've really watched Mariota and he missed on what should have been some easy completions.

Luck missed on some throws too. Too many penalities from the Colts. At least the Colts were able to close it out and get the win.

The sooner you kick the field goal...the more time you leave you team if you get the onside kick..

you need tom score 8 and 3 in any order

I can understand that, but really I'd chance losing some time to test out the Colts D and see if I can score the TD first and leave you the possibility of getting the 2nd. This is a D that has crumbled after all in every 4th qtr this year.

Matters not now :)

Well done, great win and is it ironic that it was the defence that won it in the end.

we could still turn this season around, or will a couple of poor decisions come back to haunt us.

13 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Agreed, he's had a good game today.

As far as pass rush among the D Line goes our best pass rushers according to PFF have been McGill. Anderson and Kerr whos also got some pressure here and there but all have been inconsistent with it. Part of that is snap count I think

McGill coming in has 63 pass rush snaps 59.3 pass rush grade...Not good but I think he needs more snaps and that could improve his grade

Kerr-90 pass rush snaps  pass rush grade 70.2 pass rush grade

Anderson- 62 pass rush snaps but has been injured 75.6 pass rush grade

No other D Lineman that's a Colt has a pass rush grade above 50.7. I don't think Langford is back to what he was pre injury as far as game shape. Ridgeway really isn't ready to be out their yet

1 person likes this

we have 5 home games left and road games at Green bay, Oakland, Minnesota and the Jets.

If we win 'em all at home .....We need one road win to get to 9-7

After the Texans lose tomorrow, we will be 1 game out of first place again. Luckily we still play them again so we can make the game up we lost last week.

Oakland and the Jets I'd give us some hope at. Raiders D hasn't been all that this year and if Vontae can manage Cooper we might have a chance.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I can understand that, but really I'd chance losing some time to test out the Colts D and see if I can score the TD first and leave you the possibility of getting the 2nd. This is a D that has crumbled after all in every 4th qtr this year.

Matters not now :)

You dont want to run out the clock....trying get the first of 2 scores you need..when a FG takes 2 seconds.

.....you're saying that our 'D' isn't great (true) but the Titans aren't looking at it that way..they need 2 scores and the first oe is a gimme if its the FG..so take it and leave 1:00 left for the TD against that crumbly' defense

Its all good

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

we have 5 home games left and road games at Green bay, Oakland, Minnesota and the Jets.

If we win 'em all at home .....We need one road win to get to 9-7

Jets are a real winnable game and so is KC in Indy as Luck seems to have their number and if we win the rest of our Division games that is 8-8 right there at worse.

I'll take it, but definitely a hollow win. 

Mariota is definitely not a quality qb at this point.

Everything was over thrown or he guns a pass that should be lobbed.

5 hours ago, Gramz said:

Go COLTS.  :coltslogo::huthut::colts:

Bring us home a WIN.

Thanks for complying. :)

1 person likes this

Glad we won.  However Irsay needs to make some bold moves at the end of this year to save this team.  It isn't going to get better.  If Irsay isn't willing to do what needs to be done maybe its time for his daughter to take over!! 

Colts scored 14 points in one minuite and win 34-26! Great win by the Colts!  

Colts host KC next week and will try to even their record at 4-4.

GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts::coltshelmet::coltslogo:  :rock:

5 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Colts scored 14 points in one minuite and win 34-26! Great win by the Colts!  

Colts host KC next week and will try to even their record at 4-4.

GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts::coltshelmet::coltslogo:  :rock:

If we can get that win, It's basically like starting 0-0 with an 8 game season. We still have 3 Division games left and they are all at home. Beating KC wont be easy though but we usually do when Andrew brings his A game despite our bad Defense.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

McGill forces Fumble and the old man scoops it up for the score. Way to go Mathis! Nice drive by Andrew as well to get the lead. Huge Division win, man did we need this. Jags lost too. Hell we played the Titans and the REFS and still won haha .

I agree with the bolded.  That passing interference call on #32 aka TJ green who wasn't even in the game was the best!  They legit meant to call it on Vontae and Vontae played it perfectly!  The illegal shift penalty was a little tick tacky as well.  It seemed like every time the Colts got a stop or a big first down there was a flag lol.  Some were legit but a few were questionable.  T.Y. got held 90% of the game too, he might have drawn a flag once.  Better team won tho!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with the bolded.  That passing interference call on #32 aka TJ green who wasn't even in the game was the best!  They legit meant to call it on Vontae and Vontae played it perfectly!  The illegal shift penalty was a little tick tacky as well.  It seemed like every time the Colts got a stop or a big first down there was a flag lol.  Some were legit but a few were questionable.  T.Y. got held 90% of the game too, he might have drawn a flag once.  Better team won tho!

Yeah glad to see us overcome the REFS. That Illegal Shift was a joke and so was the PI on Vontae. That was 2 big calls, LUCKILY LUCK still hit Doyle for the Game winner after TY's TD got taken away.

1 person likes this

I bought tickets to a game. But I am wondering what does row 1N mean? Is this the very first row or not? Not sure why some sections have letters after them. Can anyone help me out with this??