LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

880 posts in this topic

Hi, Colts fans!  :)    Our 2-4  Indianapolis Colts  play their second consecutive AFC South divisonal opponent on the road, as they are in Nashville to play the 3-3  and improved Tennessee Titans, in both teams 44th all-time  meeting, including an AFC Divisonal Playoff Game,and their 15th regular season road visit and game in Nashville.

Colts will try to maintain a lead in this game as they were on the verge of winning last week at Houston on Sunday Night Football. Colts were leading 23-9  with five minuites  left in the fourth quarter.  But Texans QB Brock Osweiler  threw two touchdown passes to force overtime.  

After the Colts were forced to punt, Osweiler threw a 36-yard TD pass to Jaelen Strong, putting the Texans to the 12-yard line, then Nick Novak kicked the game winning 36-yard field goal in overtime.

Colts have been dominant in the AFC South, winning two division titles in 2013 and 2014, and winning 16-straight games over AFC South opponents, but the Colts have lost 4 out of five games since 2015.

Indianapolis though has an advantage  in  Sunday's afternoon's game over Tennessee. Colts are on a current, nine-game, five year, regular season winning streak over the Titans, and have not lost  game to the Titans, since their 27-10 loss at then named LP Field back on October 30, 2011.  and outscored the Titans in the previous nine meetings 258 points to 174 points.  Indianapolis swept the season series in 2015, including the season finale, where Jerrell Freeman returned and interception, and Adam Vinatieri kicked a 35-yard field goal in the second half, to win the season finale 30-24 at LOS, back on January 3, 2016.

Colts also leads the series, including a 1999 AFC Divisional Playoff Game, with 29 wins and 14 losses.

Clear and sunny skies at 71 degrees is the game forecast inside Nissan Stadium in Downtown Nashville, for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

NO injuries,  win your third game of the season and stay Colts Strong, and and GO COLTS!!!!!  :coltslogo:  :1colts::colts::coltslogo:

1 person likes this

Thanks LOS !!!  I'm sure hoping for a win today !!!  I know we are banged up, but still hoping we can put it all together and show some improvement :)

GOOOOO Colts !!!

2 people like this

For anybody that might have missed it...here are the highlights of Pagano's pre-game comments! 

"Well, without a doubt we will have to keep chopping a lot of wood today! Guys will need to execute...#12 will be ready, we've watched lots of film, the effort will be there!"

Go Colts!

1 person likes this

Go COLTS.  :coltslogo::huthut::colts:

Bring us home a WIN.

1 person likes this

I have a bad feeling about today's game. I hope I'm wrong but I feel today will be a new low in the Pagano era. I could see the Titans easily rushing for 300 yards today and winning big. 

18 minutes ago, Colttodd18 said:

I have a bad feeling about today's game. I hope I'm wrong but I feel today will be a new low in the Pagano era. I could see the Titans easily rushing for 300 yards today and winning big. 

Merged with the game day thread

Temporary setback from last Sunday!   I figure the Colts, Coach Pagano and his coaching staff will grow from it. I have to figure they saw the game film in their meetings during practice on how adjusting  keep their leads, especially late in the game.  

Just checked the distribution map. I once again don't get to watch the game. God I HATE living so close to Cincinnati. 

I think we win this game. The Colts usually win the ones where most outside the fanbase think we have no chance. Facing a bad matchup, bunch of injuries, backs against the walls more than ever.

I think we pull out a really ugly win. I just hope Casey doesn't decimate Luck like he did in '15.

Robert Mathis cant ever be in coverage..for a lot of reasons...

They made us look bad...7-0

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Robert Mathis cant ever be in coverage..for a lot of reasons...

They made us look bad...6-0

It's pretty much a given that the home team scores on their opening drive these days right right right???