Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+3) @ Tennessee (10-23-16)

oldunclemark

Spiro Dedos and Solomon Wilcots (again no sideline babe for our game) on CBS

Low 70s and sunny, over-under at 48.... in Nashville, Tennessee..1 p.m. EST

wow...Colts WRs Donte Moncrief and Phillip Dorsett, and tight end Dwayne Allen are all out  so QB Andrew Luck (152 of 237, 1,721 yards, 11 Tds, 4 interceptions)  will look for TY Hilton (38 catches, 556 yards, 3 TDs) if he can go and Jack Doyle (20 catches, 204 yards, 3 TDs) .

Even Quan Bray is out....who catches the ball?  We need a big day here from Chester Rogers

RB Frank Gore (100 carries, 434 yards) has done well and PK Adam Vinatieri should break the al-time record for consecutive field goals\

Luck (22 rushes, 132 yards) is averaging more than 6 yards a carry..Colts  O- line was good much of the game last week at Houston

Titan QB Marcus Mariotta (117 of 189, 1,372 yards, 10 INTs, 6 INTs) has only been sacked nine times but I dont know why top TE Delanie Walker only has 19 catches for 246 yards) .....he caught 95 passes last year....is he hurt?   ...............Mariotta .will look for Kendall Walker (17 catches, 246 yards) . who caught 94 in 2013

Titans (3-3) have 16 QB sacks including 7 by OLB Bryan Orakpo

The 'old Cowboy' DeMarco Murray (114 carries, 526 yards. 4 TDs) is having a good year and you know he's getting 20 carries against the Colts shaky run defense..

The 'old Steeler' Dick LeBeau runs the Titan defense so he'll cook up some mess to try to hold down Luck.

All Colts games have gone 'over' this year except the 26-22 win over SD, which missed by one point ....but Titans have been held to 20 or less 4 times so the 'over' here is possible but shaky.

I hate to say it but if you only have to give 3 points..the Titans are a good bet

Just now, oldunclemark said:

That's true....its hard to keep track of all the hurts..

...Titans must have some guys on IR.....but they seem relatively healthy...

...and coming off two wins........very concerned abut this one

I wrote in another thread I expect us to be down early 21-3 by half and then mount a comeback, but that was before I saw all these injuries. as great as luck is, this doesnt look promising, but hey its football. anything can happen.

35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I wrote in another thread I expect us to be down early 21-3 by half and then mount a comeback, but that was before I saw all these injuries. as great as luck is, this doesnt look promising, but hey its football. anything can happen.

if TY Hilton cant go....and unless Andrew can throw the ball to himself....................

.....our 27 points a game scoring average may dip and we cant afford that slip on this trip

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

if TY Hilton cant go....and unless Andrew can throw the ball to himself....................

.....our 27 points a game scoring average may dip and we cant afford that slip on this trip

Hilton will play... Being down Allen, Dorsett and Moncrief is really going to hurt. I expect Tennessee to load the box a lot and play man all day with TY getting doubled the whole game.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Spiro Dedos and Solomon Wilcots (again no sideline babe for our game) on CBS

Low 70s and sunny, over-under at 48.... in Nashville, Tennessee..1 p.m. EST

wow...Colts WRs Donte Moncrief and Phillip Dorsett, and tight end Dwayne Allen are all out  so QB Andrew Luck (152 of 237, 1,721 yards, 11 Tds, 4 interceptions)  will look for TY Hilton (38 catches, 556 yards, 3 TDs) if he can go and Jack Doyle (20 catches, 204 yards, 3 TDs) .

Even Quan Bray is out....who catches the ball?  We need a big day here from Chester Rogers

RB Frank Gore (100 carries, 434 yards) has done well and PK Adam Vinatieri should break the al-time record for consecutive field goals\

Luck (22 rushes, 132 yards) is averaging more than 6 yards a carry..Colts  O- line was good much of the game last week at Houston

Titan QB Marcus Mariotta (117 of 189, 1,372 yards, 10 INTs, 6 INTs) has only been sacked nine times but I dont know why top TE Delanie Walker only has 19 catches for 246 yards) .....he caught 95 passes last year....is he hurt?   ...............Mariotta .will look for Kendall Walker (17 catches, 246 yards) . who caught 94 in 2013

Titans (3-3) have 16 QB sacks including 7 by OLB Bryan Orakpo

The 'old Cowboy' DeMarco Murray (114 carries, 526 yards. 4 TDs) is having a good year and you know he's getting 20 carries against the Colts shaky run defense..

The 'old Steeler' Dick LeBeau runs the Titan defense so he'll cook up some mess to try to hold down Luck.

All Colts games have gone 'over' this year except the 26-22 win over SD, which missed by one point ....but Titans have been held to 20 or less 4 times so the 'over' here is possible but shaky.

I hate to say it but if you only have to give 3 points..the Titans are a good bet

Oldunclemark, I was hoping you would title this thread "Clash with the Titans" lol.

Maybe in our second meeting? haha

Btw, I Like your pregame preveiws.

51 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I'm not confident BUT I have a hunch we win.

There must be a game where everything clicks together and the team can build on confidence over the coming weeks and I really think this could be the week. I am sure the players will be hurting after the way the game was lost last week and that can give them the push they need to get it right this time.

i am looking forward to some positive comments on here come Sunday night/Monday morning.

Come on the colts

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We have to grab this win. If we can grab this win I think we also have a good shot at beating KC at Lucas Oil Stadium the following week. We would be 4-4 at that point and the talk around this forum will be noticeably different.

Agree, but KC may be starting to build something. Makes tomorrow all that more important I suppose. 

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Oldunclemark, I was hoping you would title this thread "Clash with the Titans" lol.

Maybe in our second meeting? haha

Btw, I Like your pregame preveiws.

Thanks..I just like to write and be silly.

I could have said..The Colts need to 'Titan' up on defense to have any chance!!!

2 hours ago, krunk said:

We have to grab this win. If we can grab this win I think we also have a good shot at beating KC at Lucas Oil Stadium the following week. We would be 4-4 at that point and the talk around this forum will be noticeably different.

I agree..last week was really tough......but I think we can do well against KC...

.... just hope Tennessee isn't looking at this as their big chance to finally get us...

...we have so many skill players down and Mariotta can be very good if you cant rush him

23 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Agree, but KC may be starting to build something. Makes tomorrow all that more important I suppose. 

Right now I'm just focused on this Titan game. But hypothetically speaking I dont feel beating KC in our house is out of the realm of possibility. We will have Moncrief back by then and we should be closer to settling in to this new defense. Smoothed out some of the trouble spots hopefully.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree..last week was really tough......but I think we can do well against KC...

.... just hope Tennessee isn't looking at this as their big chance to finally get us...

...we have so many skill players down and Mariotta can be very good if you cant rush him

I think we will see the same game plan Jacksonville used maybe. Bortles kept running around making plays from the shotgun primarily. Then they kept leaning on Yeldon. Difference is to me Tenn. Is mostly garbage at the WR position. I will be interested to see what adjustments weve made.

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Smith and Street can make some plays. Havent seen Street live yet but he appears to be a big body possession receiver with real good hands. Smith had been here the entire preseason so Luck should have some kind of relationship I think. I trust Chester Rogers and TY Hilton. I trust Jack Doyle. Hoping Swoope can make a play or two out there. I really like our chances if we continue running the football well.

13 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Smith and Street can make some plays. Havent seen Street live yet but he appears to be a big body possession receiver with real good hands. Smith had been here the entire preseason so Luck should have some kind of relationship I think. I trust Chester Rogers and TY Hilton. I trust Jack Doyle. Hoping Swoope can make a play or two out there. I really like our chances if we continue running the football well.

we're going to see the ball a lot  in 'Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood'