Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope the titans players

bigt

11 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I wanted the Colts to win in 201. I didn't want them to cut Manning for Luck, but I definitely want them to lose now. It just isn't any fun watching this team. 

I was the same in 2011. I knew that loss to Jacksonville meant the of Manning in Indy and deep down I think everyone in the stadium did because they were loud from memory. As for this year, let's wait until after the game today!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jjcolts said:

Not sure if you were around in the early 2000's (2003, 04) the boards use to shutdown after the one and done in the playoffs.

yeah I was on the old site, under a different name, I just dont recall what that screen name was :wall:,  didnt post much as I was usually busy with military duties. But I know this place goes nuts.  I predict today COULD be along the same lines IF we lose or lose badly

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah I was on the old site, under a different name, I just dont recall what that screen name was :wall:,  didnt post much as I was usually busy with military duties. But I know this place goes nuts.  I predict today COULD be along the same lines IF we lose or lose badly

Speaking of the old site, I remember a very knowledgeable poster went by name of Dave Miami or something. Do you remember him? I wonder if he's still here under another name.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher said:

Speaking of the old site, I remember a very knowledgeable poster went by name of Dave Miami or something. Do you remember him? I wonder if he's still here under another name.

Faintly rings a bell. Im sure someone here will know if he's still around

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For someone who don't remember any exact quotes your sure remember what was said? Who were these people? Callers? Players? Coaches? the GM? the Owner?

If it's talk radio and it was fans who called in it means zero.

You think if somehow the Colts lets say won 2 or 3 games in a row the talk in this forum would be different?

I find it strange that you mentioned those people were talking about Cato June. He is a player that mostly only Colts fans remember. For present Texan fans  bringing his name up really dumbfounds me.

15 hours ago, bigt said:

Don't remember any exact quotes, it was on Tuesday or Wednesday I was listening.  But, to paint a broad stroke.  The only person they fear is Luck.  They said our offensive line, defense, Pags, and Grisgson are horrible.  Pags and Grigson are nothing compared to how Dungy and Polian were.  They said Dungy wasn't the best coach, but he was a good leader.  Said Polian knew how to draft.  They were talking about how they remembered there were always 5 or 6 guys Titans fans could count on from the Colts to hurt them.  Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, and Cato June.  Now, they fear no one but Luck.  They also mentioned how Grigson can't seem to find anymore guys like the aforementioned  Where they were kind of laughing is when they were going over the injury report.  Said something like "kind of funny how Colts players start getting injured when they start losing all the time."

I hope Andrew beats them and I get to listen to them whine.  Heck, I may even call in and mock them a little.  How soon they forget how bad their team was and how long they were horrible.

They actually said Cato June?  Lol

Well, if you read my original post, you would see that it was the talk show host on one of the radio broadcasts they have on in the after noon.  He's around 70, so I guess he would remember the old days.  BTW, it was a Titan radio talk show host, not a Texans fan. It wasn't the morning show, or the midday 180, or the 3 hour lunch.  It was the one with the old guy that runs in the afternoon. Not sure why you are getting so defensive with my post.  Are you calling me a liar? I was listening to Nashville talk radio on the way home from taking my son for a checkup and heard the analysts being excited about the game and how they were chucking over the injury report.  And it was the Friday show, not Tuesday or Wednesday.  My bad,  I still don't remember the exact quotes.  I didn't have someone taking down notes for me in the car.  Maybe you can go back and listen to the recording.  I'll have to figure out what the name of the show is tomorrow and the name of the host tomorrow when I listen to them meltdown.  Love being called out by someone that doesn't even know me on a public forum.  You can go back and fact check me crazycolt and let the forum know what you find out.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am disappointed they didn't say Booger McFarland?

Yep, they may have mentioned Mathis as well.  Maybe Freeney.  But definitely Cato Junes, and Sanders on defense.  And Clark, Wayne, Peyton, and Harrison on offense.  Also mentioned Polian and Dungy.  Sorry, I was just casually listening while driving home and heard bits and pieces and the general overall attitude of the talk show host.  Its one I generally don't listen to.  I'll make sure I find out and post it on here on Monday and let you know the station, talk show name, and host name.  Can't wait to here what he has to say now.  I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary with the other talk shows.  Wycheck, Blaine Bishop, Chad Withrow, etc are usually pretty cool.  But this guy was getting on my nerve.

On 10/21/2016 at 2:07 PM, bigt said:

are as overconfident as the local Nashville sports analysts.  Never heard them so giddy.  Guess they have every reason to think its going to be a blowout seeing as most of our average players (which is pretty much the best we have) are organizing a mash unit for this weeks game.

Mad props to you!!

YOU CALLED IT!!

I think it's EXACTLY what happened.      Especially after the first drive where they marched easily down the field making us look pitiful and then scored on the tackle-eligible play.      I think the Titans got fat and sassy and thought we'd be a push over from there....

And I thought of you, Big T, through this game today...

YOU CALLED IT!!

We played harder the rest of the way.      We out-played them the rest of the game.       We made a ton of mistakes and almost gave the game away,    but we gave more effort and won with guts.

And did I mention that YOU CALLED IT?!?!?

A job well done!!           :thmup:

4 minutes ago, bigt said:

LOL, thanks man.  I haven't even been listening to the nashville stuff this afternoon, but I definitely will tomorrow.  I think it may have been the host of the Thom Abraham show on 95.9.  Can't wait to hear him tomorrow,  The main thing that * me off about what he said was how he was implying the Colts players were soft and faking injuries due to the recent losses.  His exact quote "its amazing how much tighter your hamstrings get when you are losing"  Well, close to exact.

Talk about bad karma.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:52 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah I'm not a real fan cause I'd rather improve quickly with high picks in all 7 rounds then get blown out in the playoffs by the real good teams give me a break. 

Sorry I'm a realist not a sheep 

So you want the team to improve quickly, but just not this year.  yeah, that makes sense.  

Sheep look at you and laugh.

On October 23, 2016 at 5:09 AM, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yes totally remember - he was a Miami Heat fan as well... that is how I remember 

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around us losing to that trashy Jags team. They are a terrible ball club who showed very little effort last night. Maybe it was the trip to London or something.

It was a terrible game all round. Jags should have blown us away in the 1st 3 quarters.