Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope the titans players

bigt

are as overconfident as the local Nashville sports analysts.  Never heard them so giddy.  Guess they have every reason to think its going to be a blowout seeing as most of our average players (which is pretty much the best we have) are organizing a mash unit for this weeks game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I hope the Titans players do their job and beat our crappy team and fully eliminate all the false hope out of this franchise and it's fans this year.

Because that's what a good colt fan does huh COLT FAN 12?

Why is Colt Fan in your title?

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah I'm not a real fan cause I'd rather improve quickly with high picks in all 7 rounds then get blown out in the playoffs by the real good teams give me a break. 

Sorry I'm a realist not a sheep 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah I'm not a real fan cause I'd rather improve quickly with high picks in all 7 rounds then get blown out in the playoffs by the real good teams give me a break. 

What team have you seen improve quickly with one little draft?  Every team other than the Colts in this division has been drafting high picks for years and they are still not dominant.  Unless you're saying we aren't that crappy are you?  That must be what you're saying right?

Just now, krunk said:

What team have you seen improve quickly with one little draft?  Every team in this division has been drafting high picks for years and they are still not dominant.  Unless you're saying we aren't that crappy are you?  That must be what you're saying right?

Our only problem is the God awful defense we could get quite a few great players with high pick with a competent GM doing the picking. And we will also have FA if we stop blowing our money on 100 year old players.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If we are as crappy as you say then one draft isn't going to improve much of anything.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's because he wants a high draft pick or he thinks Pagano will get fired if we keep losing, JMO. I don't think Irsay is going to fire Pagano no matter how we finish so that hope is useless. He will give him at least next season because of the extension he gave him. To me the Draft is a crapshoot unless you have the #1 pick and an Andrew Luck is sitting there. A lot of players that have went in the mid to late 1st round have been better than Top 3 players picked. In general I do not believe in Tanking or hoping the team does bad just so I can have a higher pick because that pick may be a bust anyway. I have been a fan since 1984 and I can honestly the only time in my fandom history where I didn't care if we won or not was once we hit 0-8 in 2011. That is only because I knew Luck was coming out and we had a legitimate shot at picking 1st at that point. To the people wanting us to lose, here is the news: We aren't bad enough to get the #1 pick or even a Top 3 pick. Teams like the Browns, Bears, 49ers will no doubt finish with worse records.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Our only problem is the God awful defense we could get quite a few great players with high pick with a competent GM doing the picking. And we will also have FA if we stop blowing our money on 100 year old players.

But Irsay has already said he has "100 Percent Confidence" in Pagano and Grigson.  You and the rest of the Mob on this forum are already convinced they are our downfall so what do high picks matter if they are picked by Grigson right?  Wondering why you're so optimistic about the draft if we end up with a losing record?

Just now, krunk said:

If we are as crappy as you say then one draft isn't going to improve much of anything.

We got safeties we got a great corner we got a decent D line draft an OLB high in the 1st and go after another in FA plus draft and ILB sign a draft or another CB and we will greatly improve our D we can cut the ancient players we got and move towards youth 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because he wants a high draft pick or he thinks Pagano will get fired if we keep losing, JMO. I don't think Irsay is going to fire Pagano no matter how we finish so that hope is useless. He will give him at least next season because of the extension he gave him. To me the Draft is a crapshoot unless you have the #1 pick and an Andrew Luck is sitting there. A lot of players that have went in the mid to late 1st round have been better than Top 3 players picked. In general I do not believe in Tanking or hoping the team does bad just so I can have a higher pick because that pick may be a bust anyway. I have been a fan since 1984 and I can honestly the only time in my fandom history where I didn't care if we won or not was once we hit 0-8 in 2011. That is only because I knew Luck was coming out and we had a legitimate shot at picking 1st at that point. To the people wanting us to lose, here is the news: We aren't bad enough to get the #1 pick or even a Top 3 pick. Teams like the Browns, Bears, 49ers will no doubt finish with worse records.

Your close I hate Grigson and want him canned Pagano can go too but Grigson is worse 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm not even planning on some type of Browns/Dolphins record if we somehow suck.  Not with Luck behind the Center.     Probably wouldn't be any worse than last year to be honest.     I just think if you're a fan you cheer for your team no matter what.  If we truly suck then the record will reflect that regardless.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

But Irsay has already said he has "100 Percent Confidence" in Pagano and Grigson.  You and the rest of the Mob on this forum are already convinced they are our downfall so what do high picks matter if they are picked by Grigson right?  Wondering why you're so optimistic about the draft if we end up with a losing record?

Til we keep losing and I guarantee he changes his mind and there is no guarantee him saying that wasn't just a smoke screen how many owners say that stuff in every sport yet turn around and fire them anyway 

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We got safeties we got a great corner we got a decent D line draft an OLB high in the 1st and go after another in FA plus draft and ILB sign a draft or another CB and we will greatly improve our D we can cut the ancient players we got and move towards youth 

Oh so now you're admitting there really is some talent on the D?   Actually I agree with you.   Our linebackers however definitely need upgrading.  I don't believe we need to tank just to upgrade the unit.   Just my opinion

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Til we keep losing and I guarantee he changes his mind and there is no guarantee him saying that wasn't just a smoke screen how many owners say that stuff in every sport yet turn around and fire them anyway 

Do you really believe we'll end up with a Browns or Dolphins type record with Luck under center?  I actually think the D is going to get better.  They haven't really yielded a lot of points.  It's a new defense and people are still getting the nuances down.  The Coordinator is new and learning on the fly.  I think eventually they'll do enough to at least put a band aid on the ILB situation at some point this year.  They'll probably find some way to improve the pass rush too just a little bit this year.    I just can't see us losing so much we end up with a top ten pick.   I don't see it...  Just My Opinion

I'm not even planning on some type of Browns/Dolphins record if we somehow suck.  Not with Luck behind the Center.     Probably wouldn't be any worse than last year to be honest.     I just think if you're a fan you cheer for your team no matter what.  If we truly suck then the record will reflect that regardless.

I agree. With Luck we will still probably finish no worse than 8-8 unless we just keep giving games away. Last weeks loss is still mindboggling. ESPN said we had a 99% chance of winning up by 14 points with under 5 minutes to go. A win there and we would've been in 1st place in the Division.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Oh so now you're admitting there really is some talent on the D?   Actually I agree with you.   Our linebackers however definitely need upgrading.   However I don't believe we need to tank just to upgrade the unit.   Just my opinion

Never said we didn't have talent on D I absolutely love Vontae he's one of my favorite corners in the league. I like Geathers a lot too and Anderson. I think we could use a better NT but other then that spot the D line is good. Our linebackers have no talent imo so yes picking high would help that cause I think alotherwise of picks and FA money needs to go there to completely overhaul that unit. If a top pick gets us a shot at a Von Miller or Mack type OLB then hell yeah I want a top pick.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. With Luck we will still probably finish no worse than 8-8 unless we just keep giving games away. Last weeks loss is still mindboggling. ESPN said we had a 99% chance of winning up by 14 points with under 5 minutes to go. A win there and we would've been in 1st place in the Division.

That game was just like Monachino described it.   It was a "Punch In The Gut" or a "Punch In The Nuts" for sure.   That's why I'm talking like I'm talking about this Titans game.  I know we're better than them dudes, and I feel like crap even having people question if we can win.  I felt the same way about Houston and we shoved those boys around for most of that game.  Like Pagano said we got to play 4 quarters though.   The problem keeps being what we are doing to our ownselves.

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Never said we didn't have talent on D I absolutely love Vontae he's one of my favorite corners in the league. I like Geathers a lot too and Anderson. I think we could use a better NT but other then that spot the D line is good. Our linebackers have no talent imo so yes picking high would help that cause I think alotherwise of picks and FA money needs to go there to completely overhaul that unit. If a top pick gets us a shot at a Von Miller or Mack type OLB then hell yeah I want a top pick.

I still kind of feel like we should have made a run at Damon Harrison from the Jets but that's water under the bridge now.  The bigger problem is these backers.  I hate that Mcnary!  Morrison just is not a good athlete and that's very hard to fix.  Love that he likes to hit, but you got to be able catch something to hit it in the first place!  

Edwin Jackson has speed, but he's green and obviously still learning.   I think Ayers is a player, but he got here late so I might have to agree with Gavin that he might still be learning the defense.  There's not a lot to choose from with this bunch. Then there's the Sio Moore experiment that blew up in their faces.  I'm still trying to figure out why they chose to let go of Nate Irving and keep Mcnary.

That game was just like Monachino described it.   It was a "Punch In The Gut" or a "Punch In The Nuts" for sure.   That's why I'm talking like I'm talking about this Titans game.  I know we're better than them dudes, and I feel like crap even having people question if we can win.  I felt the same way about Houston and we shoved those boys around for most of that game.  Like Pagano said we got to play 4 quarters though.   The problem keeps being what we are doing to our ownselves.

I may be dumb but I think we win this week. I have it 27-26 as we find away to barely to win while giving everyone an ulcer.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still kind of feel like we should have made a run at Damon Harrison from the Jets but that's water under the bridge now.  The bigger problem is these backers.  I hate that Mcnary!  Morrison just is not a good athlete and that's very hard to fix.  Love that he likes to hit, but you got to be able catch something to hit it in the first place!   Edwin Jackson has speed, but he's green and obviously still learning.   I think Ayers is a player, but he got here late so I might have to agree with Gavin that he might still be learning the defense.  There's not a lot to choose from with this bunch.

Oh I wish we would have too! He would have been a fantastic anchor for the middle of our line. I agree with the linebackers Morrison is slow as molasses and I can't stand McNary either.I do like Ayers too I think even if we blow up our unit next year he will end up being a depth player for us. Idk about Jackson he is young I'd put him out there to see what we got McNary is awful so what the hell.

A part of me however feels that if Green don't show much in the coverage department then I'd wanna look at a nice cover S to pair with Geathers. We need to start getting INTs!!

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Oh I wish we would have too! He would have been a fantastic anchor for the middle of our line. I agree with the linebackers Morrison is slow as molasses and I can't stand McNary either.I do like Ayers too I think even if we blow up our unit next year he will end up being a depth player for us. Idk about Jackson he is young I'd put him out there to see what we got McNary is awful so what the hell.

A part of me however feels that if Green don't show much in the coverage department then I'd wanna look at a nice cover S to pair with Geathers. We need to start getting INTs!!

I think Green is fine.  He'll get better as we go.

59 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I hope the Titans players do their job and beat our crappy team and fully eliminate all the false hope out of this franchise and it's fans this year.

What a pathetic comment.  I have been a fan since 1958 and have never and will never root against the Colts.  No matter how bad it gets.  And I have seen it bad.  NEVER!  No matter how much you try to rationalize your pathetic comment.  NEVER.  Real fans don't want their team to lose. NEVER!   And you use the name Colts_Fan 12.  What a joke.  In case you missed it.  I will never root against the COLTS!   NEVER!

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

What a pathetic comment.  I have been a fan since 1958 and have never and will never root against the Colts.  No matter how bad it gets.  And I have seen it bad.  NEVER!  No matter how much you try to rationalize your pathetic comment.  NEVER.  Real fans don't want their team to lose. NEVER!   And you use the name Colts_Fan 12.  What a joke.  In case you missed it.  I will never root against the COLTS!   NEVER!

See my Post above. I pretty much summed things up. 

40 minutes ago, krunk said:

I always cheer for the colts when watching....BUT, if losing hastens the departure of dumb and dumber, them lose they must!!

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You wanted the Colts to win coming down the stretch in 2011?  Be honest.......

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Oh the good old I'm a better fan then you crap!! lol Good for you bud your free to feel however you want to and have your opinion no matter how stupid it is haha

32 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You wanted the Colts to win coming down the stretch in 2011?  Be honest.......

That is the only time I wanted us to lose in 32 years of being a fan but it's only because Luck was there to Draft. Once we got to 0-8 that season was over anyway. I cant even recall wanting us to lose late in 1997 with Manning there even to Draft. Maybe it's because up to that point the Colts didn't have a winning atmosphere here in Indy so I wasn't even looking at the big picture in 1997. Anyway outside of 2011 down the stretch I have never rooted against us.

Tanking generally just isn't in my DNA. I hate losing.

i was wanting to tank last year after luck got hurt, but i dont feel that way now

we could be good again if we end up in the middle of the rounds, a top 5 pick isnt that important

they have to stop missing on picks though, it should be the best defender on the board in the first round or two. 

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

Here we go, 2011 all over again. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to want a high draft pick on a lost season.

And who told you the season was lost? And when did the definition of fan turn into routing against your team?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

And who told you the season was lost? And when did the definition of fan turn into routing against your team?

I told me the season was lost. I believe anything short of a superbowl title is a failed season. Let's face it, we're not going to make it. Who are you to question what being a fan of a team is? There's arguments for both path's but it's easy to see the clear goal for both sides is they want to see the team get better.