Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Colts GM Ryan Grigson wasted away all his Luck

Thewholefnshow28

It looked like things were about to turn Indianapolis's way again last Sunday night. The Colts have been, in many ways, the luckiest franchise in football the past two decades. After producing a terrible season the year Peyton Manning entered the draft, they went 141-67 before Manning suffered a serious neck injury, yielding a second dismal season at the exact time Andrew Luck -- arguably the best quarterback prospect since Manning -- became available.

The Colts have played in what has perennially been the NFL's worst division with Luck at the helm, finishing no better than 13th in DVOA and still managing to make it to the playoffs three times in four seasons. Indy has won a league-high 71.1 percent of its games decided by one touchdown or less over that time frame. Meanwhile, the other teams in their division have combined to go through seven permanent head coaches.

All of which brings us to last Sunday night. With 4:56 left to go against the Texans, the Colts had a win expectancy of 99 percent. From there, the defense fell apart. It allowed a third-and-10 conversion at midfield to DeAndre Hopkins. Then Lamar Miller danced through tackles for a touchdown. Then the Colts went three-and-out and Houston scored again to tie the score. And after Indianapolis got one more bit of luck by winning the overtime coin toss, Indy punted and the Texans kicked a game-winning field goal

LINK to the rest

This is to good of an article by Bill Barnwell to be lost in a sticky thread.

When you you cobine 2013, 2014, and 2015 we had 20 picks and of those picks only 7 of those players are still on our active roster.  When you whiff on 65% of your draft picks over a three year span it is not Andrew Luck's contract that is the problem.  It is the inability of the GM to draft properly.

12 minutes ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

When you you cobine 2013, 2014, and 2015 we had 20 picks and of those picks only 7 of those players are still on our active roster.  When you whiff on 65% of your draft picks over a three year span it is not Andrew Luck's contract that is the problem.  It is the inability of the GM to draft properly.

If it was possible I'd like your post more then just once good article and post sir!!

19 minutes ago, Solon said:

I liked the article, but he completely dismissed Mewhort as if he's a nobody. He honestly deserves pro bowl consideration. 

guards get lost in the shuffle

i bet there are very few non colts fans that have any idea who he is

TY is not even a house hold name outside of the division, though our market size plays into that

5 hours ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

he is having on the job training at being a gm, is he getting better? I don't know but I sure hope he improves quickly