Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans predictions

runthepost

Mularkey is a boring old school coach. He's going to run it 50 times. That'll slow the game down, but we can't stop the run.

17-14 Tic Tacs. 1980's type slow boring game.

Mariotta will kill us on one or two KEY third downs.

I see Brian Orakpo is balling for the Tacs. 7 sacks in 6 games.   I remember Orakpo and Trent Cole were available at the same time and we chose Trent Cole.  I understand Orakpo had a lot of injury stuff going on at that time, but I'm kind of wincing over that one now.  My my my.......  We had interest in Orakpo too, but Cole ended up being the choice I guess.

I see Brian Orakpo is balling for the Tacs. 7 sacks in 6 games.   I remember Orakpo and Trent Cole were available at the same time and we chose Trent Cole.  I understand Orakpo had a lot of injury stuff going on at that time, but I'm kind of wincing over that one now.  My my my.......  We had interest in Orakpo too, but Cole ended up being the choice I guess.

Grigson: "You're not going to let the Hunter leave your building without a contract!!"

haha Goodness, Orakpo would have been such a different story for us right now.

Last week's collapse was brutal and the stuff season tail spins are made of. They won't beat the Titans and will be widely perceived and firmly entrenched as an official NFL bottom feeder after Sunday.  This team looks like it is well on its way to under performing the low expectations (7-9, 8-8 or 9-7) that I had of them for this season.  Smh 

I'm expecting a Colts win.  I'm not getting fooled by the Titans rankings. I've seen them allow 27 vs Houston and they just recently allowed the Browns to put 26 point on that supposed Top Ten defense.  The Browns qbs suck. The Titans are an okay team, but nothing to be scared of.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm expecting a Colts win.  I'm not getting fooled by the Titans rankings. I've seen them allow 27 vs Houston and they just recently allowed the Browns to put 26 point on that supposed Top Ten defense.  The Browns qbs suck. The Titans are an okay team, but nothing to be scared of.

Well we won't score 20+ with just TY

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Well we won't score 20+ with just TY

This ain't Denver we are playing.  We've put up plenty of points with just TY. The other guys like Chester Rogers, Doyle, Swoope, Smith and Street have talent.  An elite quarterback can make plays when his guys are missing.  We just watched Phillip Rivers do that against Denver.  The Titans don't score a whole lot of points.  The next comment I'm sure you'll say is "Well they are playing our horrible D". If you've really paid close attention to our last 3 games they haven't really been that high scoring for most of the ball game. 

The Chargers scored 22 points and 7 to 14 of that came from turnovers, not from the Chargers offense.  The Bears seemed like they were killing us yardage wise, but that game was close all the way into the 4th quarter.  They only scored 23 points. Houston had 23 points at the end of the 4th quarter.  Most of our problems start cropping up around the 4th quarter or late 3rd.    As bad as it seems this D has looked, no one has really been running through this D points wise like a buzz saw.   They've given up yardage from missed tackles, but no team has really just ran away with it on us.  The last 3 opponents if we hadn't given up those late touchdowns to Houston are scoring around 22 points or less.  If we close that Houston game out properly it would be around 18-20 points.

You can say something about the Lions game but everybody was injured.  Same thing for the Broncos game and honestly about 14 of their points came from Turnovers.  Jaguars game we gave up 30, but honestly 7 of that came off a turnover in our own territory. The D you can really say gave up 23 points in that one too.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

We allowed 26 to Houston 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We allowed 26 to Houston 

Not in 4 quarters.  That's a full game.   Somebody has to score in overtime. We broke down at the end and we have to own that.  Still dominated them for most of the game. They had to scratch and claw to get the 23 they got.      We are letting up a lot of yards but the points are not that much overall.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:31 AM, tikyle said:

Mr. Murray is going to eat good on Sunday.

Breakfast before the game........some pancakes, bacon and something with cheese on it.

Brunch during the game......a whiff of McNary, a scoop of D'Qwell and a large serving of Morrison with some garnishments of Green and Geathers.

Dinner after the game.....a nice steak.  Horse meat even.

Hope he didn't choke....hehehe

Ugh, I was afraid a day like this would happen.

Mariota wasn't really comfortable all day.  Credit the Indy defense who got to him three times today including the fumble at the end of the game.  It's not that he was horrible (the last TD drive of the Titans was good but we were helped by Indy penalties), but it wasn't enough to beat a QB like Luck.

The Titans' O-line didn't really help making Mariota comfortable either and allowing the push in the final drive was awful.

The Titans D-line was stymied by the Colts O-line all day.  I said earlier in this thread that we lose if Luck is only sacked twice or less and that pretty much happened.  Brian Orakpo's name was barely called all day. With Luck upright, he could carve our secondary up and speaking of which...

None of our secondary could defend TY Hilton.  And former Titan Doyle got the best of us too, especially in the last Colts TD drive.

Special teams again killed us (something else i mentioned).  A botched extra point loomed large at game's end.  And Indy's surprise onside kick was muffed by our guys which resulted in three points.  So the tally for points given up by the special teams for the last three weeks: 10, 3 and 4.

Poor execution in all three phases of the game.  Hopefully our fans won't completely give up on the team after getting our hopes up.  We play JAX on Thursday so we can't dwell on the loss.

See you guys in Indy.

36 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Ugh, I was afraid a day like this would happen.

Mariota wasn't really comfortable all day.  Credit the Indy defense who got to him three times today including the fumble at the end of the game.  It's not that he was horrible (the last TD drive of the Titans was good but we were helped by Indy penalties), but it wasn't enough to beat a QB like Luck.

The Titans' O-line didn't really help making Mariota comfortable either and allowing the push in the final drive was awful.

The Titans D-line was stymied by the Colts O-line all day.  I said earlier in this thread that we lose if Luck is only sacked twice or less and that pretty much happened.  Brian Orakpo's name was barely called all day. With Luck upright, he could carve our secondary up and speaking of which...

None of our secondary could defend TY Hilton.  And former Titan Doyle got the best of us too, especially in the last Colts TD drive.

Special teams again killed us (something else i mentioned).  A botched extra point loomed large at game's end.  And Indy's surprise onside kick was muffed by our guys which resulted in three points.  So the tally for points given up by the special teams for the last three weeks: 10, 3 and 4.

Poor execution in all three phases of the game.  Hopefully our fans won't completely give up on the team after getting our hopes up.  We play JAX on Thursday so we can't dwell on the loss.

See you guys in Indy.

I just think you guys are an average to bad team still. Our teams are on the same level so I wasn't trying to be argumentativeo or anything.

Just two ok teams playing each other.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:42 AM, IndyTrav said:

24-17 Tenn

I see Tenn just dominating the time of possession with the run game. Mariotta picking up key 3rd downs with his legs, and a sneaky good Tenn Def keeping our big plays to a minimum. 

Mariota 16/22 220yds 40rush yards 

Murray 22/112/2.....Henry 13/80/1 

Luck 26/33 280/2

Gore 16/66 

TY 4/60

Doyle 5/60/2 

Whiffed on that one. Got close with Gore 17/61

2 hours ago, IinD said:

I just think you guys are an average to bad team still. Our teams are on the same level so I wasn't trying to be argumentativeo or anything.

Just two ok teams playing each other.

Agreed, but not as bad as last two years.  We need another couple of draft classes.

Thanks for your hospitality on this board.