Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos on Osweiler. "We Just Want To Kill Him"

krunk

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Some players need to put some emotional heart felt garbage into their comments about why they went where they did.

They never just flat out say, I went to team x because they offered me more money.

That's because it's not about the money, right? haha

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Some players need to put some emotional heart felt garbage into their comments about why they went where they did.

They never just flat out say, I went to team x because they offered me more money.

Well, yeah. We mere mortals have to do the same thing when switching to a different job. You (normally) can't just walk into the interview room and say, "I want this job because I want more money!" 

Even if it is the main reason. You got to sugarcoat it, and come up with some B.S. about better opportunities (more money) and a chance at growth (also more money). You gotta play the game!

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Well, yeah. We mere mortals have to do the same thing when switching to a different job. You (normally) can't just walk into the interview room and say, "I want this job because I want more money!" 

Even if it is the main reason. You got to sugarcoat it, and come up with some B.S. about better opportunities (more money) and a chance at growth (also more money). You gotta play the game!

This is true. Most interviewers will ask why you want this job and like your said your not going to answer for the money. The next question would be is that the only reason?

Play the game is a very good description.

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Brock believes he has a better chance to get to the Super Bowl with Houston than he would have with Denver..

He didn't like how he was 'treated' and he got a bigger cash offer..

....I doubt he would regret his decision even if the Texans font make the playoffs

His statement of how he was treated might have some truth in it?

I don't know how much of it is true but there are rumors of Elway can be lets say a little hard to get along with for nicer words?

On 10/20/2016 at 8:52 AM, RollerColt said:

Also he was offered gazillions of dollars. Not simply more money, or 10 million more than so many millions he was already making...he was offered more money than all of us combined will ever see! 

On 10/21/2016 at 1:56 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I don't know how much of it is true but there are rumors of Elway can be lets say a little hard to get along with for nicer words?

Also consider that in the game he was benched, he wasn't really responsible for 4 of the 5 turnovers that had Denver struggling and leading by 1 point on his final play for Denver. I don't think for one second that Brock could have played as well as Peyton did vs Pittsburgh and NE with the stakes so high but I can understand why he would want to leave if the money was comparable (or higher!). Also, Denver fans are brutal and would turn on him much faster than Houston fans have. In saying that, I expect Denver to completely embarrass him on Monday. 

4 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Also consider that in the game he was benched, he wasn't really responsible for 4 of the 5 turnovers that had Denver struggling and leading by 1 point on his final play for Denver. I don't think for one second that Brock could have played as well as Peyton did vs Pittsburgh and NE with the stakes so high but I can understand why he would want to leave if the money was comparable (or higher!). Also, Denver fans are brutal and would turn on him much faster than Houston fans have. In saying that, I expect Denver to completely embarrass him on Monday. 

I agree. Remember when there and more than likely still are Denver fans who wanted Tebow over Manning.

If I was on the Broncos squad, I'd wanna beat him like 35-7 just because he failed to go to the White House after they won the SB & he made up a lame excuse as to why he decided not to come to the ring presentation ceremony. SMH. 

Brock, come on man, you honor the men on the Broncos you won a Lombardi trophy with. Not say I'm a Texan now so I can't go. Shut up. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

dont know why the broncos are upset. brock had every right to be POed. he got benched for no reason. no offense to peyton, but he was a liability in that playoff run especially in the super bowl 

did you see Brock in the week 17 game against San Diego...?

...if they hadn't benched him they'd have been the 5th seed and out in the first round

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

did you see Brock in the week 17 game against San Diego...?

...if they hadn't benched him they'd have been the 5th seed and out in the first round

did you see peyton vs the chiefs? one bad game doesnt deter his other 5 good ones. he played great vs the steelers and patriots

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Elway is a hard guy to deal with ...that seems certain..

.......but I dont think Brock has a better chance to go tot eh Super Bowl with Houston than he would have had with Denver..

..and I dont think he believes that.....he's saying it for the benefit of this new teammates and bosses.

In card-playing terms..Brock may have overplayed his hand...

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Elway is a hard guy to deal with ...that seems certain..

.......but I dont think Brock has a better chance to go tot eh Super Bowl with Houston than he would have had with Denver..

..and I dont think he believes that.....he's saying it for the benefit of this new teammates and bosses.

In card-playing terms..Brock may have overplayed his hand...

I think common sense will say that Brock took the money. I really cant blame him because it sets him and his family up for the rest of his life all with a signature.

Winning a super bowl is a tough thing but taking the money is not as hard. I think all NFL players want a ring but getting paid seems to be more important for some. They may not come out and say it but we are not blind either.

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

did you see peyton vs the chiefs? one bad game doesnt deter his other 5 good ones. he played great vs the steelers and patriots

This and that is including the 8 dropped passes vs the Steelers. He only struggled against NE in the 2nd half when the OL fell apart (as they did in the Superbowl). Sorry but they probably lose to the Steelers with Brock out there and get blown out vs NE.