Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney Traded?

Here is my draft with a possible Freeney trade. (Not because he isnt wanted, but because we need to get younger and create more cap room. Plus even without Freeney, we still have Mathis, Wheeler, and Hughes who should all be able to get to the QB as OLBs under Pagano.)

I also have the Colts signing FA Guard Carl Nicks to fortify this OL allowing us to be able to run the ball much more effectively.

-Indy trades Dwight Freeney to Atlanta for their 2012 2nd and 2013 1st. His deal is reworked before the trade so that Atlanta is not forced to eat 19 million dollars on their cap. Atlanta is the perfect fit for Freeney as they are primed to win now and need to add another defensive playmaker.

1st- QB Andrew Luck (Peyton is gone, Luck is the new starter and will be our next franchise QB for many years. I like what Luck brings to the table. Is kinda a more athletic Peyton with a stronger arm.)

2nd- WR Mohamed Sanu (I think we have a better shot at getting a WR that drops than a top NT like Poe since he will probably be gone around the middle of the 1st. But if Poe drops to the late 1st I would be fine trading up a little to get him. But Sanu is a great pick and gives us a good WR core with Sanu, Collie, and Garcon. Luck needs good weapons to be successful.)

2nd(via trade)- CB/KR Jayron Hosley (Gives us a good CB for Pagano to work with and will be the starter opposite Powers.)

3rd- NT Brandon Thompson (Falls a bit due to his injury issue but should be ready to go by start of 2012 and is a good value here. Still may not be our dominant NT of the future, but is still much better than what we have at NT.)

4th- DE Cam Johnson (Gives us another DE/OLB in case Hughes doesnt pan out after working with Pagano. If Hughes does pan out, we have Mathis, Hughes, Wheeler, and now Johnson who can get to the QB.)

4th(comp for Session)- S Tavon Wilson (An underrated safety who could man the SS position under the guidance of Pagano.)

5th- TE Ladarius Green (An under the radar TE who is very raw but is 6-6 245 pounds and has great potential as a pass catching TE.)

Rest of draft BPA

-Indy trades Dwight Freeney to Atlanta for their 2012 2nd and 2013 1st. His deal is reworked before the trade so that Atlanta is not forced to eat 19 million dollars on their cap. Atlanta is the perfect fit for Freeney as they are primed to win now and need to add another defensive playmaker.

Atlanta wouldn't be faced with that.

We would take a cap hit of 5 million, and Atlanta would have his services for a 1 year 14 million dollar cap hit. Any restructuring to be done would need to happen after the trade or our cap hit would be higher. They could then convert the all of or a portion of 14 million into a signing bonus over 3-4 years to lower his cap hit for them.

Ummm I seem to remember Richard Seymour getting traded for an early 1st round pick from the Raiders in the final year of his contract when he was 30 years old. It can happen people.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4450767

The number of ways this idea will not happen is staggering. First and foremost, do yourself a favor and look up Atlanta's picks in the 2012 draft. You might be interested in what is missing.

The number of ways this idea will not happen is staggering. First and foremost, do yourself a favor and look up Atlanta's picks in the 2012 draft. You might be interested in what is missing.

He did say Atlanta's 2nd in 2012 and 2013 1st.

It's steep, and I doubt we get that much, but Atlanta does have those picks.

I just do not see Freeney fitting into the new 34 D. He is too small to be a 34 Defensive lineman and I think he lacks the mobility to be an outside linebacker. you look at the steelers defensive line their ends are tall both at 6-5 and their nose is 6-1 325.

I agree with you on this. To me, I see Freeney as only being able to rush the passer as a OLB, nothing more. I dont think he has the lateral agility to cover effectively. If he proves me wrong, great though.

I would disagree. Luck is going to improve just like manning did. People said manning didn't have the strong arm and leaf did look how that turned out.

You always disagree with anything that has to do with manning being better than luck. It seems to me like you just picked the team with the number one draft pick and decided to be a fan of them since the would get luck. Of course theres always qbs with stronger arms than another. Leaf was a gifted athlete that was a bonehead. But peyton does have a stronger arm. Maybe not at the moment but peyton has had one of the most accurate deep balls his whole career. Luck hasnt taken one snap as a pro yet and everyone has already labeled him as the prodigy. Im sick of it

You always disagree with anything that has to do with manning being better than luck. It seems to me like you just picked the team with the number one draft pick and decided to be a fan of them since the would get luck. Of course theres always qbs with stronger arms than another. Leaf was a gifted athlete that was a bonehead. But peyton does have a stronger arm. Maybe not at the moment but peyton has had one of the most accurate deep balls his whole career. Luck hasnt taken one snap as a pro yet and everyone has already labeled him as the prodigy. Im sick of it

Not only that, but Luck doesn't have Peyton's brain (the best in history), understanding of the defenses, or pocket presence. In the NFL, everything is much faster, and a guy who has mobility may sometimes be too reliant upon it. That's a good way to become mediocre in a hurry.

LOL!!!!!!!! +11111111111111

Maybe you should read the movk draft he put. The luck pick he says luck is a more athletic peyton with a stronger arm. He may be more athletic. But he does not have a stronger arm

I know I do a lot of mocks, all my if you were the gm threads, but he does a mock a day, new mock post Caldwell firing, new mock post Pagano hiring, all have manning out of the picture, and him now suggesting to draft players that I like months ago I.e. Leonard johnson and dontari Poe, which he and others laughed at, and now love these players.

I know I do a lot of mocks, all my if you were the gm threads, but he does a mock a day, new mock post Caldwell firing, new mock post Pagano hiring, all have manning out of the picture, and him now suggesting to draft players that I like months ago I.e. Leonard johnson and dontari Poe, which he and others laughed at, and now love these players.

I've always been a fan of Poe's so you didnt start that my friend. And i average a mock draft once every 2 weeks or so. Hardly every day.