Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to get rid of LUCK

bluxco

13 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah, because it was Luck's fault that he got them the "winning" points only to watch the defense vomit on the field and lose the games vs. Detroit, Jax, and now Houston.  Win those 3 games, as they SHOULD have if the D could have just held on, and this team is 5-1 and things are a mighty bit chipper around here.  But why let facts get in the way of a good old-fashioned "pitchforks and torches" mob?  BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!  HE'S A WITCH!

pitchfork-torch-mob.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not sure if serious. Luck is on pace for his second best season as a Colt. What more can he do? The team around him needs to get better.

True, but I'm not excusing Luck of all the Colt's issues. When the game is on line he usually rises to the occasion but last Sunday's game he missed a few throws. It happens.

I always wonder if posters like the OP even think things out before they post stuff like this. I imagine he is not a fan of Grigson either so lets assume that we do trade Luck and get a kings ransom for him.

Do you really have faith that Grigson, who has whiffed on guys like Richardson, Werner, and potentially Dorsettt, can nail all of those picks to be worth giving up your franchise QB?

If you trade Luck you are firing Pagano and Grigson as well as there is no way you can say this team is where it is just solely on Luck.  So now you have no franchise QB, no coach, nor a GM.  That is just way to much to have to deal with in two offseasons.  

Yes, Luck is making some bad decisions out there, but when you are in a position that you have to make a play and score every drive it is bound to happen.  This team is in the same position as Manning's team.  It all depends on Luck to make up for the impotence of the rest of the team.  He struggles and it is over.  So of course he is going to force things and take chances because he knows he has to.  His defense gives up 14 points in 3 minutes.  

Luck is the least of our worries.  How about we solidify our OL and a get something that resembles a profesional defense before we look at Luck?

On 10/17/2016 at 11:11 AM, bluxco said:

LUCKS continuos mistakes in big moments kills COLTS---his interception in first half gave TEXANS momentum and his ground ball to T.Y. was another choke job.Tired of watching and listening to his dumb post game speeches

Yeah trade him to the Browns for RG3 he has cool socks & no speechs ..:Cry:

Well....   we're now at post 134 and as best I can tell,  exactly ONE POSTER has agreed with the original posters view.

And that other poster does it because he wants all those high draft picks.       That's it  --- one poster joins in.

Everyone else thinks the OP has taken a very, very long walk off a very, very short pier.

Well....     this is as close to animus as I can recall.     About 130 posts on one side of the an issue.     And the rest are from the OP and his one supporter.

Nice!      :thmup:

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   we're now at post 134 and as best I can tell,  exactly ONE POSTER has agreed with the original posters view.

And that other poster does it because he wants all those high draft picks.       That's it  --- one poster joins in.

Everyone else thinks the OP has taken a very, very long walk off a very, very short pier.

Well....     this is as close to animus as I can recall.     About 130 posts on one side of the an issue.     And the rest are from the OP and his one supporter.

Nice!      :thmup:

It's because like I stated days ago this Thread is dumb and makes no sense. lmao 

On 10/18/2016 at 1:30 AM, crazycolt1 said:

He has surpassed what Manning has done in his first 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, Luck is very good, and to trade him would be asinine, but today's NFL is wayyyyy more of a passing league than in Manning's first 5 years.  People tend to forget that.  

ANYONE who thinks this seasons losses has anything to do with luck just doesn't know football. Luck literally has to play a perfect game for us to win. He doesn't have the luxury of a defense or run game to bail him out.  Yesterday he was throwing to TY, Doyle and some practice squad players and looked great against a good defense. Everyone praises Brady for how good he makes bad WR look good. Every QB will be off a couple throws a game and Luck is no different but the amount of pressure we put on him to carry this team is crazy. 

We we saw what happens when someone other than Luck is under center for this team and it wasn't fun. Irsay is crazy when he says we could be 7-0 but I really think we should be 6-1 and the reason we didn't win those close games isn't on Luck. It's on this defense and sketchy play calling/game planning. 

Luck is playing at an MVP level and people like Dakich who want to criticize every little mistake he makes are just looking for reasons to blame Luck and if you know football just a little bit you should see that Luck is the only thing keeping this team afloat. 

9 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

Don't get me wrong, Luck is very good, and to trade him would be asinine, but today's NFL is wayyyyy more of a passing league than in Manning's first 5 years.  People tend to forget that.  

While true, it's not like this a new thing to the sport. Sports and how they are played evolve and so comparing stats across eras can be misleading. But... you either accept it and don't pick and choose when you raise objections or we might as well throw all the stat records out right now. 

If we extended you're argument we could keep going all day back through the eras saying that a Marino had it easy compared to say a Graham etc etc. That's before we even get into the arguments about the supporting casts. 

They're factors certainly but very hard to quantify. So we're back to what any player evaluation is.. opinion. 

15 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm not as sure it's as clear cut as you make out. The stats are fairly neck and neck: 

LuckManning 1st 4.jpg

So does Luck have a Marshall Faulk or an Edgerrin James type of running game to make his job easier?

Does Luck have a defense that gets the ball back for him like Manning?  (Freeney comes to mind)

Did Luck have Marvin Harrison in his prime? No, he had a Reggie Wayne in the twilight of his career. 

Luck has done more with less than Manning in his first 5 years.

Luck is fine, and even on his off-day, is not THE biggest problem in Indy.  Far and away.  And even when he has games like yesterday, or Detroit, it is still not a given that the Colts will win.  This tells you all you need to know about the dearth of talent around him.  Any other QB in the league, save maybe the Brown's QB's, has a day like that and they win by double digits with ease.  Not with the Colts (or Browns).  It still took a surprising play by the defense to seal it at the end.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So does Luck have a Marshall Faulk or an Edgerrin James type of running game to make his job easier?

Luck has done more with less than Manning in his first 5 years.

Nope, I agree that Luck has never had a decent running game. But the rushing attack during Manning's first 4 years might not have been quite as good as you'd think but it was probably just about top 10 in the time frame:

Rushing.png

Does Luck have a defense that gets the ball back for him like Manning?  (Freeney comes to mind)

Freeney wasn't here in the 1st 4 years of Manning and the defenses are very close in terms of how well they performed:

Defense Comp.jpg

We can see that Luck's D has actually got him the ball back slightly more times than Manning's (92 vs 89) and across the stats board they very similar. 

Did Luck have Marvin Harrison in his prime? No, he had a Reggie Wayne in the twilight of his career. 

Very true that Peyton was blessed with one of the best WRs to play the game, but I think one thing that the FO can't be accused of is not trying to give him weapons. So although Marvin has wayyyy more receptions over that 4 year period than anyone Luck has thrown to, behind him there wasn't as much talent IMO. Look then at outside of TY Hilton some of the receiver numbers during Luck's tenure:

Recpetions.png 

I'd give the edge as you say to Harrison though. 

This is before we get into the "the league was a different" animal when Manning came into it etc etc. 

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it's not as clear cut as you make it. My own personal feeling is that Luck is the better building block and has so far had a trajectory very similar to Manning over 4 years. They both have/had different pros and cons and mainly I just feel happy as a Colts fan to have had both wear the Shoe. 

19 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You're right but give Luck an extra 9 games too and I bet his numbers are better across the board.  He's asked to do more than Manning during this certain time frame. 

The injury to Luck in 2015 really derailed things for this team, say this for Manning too, he was durable until "that" hit.