LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Texans Sunday Night Football Game Thread

1,303 posts in this topic

Going to be a tough game IF Brock can start connecting on throws. If he doesn't it won't be too bad for us.

We didn't capitalize, and the defense actually showed up to start the game. Good god our team can't ever get in sync can it...

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Houston is the No,1 rated pass defense?  It must be because of who they played

I was surprised too, but as you said, they've played some pretty weak QBs

1 person likes this

Anyone else surfing between the Colts/Cubs games? Oh what a night, and I'm at work lol 

Just now, Jules said:

We are going to get good field position again..........

This could turn out to be an ugly game

Just now, Jules said:

Holy crap, is Brock on drugs?

He's terrible so far..

We might not tackle to well tonight because we've got one guy with a bowling ball on his hand

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hoyer is literally a better quarterback than Osweieler. There, I said it 

That would be a hard sell in Chicago right now

1 person likes this

Few things would make me happier than seeing one of our linemen just pummel Brian Cushing a few times

1 person likes this

Turbin is more than capable in the passing game and the play isn't telegraphed like when Ferguson is in there

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I know we had a freak show at the combine, but you guys also need to realize that his size is going to be an obstacle for him playing CB.   Bigger CBs are hard to come by. So far the most successful "big" CB is Sherman at 6'3" but he also plays in a zone scheme that masks his flaws, and self admittedly doesn't guard small receivers well. The next best is Trumaine Johnson but he's not exactly a shutdown CB.   If Green was 6'1" I'd see it but at 6'3" in a press man scheme, the chances are very low he'll be good at CB. He'll have the same flaws the Sherman has and then some because he's just not as talented as Sherman. Plus a safety-to-CB move is much harder than the reverse. I can't really think of a recent player who has made that switch and been successful. That's not to say that means if X player was a bad safety but played well when he moved to CB,then Green can do it. Then I'd be a hypocrite. What I'm saying is there isn't even a trend of data to follow to make some sort of accurate assertion of why this could work.   He's a bigger guy, he wasn't good at safety, didn't have good college tape, struggles in coverage, making a rare change, and is on his 3rd position change in 4 years. There's like zero logical reason to think this even MIGHT work.     *
    • I personally think he will probably be cut next year or the following..  Unless he some how becomes good..  I really hope he becomes a great player for us. Hope he learns a lot more in the next few weeks and can start and help out or defense! 
    •   Yeah I never understood the whole "I hope this 2nd round pick ends up being a bust so I can say I told ya so" stance that some Colts fans have. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    • JMV referenced Kevin again today and mentioned something quickly about posting a depth chart (also mentioned Akin in regards to the depth chart). I'll have to listen to it tomorrow.
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.