Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

like the obvious 1st.. hate the 2nd pick.. there is alot of talent out there past the first round for WR.. Flenner would be a good pick IF he is around ..

we will need a NT to stop the run... Poe would be first choice, but I think he will probably gone late in the 1st round.. could get chapman from Alabama but he may have knee issues.. TJ Barnes from GT is good.. Need 2ndary help.. I was hoping for Webb from ravens, but I heard he was RFA.. there is talent in the 2ndary in this draft ,... IF PM is back my second pick would be an OG or RT.. are right side has big leaks... still need one if PM is not back, but don't think we need to do it as 2nd pick..can't wait to see Grigson do his magic in this years draft..

Here's the problem there isn't any receiver available in the 2nd round plus it would be a low 1st round pick next year assuming we are back to normal

I would address the d and o line in fa

The trade is something I'm hoping for not nessisarily possible I wouldn't mind fleener or Jenkins or and wr that falls

The big thing is im not expecting this I just kinda want it

I think this is more realistic

1luck

2jenkins/wr that falls/fleener

3 cb/ol/dt

Rest same

I like your draft better but I would tweak it a little to this...

1st- Luck

2nd- Janoris Jenkins/Dontari Poe/WR that falls

3rd- Kevin Zeitler/Casey Hayward/Josh Chapman

4th- Leanord Johnson

I like your draft better but I would tweak it a little to this...

1st- Luck

2nd- Janoris Jenkins/Dontari Poe/WR that falls

3rd- Kevin Zeitler/Casey Hayward/Josh Chapman

4th- Leanord Johnson

Pretty good looking. Of the guys you have "slashed," who among them would be your lead choice if you had to choose one?

1. Luck

2. Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin

2.Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

Trade Up Rds 3 & 4

5. Sean Cattouse, SS, California

6.Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas

7.Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly

FA

Brent Grimes cb, Brandon McKinney dt, Dan Koppen c

Quick is very raw, size and ability is there, but we would really need a reciever that is more polished. I would shoot more for Marvin McNutt or Criner in the 4th, then use the 3rd on George Iloka or Harrison Smith for Safety, that is if they are still there.

I like the FA pickups, they would be good additions. I would prefer a bigger splash at CB over Grimes though

Well, you could, just to see how Cattouse gets along with Luck on the same team. :hmm:

Do you know if there are any other players from Stanford that would be suitable on the Colts? Perhaps if there is another player from Stanford (only if it's a needed position) it might be good for chemistry. Also, if Luck has so sit behind Manning for X amount of time it couldn't hurt to have one of his fellow Stanford teammates around, might help ease some of his anxiety about not starting.

Do you know if there are any other players from Stanford that would be suitable on the Colts? Perhaps if there is another player from Stanford (only if it's a needed position) it might be good for chemistry. Also, if Luck has so sit behind Manning for X amount of time it couldn't hurt to have one of his fellow Stanford teammates around, might help ease some of his anxiety about not starting.

Yes, David DeCastro (OG) is currently projected to go #15 overall (Scouts Inc.) in this year's draft

Johnathan Martin (LT) is currently projected to go #11 overall in this year's draft

Coby Fleener (TE) is currently projected to go #24 overall in this year's draft

With Andrew Luck, that's 4 in the first round.

You already know about Luck.

DeCastro is the #1 rated OG in the draft. He is great in both the run and pass. He is very adept at pulling.

Fleener is deceptively fast, and rated either #2 or #3 TE in this year's draft. He is faster than most of the Stanford WRs, while being 6'6", 245 lbs. and is a favorite Luck target.

Martin is very athletic and protects Luck's blind side, and is rated the #2 LT in this year's draft.

Yes, David DeCastro (OG) is currently projected to go #15 overall (Scouts Inc.) in this year's draft

Johnathan Martin (LT) is currently projected to go #11 overall in this year's draft

DeCastro is the #1 rated OG in the draft. He is great in both the run and pass. He is very adept at pulling.

Fleener is deceptively fast, and rated either #2 or #3 TE in this year's draft. He is faster than most of the Stanford WRs, while being 6'6", 245 lbs. and is a favorite Luck target.

Martin is very athletic and protects Luck's blind side, and is rated the #2 LT in this year's draft.

Ah, I see. I didn't know if there where any players that could possibly drafted in the later rounds from Stanford.

Ah, I see. I didn't know if there where any players that could possibly drafted in the later rounds from Stanford.

LOL, it's really weird, but this year, Stanford has 4 in the 1st round, and no one else until UDFA. I did not think the Colts would be interested in them. But in case they may be, here are the projected non-1st round Stanford prospects:

Delano Howell (S) UDFA

Max Bergen (ILB) UDFA

Johnson Bademosi (S/CB) UDFA

Matt Masifilo (DE) UDFA

Michael Thomas (S) UDFA

was watching part of the senior bowl stuff on NFL Network, and Mike Mayock now has Riley Rieff rated as the #1 LT and Matt Kalil as the #2 LT and Martin at #3 LT, for what its worth....

He also has Alshon Jeffery dropped down to either #4 or #5 WR now

was watching part of the senior bowl stuff on NFL Network, and Mike Mayock now has Riley Rieff rated as the #1 LT and Matt Kalil as the #2 LT and Martin at #3 LT, for what its worth....

He also has Alshon Jeffery dropped down to either #4 or #5 WR now

I was quoting McShay from Scouts Inc. He rates the LT as Kalil #1, Martin #2, and Reiff #3.

I am not surprised at the downgrading of Alshon Jeffery. I see WRs as: Blackmon #1; Floyd #2; K. Wright #3; Jefferey #4; Sanu #5.

I was quoting McShay from Scouts Inc. He rates the LT as Kalil #1, Martin #2, and Reiff #3.

I am not surprised at the downgrading of Alshon Jeffery. I see WRs as: Blackmon #1; Floyd #2; K. Wright #3; Jefferey #4; Sanu #5.

i think Mayock had the WRs the same, with Sanu and Jeffery flip flopped in order...and while a lot of people scream that we dont need a WR that we need someone on D, i think that if we could get Sanu or Jeffery in the 2nd round, we should take 'em...with Wayne likely gone, we could use another WR to put with Garcon (if we resign him) and Collie

i think Mayock had the WRs the same, with Sanu and Jeffery flip flopped in order...and while a lot of people scream that we dont need a WR that we need someone on D, i think that if we could get Sanu or Jeffery in the 2nd round, we should take 'em...with Wayne likely gone, we could use another WR to put with Garcon (if we resign him) and Collie

I prefer Sanu to Jefferey, mainly because of this:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/2/2677318/alshon-jeffery-ejected-fight-video-alfonzo-dennard

Just think.....you're in a bowl game, representing your team as a leader, and touted by the media as an offensive beast. Then you get into a fight in-game with the corner covering you, so that you are ejected. Not smart.

I prefer Sanu to Jefferey, mainly because of this:

http://www.sbnation....alfonzo-dennard

Just think.....you're in a bowl game, representing your team as a leader, and touted by the media as an offensive beast. Then you get into a fight in-game with the corner covering you, so that you are ejected. Not smart.

yeah, i agree...and i dont remember where i read it, but i remember reading where "insiders" claim that Jeffery tends to be on the lazy side, too...which is a shame with the size/talent that he has...

on another note, i remember earlier in the year, Brandon Thompson was projected in the 1st round...and now (for whatever reason) i am seeing some mocks that have him falling to the mid/late 2nd or even top of the 3rd round....if we could get Luck #1, Sanu #2 and Thompson #3, that would be a really good start! as much help as we need at CB and OG i would prefer to sign a vet (young one) free agent if we work out our salary cap situation to be able to afford 'em...they would make a much more immediate impact than most rookies could