Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Bears Game Day Thread

Hi, Colts Nation!  :)   Our are back in Downtown Indianapolis, as the Chicago Bears come down Interstate 65, to play the Chicago Bears in the second and final regular season home game with an NFC North opponent.   Brian Hoyer is starting for Chicago in place of injured starting QB Jay Cutler.  Colts today have an opportunity and will attempt to win a regular season game in their fourth attempt this afternonn, since arriving from Indianapolis 33 years ago.

Colts and Bears are one of eleven NFL teams with 1-3 records  (49ers are 1-4 after their Thursday Night loss to the Arizona Cardinals),  in this afternoon's 43rd all-time regular season meeting, including Super Bowl XLI.

Besides Super Bowl XLI, our Colts seek to win their first regular season game over the Bears since 2004, and also their first ever, regular season home game in Indianapolis, since defeating the Bears 22-19 in overtime, during the Colts last complete season played at Baltimore. 

Colts kicker Raul Allegre kicked three field goals from 37 and 47 yards in regulation, along with a PAT, and the game winner in OT to help Colts defeat the Bears in their last home win, and played at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium, back on September 1983. Randy Mc Millan also scored a 1-yard TD run, and Colts QB Mike Pagel also threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Bernard Henry to complete the game scoring.

Colts and Bears today are also in their Super Bowl XLI rematch, which the Colts prevailed and won 29-17 on a rainy Dolphin Stadium back  on February 4, 2007.   Peyton Manning was the Super Bowl MVP after completing  25 of his 38 passes for 247 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT.

Chicago however defeated Indianapolis in the two regular season meetings, inthe first and opening week, in consecutive regular season meetings since Super Bowl XLI, with a combined score of 70-34. Bears spoiled the Colts first regular season game at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building), by the score of 29-13, back on September 7, 2008., after the Colts played the previous season at the RCA Dome  in Downtown Indianapolis.

Bears defeated the Colts again, this time up north at Soldier Field by the score of 41-21, back on September 9, 2012.  Colts QB Andrew Luck completed 23 of his 45 passes for 309 yard with 1 touchdowns, but he had 4 interceptions in his first regular season game in the NFL as a pro player. 

Last Colts regular season win  prior to Super Bowl XLI, was a 41-10 rout at Soldier Field back on November 21, 2004.

Colts amazingly  have yet to win a regular season game at Indianapolis since arriving from Baltimore back in 1983.  In eight meetings, Colts won only two games, a regular season game at Soldier Field in Chicago back on November 21, 2004, and Super Bowl XLI.  Also the Colts played five of those games on the road, both in Chicago and Miami. Two games were played in the Hoosier Dome back in 1998 and 1991, and the inaugural game at LOS back in 2008.

Colts though still lead the all-time regular season series with 23 wins and 19 losses, a series that began when the Baltimore Colts swept the Chicago Bears in their first year in the NFL back in 1953.  Colts defeated the Bears 13-9 at Memorial Stadium on September 27,  and later winning again 16-14 at Wrigley Field back on October 11, 1953.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Erin Andrews for The NFL On FOX's primary single header game, seen regionally, including locally, on WXIN FOX Channel 59, live on HD.  

Bob Lamey and Jim Sorgi are also announcing the live game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Matt Taylor. on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK The Hank Country 97.1FM, and  The Colts Radio Network

Lucas Oil Stadium's roof might be open for Sunday Afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern standard Time kickoff, because sunny and clear skies is forecast, along with 0% precipitation, 48% humidity, and southeast winds at 3 miles per hour.

Bears are wearing their navy blue helmets and pants, and white jerseys, while the Colts wear theirtraditional home white helmets and pants with blue trim, and blue jerseys with white trim.

Both the Colts and Bears, and all NFL teams throughout the month of October, are also wearing authentic pink colored authentic apparel throughout the month of October, to support the NFL's 'A Crucial Campaign,' of Breasr Cancer Awareness Month.

NO injuries to both the Colts and Bears, try to win your first ever regular season game after 33 season in front of your fans at LOS, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :cheer:    :coltslogo:     :1colts:  :colts:    :coltshelmet:   :coltslogo:    :cheer:  :rock:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular5

http://506sports.com/

http://www.nfl.com/pink

Thanks LOS :)  I'm hoping we start out fast and not let our foot off the gas.  We need this win and that's what I'm hoping for.

GOOOOO Colts !!!

I might be late but i just noticed that Luck is the most hurried and sacked QB in the league and is on pace for a 60 sack season...:(

Evening all, I need the Colts to cheer me up after the embarrassment of hobbling out a road race earlier. 

Is this a title match for current worst team? Winner plays the 49ers? :P