Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barry Krausse just said on 1070

LJpalmbeacher2

Too bad he's constantly hearing Irsay whisper in his ear "don't run the ball".  Bortles sure wasn't worried about it.  I know he needs to protect his body, but being a dual threat is what made Luck special.  He just needs to slide more.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

that he would like to see Luck make changes at line. Like when it looks like a blitz is coming make adjustments accordingly.

He said it seems like whatever play is called in, Luck just goes with it.

I was thinking the same thing.  It seams like he is hardly ever changing the play once he gets it.  He used to.  Now hardly ever.  Maybe with all the newbies on the line?

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we should let Luck call his plays when needed just like Peyton so I agree with Barry. We are great in the hurry up.

I was thinking the same thing at work today after I seen the box score, Let's just play the whole game like it was the 4th Q.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It seams like he is hardly ever changing the play once he gets it.  He used to.  Now hardly ever.  Maybe with all the newbies on the line?

I have to think that is it. Why in the world would he be doing less audibling ( is that a word?) at this point in his career then he used to.  It has to be that those rookie lineman, some in totally new positions were not ready for that. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't know. It's very possible he's having a difficult time reading the D at the LOS so he doesn't know if he should change the play or not or what play to change it to?

Or maybe he feels if he changes the play he is Disrespecting chud's  playcalling. I would rather hope it's the later But fear it is the former.

Hopefully it is because he is not allowed to and the next regime will correct that.

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

Another problem with Luck is he's too nice.  There's no mean streak from what I see.  He doesn't want to be above the team.  Manning would not allow Pagano and Grisgson to destroy his career

I agree. It's like his mindset is it's more important to make friends than win championships.

35 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don't know. It's very possible he's having a difficult time reading the D at the LOS so he doesn't know if he should change the play or not or what play to change it to?

Or maybe he feels if he changes the play he is Disrespecting chud's  playcalling. I would rather hope it's the later But fear it is the former.

Hopefully it is because he is not allowed to and the next regime will correct that.

Unless I am looking back with rose colored glasses, I was fairly successful changing plays at the line a couple years ago. I think it's odd that that wouldn't be one of his strong points by now.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

that he would like to see Luck make changes at line. Like when it looks like a blitz is coming make adjustments accordingly.

I was talking about that earlier and got my butt handed to me for stating that

17 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

irsay sucks grigson sucks pagano sucks chuzinski sucks monachino sucks luck sucks castonzo sucks hilton sucks kelly sucks allen sucks doyle sucks dorsett sucks good sucks mathis sucks davis sucks walden sucks jackson sucks moore sucks macafee sucks vinnatieri sucks overton sucks waterboy sucks 

Interesting and informative contribution. You're a true asset to this forum. 

41 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

irsay sucks grigson sucks pagano sucks chuzinski sucks monachino sucks luck sucks castonzo sucks hilton sucks kelly sucks allen sucks doyle sucks dorsett sucks good sucks mathis sucks davis sucks walden sucks jackson sucks moore sucks macafee sucks vinnatieri sucks overton sucks waterboy sucks 

I agree

40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I had no idea you knew him so well.   Tell us more

Haha. I don't know him. But he's been the most hurried, hit, and sacked qb since coming in the league. I have not seen or heard him get in a linemans  face once for not doing their job. Not once. Maybe behind closed doors I don't know.

If Marino got hit or sacked(which wasn't too often) he would give the meanest stare. If Brady gets harassed Giselle will unleash her wrath before even Brady gets up . A lot of top qb's would & do.

Instead the OLineman gets a pat on the back from Luck  and as he goes off the field because were punting pagano gives him affectionate slap on rear end and tells him good job.

The players don't fear messing up because there is no one driving them to do better.

Not pagano, not Luck, no one that I see.

Theres No Fire in this team.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

He said 'it seems' that way..

Luck does not go to the line with no alternate options...there's no way

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we should let Luck call his plays when needed just like Peyton so I agree with Barry. We are great in the hurry up.

But CBE..understand that you cant run the hurry up all game....you kill your linemen.....

......wear out your defense.......and then you're Chip Kelly

On October 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM, YourNextGM said:

Another problem with Luck is he's too nice.  There's no mean streak from what I see.  He doesn't want to be above the team.  Manning would not allow Pagano and Grisgson to destroy his career

Man you hit it right on the head.  Luck is way too nice.  Luck Is the highest paid QB ever in the NFL.  If you get paid this much you need to take control of your team but do it behind close doors not to the media. Luck needs to threaten Irsay Pagano and Grigson.  Like fire our GM get me the players I need to be able to compete or trade me to a team that's willing to do that.  Luck staying in Indy is what I want but don't want Lucks legacy to be destroyed because of a bad owner a horrible horrible GM and a players coach where players love you but don't want to play for you. 

On 10/2/2016 at 0:16 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

100% agree with this.  I have noticed this for quite some time.  And it is the biggest thing that surprised me coming out of college, because I thought he was the total opposite.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:16 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

Like the Colts offensive coordinator gives Barry Krausse a heads up on the play call. Now Barry knows a lot  more about football than I will ever know. One thing I do know is that Barry can't read minds. Cut me a break.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:38 PM, YourNextGM said:

Agreed.  Manning was a nice guy, just like Luck, but he was never afraid to call people out and put them in their place.  

On 10/2/2016 at 11:24 PM, shakedownstreet said:

You forgot about Blue.....worst mascot in the league.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 6:39 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

Haha. I don't know him. But he's been the most hurried, hit, and sacked qb since coming in the league. I have not seen or heard him get in a linemans  face once for not doing their job. Not once. Maybe behind closed doors I don't know.

If Marino got hit or sacked(which wasn't too often) he would give the meanest stare. If Brady gets harassed Giselle will unleash her wrath before even Brady gets up . A lot of top qb's would & do.

Instead the OLineman gets a pat on the back from Luck  and as he goes off the field because were punting pagano gives him affectionate slap on rear end and tells him good job.

The players don't fear messing up because there is no one driving them to do better.

Not pagano, not Luck, no one that I see.

Theres No Fire in this team.

You ever see Montana or Elway get in somebody's face?  

:edit: No personal shots!

Edited by Nadine
Personal shot