LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Jaguars In London, England, Game Day Thread

1,303 posts in this topic

WOW. Allen SUCKS. Hope everyone loves the experience our rookie OL are getting!

George Costanza with the big bail out there. It's a shame too, because Jacksonville was never going to cross midfield naturally 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Just waiting on someone to say that was Luck's fault. 

Skip Bayless got you covered. 

Luck is going to have to start demanding better play...this nice guy routine ain't getting it done!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Allen's drop was costly, freakin ridiculous. What a lucky INT.

We'd have been out to midfield....

Just now, Track Guy said:

Skip Bayless got you covered. 

Well he did throw it with a d hand up

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

right side of our line got tricked..

All rookies, easy to stunt on.

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Luck is going to have to start demanding better play...this nice guy routine ain't getting it done!

He Honestly just doesn't have it in him. He's a leader by example on the field, but our team just doesn't take the hint. 

1 person likes this

I am in California and just woke up.

It is so unnatural to watch football at 6:30 in the morning, 

2 people like this

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Allen's drop was costly, freakin ridiculous. What a lucky INT.

My yeah it was, he's just not what many of us thought he'd turn out to be.  Still early obviously but he has a lot of work to do.  Then of course after the horrendous drop it gets picked off.

dropped passes, luck pressured and then INT before I've even had my coffee ? only our colts...

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

All rookies, easy to stunt on.

They did not throw the ball.

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

And I wish I saw a coach just chew SOMEONE out.. paganos hand gesture to ferguson on how to have his hands in that scenario to properly catch the ball.. over it.

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah, the slow starts are dreadful. Just makes you wonder what in blue skies are we doing in practice?    Can't rely on Andrew to bring us back every game. Chud is also to blame. He's gotta get better and more creative at play calling    I like Green Bay's play calling how they move everyone around. Dorsett should be our Randall Cobb. Put him in the backfield, in motion for jet sweeps. The kid has speed, use him everywhere until we actually trade him if they still are trying to trade him 
    •   She pushed him and then slapped him across the face.   Maybe you could argue somewhat from a moralistic prospective that his response was excessive.   But again, in this country people don't tend to see it that way if it's a guy vs. a guy even if there is a massive size difference.  If a guy starts something, people will usually cheer if he gets pounded for it.  So arguing that isn't in keeping with how we usually view these things.   Thing is that ultimately she hit him first, he struck back ending her violent attack.  That doesn't make him a monster.  At worst that makes him human.  Quite frankly if you ask me he's a person who was defending himself and his dignity.  Slapping another person across the face is not just a physical attack it's an insult on their dignity.                      
    • I buy his change in attitude, it's refreshing.

But my problems, or I guess my questions, with Pagano are more just about his actual coaching ability. He can change his ways all he wants but we'll see if he's actually able to coach this team up.
    • Part of it is the negative side of a zone blocking scheme.  With zone blocking the line is supposed to flow to the play side so that means a lot of times on even fronts there is a guy unblocked (I don't remember if the D was in an even front or an odd front on this play).  On the play mentioned by the OP (I think it was Turbin on the delay not Mack) without knowing the specifics, that could just as easily be on the QB and not the scheme.  The QB needs to be able to see uncovered defenders, he should have sent the TE in motion to that side.  If there is a defender not covered by the zone, you usually want him near the POA so that player gets caught up in the cluster as the oline flows to the play side.  That is why I think this is on the QB, he has got to know the blocking scheme well enough to identify the player that is not going to get caught up in (we call it the wave but that's because it's easier for 7th graders to understand a wave rather than a moving zone) the wave and adjust the formation accordingly.   It could also be the scheme which, if that's the case, then Philbin needs to be fired immediately.  You cannot develop a blocking scheme that leaves a defender on the LOS unblocked on a delay or misdirection type play, players in the NFL are too fast for that.
    • I'm buying that he is noticeably different in what he says. You can tell in his press conferences that he is vocally expecting more out of players than in previous seasons (atleast publicly). Time will tell if this mantra produces any changes.
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• Redbull

Redbull 4

• OHColtfan

OHColtfan 103

• buccolts

buccolts 2,376

• JRnINDY

JRnINDY 278

• JMichael557

JMichael557 69

• krunk

krunk 7,562

• Yehoodi

Yehoodi 1,013

• twfish

twfish 1,089

• Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt 1,733

• ColtsArmy84

ColtsArmy84 95

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.