Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL ratings have declined each week this year

Happy2BeHere

14 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Supposedly because of the National Anthem protests of players...it's definitely plausible and I think it has contributed to people reducing or stopping altogether watching.

Here's the article: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/28/nfl-ratings-continue-plunge-third-week-national-anthem-protests/

Yup. I personally know people that quit watching because of the protests. I'm not surprised.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I hate the game being used as a political platform & those that do it , IMO its like Hollywood telling me who to vote for I don't care about there damn opinions , The more I hear the less I like them I will not stop watching the games .

IMO there welcome to do whatever before & after the game but to doing it drawing attention to themselves just further divides people which IMO is stupid it was started by a * & now that bandwagon is quickly filling up .

Very well stated. We don't watch football to see political nonsense. We watch football to get away from that stuff.

At some point a saturation threshold is met.  I think we've reached it.

i think the anthem thing has had an effect, but not as big as some think.

I haven't watched as much football (other than Colts) as in the past.  For me, it's more because the product on the field has diminished, imo.  There doesn't seem to be as many blue chip players in drafts.  But mainly, I feel between the rule changes, and commercial breaks, games are less exciting as a whole.

i have Sunday ticket and I only watched the Colt game this week.

i also don't watch as much ESPN and nfl channel, because instead of news it's mainly fantasy football crap.  Fantasy football could also have an effect because fans are less honed in on just one team, their interest is spread out.  I also get turned off by the prima Dona attitudes of some of these guys. Before the Internet, these guys were larger than life.  Now, we know everything about them and it lessens the feeling that they are larger than life.  Kinda like when you move in with a woman who's crap you think doesn't stink.  But after living with them you realize their crap stinks like everyone else's.

i can't believe I'm saying it, but the NFL isn't as bright and shiny (to me) as in the past.  Primarily Over saturation catching up is my guess.

10 hours ago, Gramz said:

It must be because Peyton is no longer playing...

I kid......  or do I..?? :scratch: 

This really does have an effect.  I know quite a few people that started watching football BECAUSE of Peyton.  They aren't watching like they used to.  Look around the league.  There sure seems to be more mediocre players than in the past.

i think practice rules (not being able to hit and less practicing in general) and rule changes in general have made the game less exciting.

I do think that politics has something to do with it. To me, it started when Bob Costas decided to make an anti-gun statement on live TV during a game a couple of years ago. It seems that everything is being politicized and we're constantly being told what we have to accept and tolerate, OR ELSE! Now, it seems the NFL is no different. It's just another platform that a political party and their supporters can use to push their agenda, and it seems to have put many fans off.

8 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

No. Not all of them. And what does it matter? If you slap a man on the wrist for knocking out a woman's tooth, that woman's tooth is still knocked out. Getting raped scars the victim for life. That will never go away. And those dogs are still dead, regardless of how much time the killer spent in prison. But everyone eats their popcorn and cheer these guys on. Then a few guys take a knee for the very real social injustices going on and everyone loses their *. It's beyond ridiculous. 

Those in glass houses should'nt throw stones .

People in general make mistakes period that does'nt mean your cheering them for it ,  Your trying to make this something it is not the taking a knee during the anthem is supposedly started because of social injustice IMO it was started by a washed up player just converted to islam & recently engaged to a BLM advocate until last Dec these feelings were not present & after he started taking a knee he was still looking to explain it in a way that would put him on a pedestal as standing up for his new found position on the contrary IMO like the San Bernardino terrorist  has been influenced by a women who's extreme views he now shares .

So while you enjoy your popcorn remember in life & on the field many make mistakes to error is human to forgive is divine .

Houston Texans are not perfect .

http://nfl-arrests.pointafter.com/d/a/Houston-Texans

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

i also don't watch as much ESPN and nfl channel, because instead of news it's mainly fantasy football crap.  Fantasy football could also have an effect because fans are less honed in on just one team, their interest is spread out.

You do make a valid point about ESPN & NFL Network's emphasis on fantasy football WM. For those who participate in FF leagues great for them. But, there are fans out there who could care less about FF stats & sleeper picks & we just want regular game analysis back on TV instead of an onslaught of Fan Duel ads etc. etc.

Good point about how FF can sever primary team allegiances or at least diminish them in favor of individual player points in a given week across the league. 

1 hour ago, MTC said:

The NFL needs Brady and Manning back.

Brady will be back soon unfortunately.

Manning is still here well Eli Manning. Peyton well there are still his commercials which I actually find more entertaining than some of the actual games which is even sadder.

57 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Those in glass houses should'nt throw stones .

People in general make mistakes period that does'nt mean your cheering them for it ,  Your trying to make this something it is not the taking a knee during the anthem is supposedly started because of social injustice IMO it was started by a washed up player just converted to islam & recently engaged to a BLM advocate until last Dec these feelings were not present & after he started taking a knee he was still looking to explain it in a way that would put him on a pedestal as standing up for his new found position on the contrary IMO like the San Bernardino terrorist  has been influenced by a women who's extreme views he now shares .

So while you enjoy your popcorn remember in life & on the field many make mistakes to error is human to forgive is divine .

Houston Texans are not perfect .

http://nfl-arrests.pointafter.com/d/a/Houston-Texans

I never said that any team is perfect. How am I throwing stones? I'm just pointing out how silly the notion is for someone to get angry about the anthem but not about things that, you know, actually affect other people and matter. The majority of people at home watching the game are sitting on their behinds during the anthem. Karpernick may have started it but players from elementary to other NFL teams are doing it for a reason, and it isn't just bc they like Kaep. 

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the national anthem protests. That in general, is one of many examples of the NFL politicizing itself into a form of nationalism. We should just have football games, and not have to constantly see the military and all this other super patriotic stuff that is just there. If you want politics, go to a political subject where it's the major focus. It shouldn't be intertwined into everything in American culture. The players protesting are doing it for a reason and they have every right to make that protest. 

Blaming it on the protests is a complete scapegoat and a cop out. There are many fans out there, myself included who roll our eyes at all the excessive flag waving stuff. 

The rating decline is due to several reasons:

Concussion/brain injury risk - This is going to take a major toll on football in years to come and is already making a pretty big dent. The risk of brain damage from concussions is becoming more and more wide spread. The younger generation before us, simply can see what we did not see 20-30 years ago. Is it really worth the risk? if you get brain damage or life sustaining injuries, the NFL don't have a universal healthcare plan to pay for players health problems. Maybe if they came up with a plan like that, it would soften the blow. But I doubt it. Football is a dying sport right now. 

Roger Goodell - No one likes him and that's a fact. It seems fitting that the ratings are pummeling after he just had to suspend Tom Brady anyway after the whole Deflategate "scandal" proved to be nothing more than two sore bitter loser teams whining that they lost to the Patriots. It's even funnier that the Pats are 3-0 without Brady and can win with backups to laugh in Roger Goodell's face. 

Goodell is simply one of the most unlikable sports commissioners ever. He could learn a lot of things from Adam Silver and how he runs the NBA. Adam Silver moved the NBA's All Star game from Charlotte after the state passed the most transphobic law in the country. Goodell would never do anything like that. Players protest ALL THE TIME in the NBA, and it's never a big deal, ever. Adam Silver even gives them his blessing in support. Goodell is a long ways away from being a good commissioner. 

Right now, Goodell cares far more fantasy football owners than he cares about the average fan. 

Star players - I'm pretty sure the ratings drop had a lot to do with Tom Brady's unneeded suspension. Say what you want about Brady, but he is a star player. Star players are who drive ratings. When you take one of your biggest stars from the game, the one QB who has the most Super Bowl rings of the past 15 years - you're bound to have ratings backfire on you.

Other than Brady, look at other stars and you don't really see any left that a larger part of the majority are going to want to root for. Peyton Manning is retired. Brett Favre has been gone for some years now (and we miss him a lot). Who's left? Rodgers, Newton, Brees, Eli Manning, Flacco - QB's that people in general don't really care for, unless they're a fan of the team that they play for. 

Over saturation - The NFL is an empire that just can't stop expanding. Did we need Thursday night games all year around? Did we need more games in the UK? Do we need more football, really? Add in how widespread the injury risks are and how dangerous we know concussions and brain injuries are from playing the game, and simply put; it's overkill. 

I'm guessing that NFL ratings have slowly been dropping the past few years because this is nothing new. 

The biggest concern right now is more than likely the concussions and brain injuries. Within 20-25 years, this is going to be a dead sport cause the new generation simply will choose not to play it and risk life long sustaining injuries. They don't have to risk this if they want to try Soccer (real football), Basketball, or Baseball. 

Monday night game ratings are probably pummeling due to the fact they've all been BLOW OUTS. People in general aren't going to sit glued to the screen when it's not a competitive match and it's just a one way blow out. 

I agree that the protests have nothing to do with it.

The rest, however, is pretty humorous, including ironic, and hypocritical.

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You do make a valid point about ESPN & NFL Network's emphasis on fantasy football WM. For those who participate in FF leagues great for them. But, there are fans out there who could care less about FF stats & sleeper picks & we just want regular game analysis back on TV instead of an onslaught of Fan Duel ads etc. etc.

Good point about how FF can sever primary team allegiances or at least diminish them in favor of individual player points in a given week across the league. 

I also question the loyalty of "the fantasy generation."

i know many people who don't have a favorite team or even follow football as such.  They are in it for the excitement of fantasy football.  Heck, many have their faces buried in stats, their phone and aren't really watching THE GAME.

these "fans" are less invested and will come and go as their excitement of fantasy does.

My gut tells me having a game Thursday, 2 Sunday afternoon, one Sunday night followed by one Monday night is over-saturation. Throw in an occasional Sunday morning and you have at least one game really half of the days of the week. There's no urgency to watch a game anymore because you don't have to wait a week to see another.  It's really weird, I was talking to my brother tonite about it (big time steeler fan).  He didn't notice, but he's not watching "every game on" like we seem to used to.   Believe me, I LOVE football, but I've got a life to try to live.

maybe instead of worrying so much about a global shield, the NFL should look more at improving the aspect of FAN EXPERIENCE of NFL football.  They've been kind of arrogant about market share for some time.

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

I watch lots of football because I like it. All the excuses to not watch, listed in this thread are comical. I think the most ridiculous example is because of Goodell. That just made me laugh......

No one is saying they don't like it.  I've had NFL ticket since 1998 and have watched my share.  The point is there is a trend. A trend that is interesting and surprising. 

Have you lived your whole life outside the states?

5 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I never said that any team is perfect. How am I throwing stones? I'm just pointing out how silly the notion is for someone to get angry about the anthem but not about things that, you know, actually affect other people and matter. The majority of people at home watching the game are sitting on their behinds during the anthem. Karpernick may have started it but players from elementary to other NFL teams are doing it for a reason, and it isn't just bc they like Kaep. 

Stupidity is everywhere . So those at home should stand is what your saying are you saying you take a knee ..:lol:

37 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

No one is saying they don't like it.  I've had NFL ticket since 1998 and have watched my share.  The point is there is a trend. A trend that is interesting and surprising. 

Have you lived your whole life outside the states?

Not disputing the trend, just saying some of the arguments for this trend are a joke, if true. Been on holiday and work visits to the US only (and to Indy of course). What is your point there, Wool?

Oh, and I nearly cancelled my visit to Indy because the plane was painted a disappointing shade of yellow....

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not disputing the trend, just saying some of the arguments for this trend are a joke, if true. Been on holiday and work visits to the US only (and to Indy of course). What is your point there, Wool?

Oh, and I nearly cancelled my visit to Indy because the plane was painted a disappointing shade of yellow....

Funny.

my point was that perhaps we have more football access here in the states than the average european viewer.  Therefore it may be different for you and me for example.  I'm sure in britain theres always a soccer match on while here rarely. 

Reasons are reasons, stupid to us or not. 

I wouldnt fly on a yellow plane either, btw.  I stick to silver-ish aircraft.

10 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Stupidity is everywhere . So those at home should stand is what your saying are you saying you take a knee ..:lol:

I don't have to take a knee. I'm sitting on my behind or in the kitchen grabbing nachos like 99% of Americans during the anthem. Lol.

26 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't have to take a knee. I'm sitting on my behind or in the kitchen grabbing nachos like 99% of Americans during the anthem. Lol.

You should ignore this guy. He is trying to get under your skin while you're trying to reason with him. It is futile.

But you make a good point that many folks talk, eat, drink beer, take pictures and ignore the anthem while it is being sung. (I went to a game last weekend and many people were talking or taking pics while the anthem was being sung.) But they do not view their own behavior as disrespectful. Since Kaepernick's move, I have been more mindful of my behavior to show the proper respect to the flag and the anthem, even while watching at home. While much can be improved in the country, when I read books like the Kite Runner, I am always reminded of how much better we Americans have it than those living in other countries. So, we have much to be thankful for. :) 

Having said that, It is not my place to tell others not to protest, especially if they are doing it peacefully. It is their right as Americans.

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I watch lots of football because I like it. All the excuses to not watch, listed in this thread are comical. I think the most ridiculous example is because of Goodell. That just made me laugh......

I agree.   

Its early in the year and there haven't been any big prime time games except the Denver-Carolina opener.

..and we are missing some stars..Brady, Manning, Romo, now Adrian Peterson...and JJ Watt

The Bears are so bad so far..that has to hurt TV ratings

But guys like Carson Wentz are coming along to fill the gap....let the Rams stay in a playoff race and that'll grab viewers.

3 weeks..very short sample....I don't think its a real trend

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

But you make a good point that many folks talk, eat, drink beer, take pictures and ignore the anthem while it is being sung. (I went to a game last weekend and many people were talking or taking pics while the anthem was being sung.) But they do not view their own behavior as disrespectful. Since Kaepernick's move, I have been more mindful of my behavior to show the proper respect to the flag and the anthem, even while watching at home. While much can be improved in the country, when I read books like the Kite Runner, I am always reminded of how much better we Americans have it than those living in other countries. So, we have much to be thankful for. :) 

Having said that, It is not my place to tell others not to protest, especially if they are doing it peacefully. It is their right as Americans.

Yes, to the Bolded.  I too have become more mindful of my own behavior while the singing/playing of the National Anthem is playing.

Having a musical background myself, my family have always paid close attention to  the singing of the anthem, (and admit sometimes can we be critical of the rendition) wrong, I know,   but we also are very moved by those stellar performances.    At the game this past weekend, it was my grandson's first NFL game and my husband and I made sure he knew to remove his hat and place over his heart during the song.    I've stated several times,  I am all for the tradition of the Anthem before games.

17 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I also question the loyalty of "the fantasy generation."

i know many people who don't have a favorite team or even follow football as such.  They are in it for the excitement of fantasy football.  Heck, many have their faces buried in stats, their phone and aren't really watching THE GAME.

these "fans" are less invested and will come and go as their excitement of fantasy does.

My gut tells me having a game Thursday, 2 Sunday afternoon, one Sunday night followed by one Monday night is over-saturation. Throw in an occasional Sunday morning and you have at least one game really half of the days of the week. There's no urgency to watch a game anymore because you don't have to wait a week to see another.  It's really weird, I was talking to my brother tonite about it (big time steeler fan).  He didn't notice, but he's not watching "every game on" like we seem to used to.   Believe me, I LOVE football, but I've got a life to try to live.

maybe instead of worrying so much about a global shield, the NFL should look more at improving the aspect of FAN EXPERIENCE of NFL football.  They've been kind of arrogant about market share for some time.

Great post WM. Yes, there are a block of fans out there so preoccupied with fantasy football that they don't really appreciate the surprising upsets in live games at all. I liken it the fools who buy concert tickets, pay for parking, & then they spend the whole show recording the event on their phone just so they can post it on their You Tube channel totally oblivious to what is going on around them. Man, I hate that. Like what the hades is wrong with you? Live in the moment & stop being so mesmerized by your likes or hits online you caboose hole. It drives me nuts. Why participate in something when you're not even there? 

Your saturation point is a good one too regarding the NFL because TNF is never that good & like you say between SNF & MNF...TNF is just in too close of proximity to other games. We need a break. Today, I watched the Bengals kill the Dolphins with FGs on my DVR & man was it uninspiring & why was CINCY wearing orange, ice cream jumpsuit uniforms anyway? They looked ridiculous. ESPN First Take even talked about this today on their show. How TNF as a TV product isn't that good & it's almost too much of a good thing like overkill. 

I get that football only really lasts 4 months for most teams if your not playing in the SB, but it doesn't mean you cram as much as you can between Sept thru Dec. More isn't always better. Sometimes, it's just more like excess baggage. 

20 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Great post WM. Yes, there are a block of fans out there so preoccupied with fantasy football that they don't really appreciate the surprising upsets in live games at all. I liken it the fools who buy concert tickets, pay for parking, & then they spend the whole show recording the event on their phone just so they can post it on their You Tube channel totally oblivious to what is going on around them. Man, I hate that. Like what the hades is wrong with you? Live in the moment & stop being so mesmerized by your likes or hits online you caboose hole. It drives me nuts. Why participate in something when you're not even there? 

Your saturation point is a good one too regarding the NFL because TNF is never that good & like you say between SNF & MNF...TNF is just in too close of proximity to other games. We need a break. Today, I watched the Bengals kill the Dolphins with FGs on my DVR & man was it uninspiring & why was CINCY wearing orange, ice cream jumpsuit uniforms anyway? They looked ridiculous. ESPN First Take even talked about this today on their show. How TNF as a TV product isn't that good & it's almost too much of a good thing like overkill. 

I get that football only really lasts 4 months for most teams if your not playing in the SB, but it doesn't mean you cram as much as you can between Sept thru Dec. More isn't always better. Sometimes, it's just more like excess baggage. 

Oversaturation indeed!!! You've watched so much football you got the teams confused!!!

Miami wore the Orange Cream Pop uni's...

I appreciate NFLfan & Gramz's well written posts on paying proper respect when the Natl. Anthem is bing sung. All I ask is that fans stand & listen in silence when the Star Spangled Banner is being performed. Taking off a hat & placing your hand on your heart is not mandatory to me. Just stand & give the song it's proper reverence IMO. 

I guess I cut fans slack on other gestures [hat & heart] because to me all that matters is giving our veterans & active service men & women as well as the fallen your respect & undivided attention. JMO. 

I admire parents & relatives that instruct family members to remove their hats of course, the the heart gesture or placement itself isn't all that significant to me because when I grew up with the Pledge Of Allegiance in school as a little kid you get to a point where it feels like you are going thru the motions rather than a personal belief in what you are doing by virtue of repetition & routine. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I appreciate NFLfan & Gramz's well written posts on paying proper respect when the Natl. Anthem is bing sung. All I ask is that fans stand & listen in silence when the Star Spangled Banner is being performed. Taking off a hat & placing your hand on your heart is not mandatory to me. Just stand & give the song it's proper reverence IMO. 

I guess I cut fans slack on other gestures [hat & heart] because to me all that matters is giving our veterans & active service men & women as well as the fallen your respect & undivided attention. JMO. 

I admire parents & relatives that instruct family members to remove their hats of course, the the heart gesture or placement itself isn't all that significant to me because when I grew up with the Pledge Of Allegiance in school as a little kid you get to a point where it feels like you are going thru the motions rather than a personal belief in what you are doing by virtue of repetition & routine. 

Most guys with receding hairlines have a problem taking their hats or their dew rags off. :scratch:.......haha

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Oversaturation indeed!!! You've watched so much football you got the teams confused!!!

Okay, you're right. I incorrectly flipped it. I will own that. It was still a boring game IMO probably because I knew the fins were gonna suck & they lived up to my lowered expectations. 

I just don't see the need for TNF except for the owners to rake in more dough. If INDY's on will I watch it? Absolutely. I accept TNF is here to stay, but I hate it because it accelerates injury risk if INDY just played Sunday & now must get ready for a short week to hit another player a few days later.  

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most guys with receding hairlines have a problem taking their hats or their dew rags off. :scratch:.......haha

Touche my brother. LOL! I've got a bald spot on the back of my noggin that widens ever yr darn it. LOL! 

I just pray I have a non egg plant shaped head when I do lose it all. Black guys like Samuel L. Jackson look dashing & sophisticated bald. White guys, on the other hand, end up looking like Mr. Clean; Neo Nazis I'm afraid. The only cool looking white dude I dream I look as good as someday as an old man is Bruce Willis baby. Just sayin'...

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Touche my brother. LOL! I'm got a bald spot on the back of my noggin that widens ever yr darn it. LOL! 

I just pray I have a non egg plant shaped head when I do lose it all. Black guys like Samuel L. Jackson look dashing & sophisticated bald. White guys on the other hand end up looking like Mr. Clean Neo Nazis I'm afraid. The only cool looking white dude I dream I look as good as someday as an old man is Bruce Willis baby. Just sayin'...

My brother has the same problem but uses the excuse it's a rug burn from kinky sex positions.

I am OK in the hair department but it is sad when you get more hair growing out your ears than off your head. :hat:

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My brother has the same problem but uses the excuse it's a rug burn from kinky sex positions.

I am OK in the hair department but it is sad when you get more hair growing out your ears than off your head. :hat:

Open mic night at the local comedy club tonight? Rim shot cymbal crash. I'm complementing you BTW not slamming you. 

That "rug burn" line was priceless. There's a reason I'm wearing a hat in my profile picture. Ha! Ha! I look fine properly groomed & there is still a need for a comb thank God. 

Uh huh. One of the joys of growing older: Where you want hair you can't get it & where you don't want it; it doesn't stop. Too much information? Hey, as my dad would say, "you swung open the door I just walked thru it. Okay, technically, I kicked in the door just to say here I am." :D

55 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

I wonder if Tampa Bay could sue the Dolphins for color trademark infringement? :sarcasm:

It doesn't have to be an exact replica just a close likeness in a jury or bench trial. 

GettyImages-611801514.jpg

10-21-freeman.jpg?w=1000

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Open mic night at the local comedy club tonight? Rim shot cymbal crash. I'm complementing you BTW not slamming you. 

That "rug burn" line was priceless. There's a reason I'm wearing a hat in my profile picture. Ha! Ha! I look fine properly groomed & there is still a need for a comb thank God. 

Uh huh. One of the joys of growing older: Where you want hair you can't get it & where you don't want it; it doesn't stop. Too much information? Hey, as my dad would say, "you swung open the door I just walked thru it. Okay, technically, I kicked in the door just to say here I am." :D

No problem my friend. Age does strange things to our bodies.

I am now down to my boot camp weight but it's just not proportioned the same. I once had a 46 inch chest and a 29 inch waist. Now I have a 42 inch chest with a 32 inch waist. haha

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No problem my friend. Age does strange things to our bodies.

I am now down to my boot camp weight but it's just not proportioned the same. I once had a 46 inch chest and a 29 inch waist. Now I have a 42 inch chest with a 32 inch waist. haha

You're a good guy CC1 & I love your sense of humor. That's why I love this forum so many amigos are just as sarcastic as I am & smart too that goes without saying. You always have a refreshing perspective on things. :thmup:

I was watching a "Modern Family" re-run on TV yesterday where the dad was more proud of a fencing trophy than his son was. He wanted to quit & not fight a female in the Championship round. The father convinced him to compete anyway & just as the dad puts the trophy in his bedroom not his son's room he says with a beaming grin on his face "guilt is temporary, but hardware lasts forever." Ba! Ha! Ha! 

Moms are always from the school of just do your best son I will love you no matter what vs dads who are like win it all or you are nothing to me & the honor of the family name. 

It sounds harsh, but the episode was hysterical. God, I love brilliantly deployed sarcasm. It's the best. 

The NFL has been drifting into soap opera and political stuff.

Not by its own fault at all.  The media covers football in more was than just football.

Yes, it the medias fault for the lower ratings.  Its the way they cover football that makes football less watchable.  Its even preachy at times.  Its all media driven.  Goodell wants to stay out of it.

44 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The NFL has been drifting into soap opera and political stuff.

Not by its own fault at all.  The media covers football in more was than just football.

Yes, it the medias fault for the lower ratings.  Its the way they cover football that makes football less watchable.  Its even preachy at times.  Its all media driven.  Goodell wants to stay out of it.

You are 100% correct. If the media would just stick to football and football related things it might make the ratings go up? Who knows? TV quit showing fans running out onto the field so the ones who wanted the attention didn't get the TV audience giving it to them. They said it detracted from the game. They should do the same thing with most of this non football stuff too.

IMO there is a time and place to make any statement you want but not at the expense of a game that is suppose to be an enjoyment and a place to forget about life's everyday problems. Now the media has a new attention grabber themselves.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You should ignore this guy. He is trying to get under your skin while you're trying to reason with him. It is futile.

Image result for picture of kaepernick sticker in urinal