Stephen Weatherly - Min
Ryan Russell - TB
Larry Webster - Car
Davis Tull - Atl
Shaq Riddick - Ari
Morgan Fox - LA
Marcus Rush - SF
Jordan Tripp - Sea

I think Okine would be the obvious choice if we go this route.

Max Valles, Ronald Powell, Carl Bradford, Davis Tull, Marcus Rush, and Stephen Weatherly would all fit our system IMO. Valles should have a decent understanding of our defense since he is in Rex Ryan's defense in Buffalo. The rest would most likely have to start from square one and learn the playbook before they would be productive rotational players.

If we are looking for a player to step in right away and know our system. It is obvious we need to go with Okine, Bates, Mount, or maybe Valles.

I like Maggitt, but I think Akeem Ayers has got something about him. He is perfectly suited to this defense and is strong in coverage, something all our linebackers struggle with. I hope both or at least one of Ayers and Maggitt can show something this year and take the opportunity. As we know, the outside linebacker position is a huge need with Mathis and Walden out of contract next off season, and not guaranteed a new one.

19 minutes ago, Tracy Denton said:

My guess is that they will keep it open for when Jones comes back ??

I was thinking the same thing. More than likely who ever they sign now wont be active against the jags anyways. The team Is leaving for London Friday. That only leaves two days for somebody new to practise with the team. Then next week somebody would have to be cut for Jones. 

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Stick with what we have already we definitely don't need okine he was cut for a reason let maggitt get more reps he may shine out

Bringing in another player doesn't necessarily mean they'd take snaps from current guys.  Still need the depth and okine at least had training camp and preseason learning this system. So yeah he was cut for a reason but we're not in the same situation we were when he was cut.

6 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Serious question: any veteran olb pass rushers out there that would be ready to roll in a few weeks?

We should have picked up Freeny...you get the feeling it was something personal that kept them from it.  Atlanta's gain.  He was a no risk option on the street at the time,  There's nobody now ynless Jared Allen wants to ride back in from the cold.

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

We should have picked up Freeny...you get the feeling it was something personal that kept them from it.  Atlanta's gain.  He was a no risk option on the street at the time,  There's nobody now ynless Jared Allen wants to ride back in from the cold.

As someone who unfortunately had to watch the Bears a lot as I live near Chicago. No thanks on Allen. Freeney was still fine, I agree with you. Imagine if we had kept my boy Hughes though. 

47 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Bringing in another player doesn't necessarily mean they'd take snaps from current guys.  Still need the depth and okine at least had training camp and preseason learning this system. So yeah he was cut for a reason but we're not in the same situation we were when he was cut.

He was terrible at setting the edge. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

As someone who unfortunately had to watch the Bears a lot as I live near Chicago. No thanks on Allen. Freeney was still fine, I agree with you. Imagine if we had kept my boy Hughes though. 

You know our staff has a habit of not connecting with some players and coddling others who aren't worthy. I don't recall that phenomena elsewhere...does anyone else,

As much as I root for the rookies to do well would like to see us sign someone with an NFL sack on his resume. Doesn't guarantee anything, like with Cole, just seems like we have too many rookies and UDFA playing key roles so far. Liked the Ayers signing, now I guess we will see whether he has anything to contribute.

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Don't forget Mathis, he's old too and not producing.  Definitely lost a step or two.  His playing time could be cut any time now. 

I agree with you I just didn't want a backlash of hate mail after saying that haha. But yes Indy needs to move on from their old players, including Mathis. They must make pass rushing OLBs and cover ILBs a priority next offseason.

18 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

He was terrible at setting the edge. 

eh i do not agree there. I thought he was more productive against the run with us than what he has shown in pass rush. Perhaps that was just cleanup work though?