Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make PS move

RockThatBlue

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I thought bailey played well. oh well

I didn't think Grig's could resist This is the kid who played D in college then tested off the charts His numbers are crazy for a guy his size The Hawks tried to make him an OL It'll be interesting to see what we do with him 

55 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I didn't think Grig's could resist This is the kid who played D in college then tested off the charts His numbers are crazy for a guy his size The Hawks tried to make him an OL It'll be interesting to see what we do with him 

As soon as Seattle released him I told my buddy if he clears waivers this sounds like a Grigs project. I know he has a ton of athletic ability to mold. I too am very curious where we decide to put him.

I looked up his pro day numbers, impressive for a guy 6'5" and 300lbs.

40-yard dash: 4.84 and 4.88 seconds 
Vertical: 38 inches 
Broad: 9 feet, 11 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.36 seconds 
3-cone: 7.25 seconds 
Bench: 31 reps of 225 pounds

Hard to believe that someone that athletic has had a hard time finding a place.  Maybe he just doesn't have a good football IQ.

12 minutes ago, Franchise said:

I think its interesting that he is listed on the PS Roster as a Defensive End and not an Offensive Lineman as Seattle tried to convert him to.

His athleticism would be a nice addition to the DLine if his IQ and technique were to improve......

How does someone's IQ improve? :scratch:  haha

3 minutes ago, Franchise said:

I'm sure you're being a smart butt and that's cool.......however, you know how it can improve. Film study and practice can improve someone's football IQ

Yes I was just pulling your leg a little. But your IQ is your ability to learn. That and applying it is two different things. Just saying. Hopefully he can be coached up and contribute to this team.

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

He's apparently super athletic, but can't put it all together on the field.  Maybe our coaches can get some of his potential out of him.

You do realize you just said "maybe our coaches can get some of his potential" ... our coaches get players potential...you must have our coaches confused with Bruce Arians, or BB... haha 

4 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I looked up his pro day numbers, impressive for a guy 6'5" and 300lbs.

40-yard dash: 4.84 and 4.88 seconds 
Vertical: 38 inches 
Broad: 9 feet, 11 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.36 seconds 
3-cone: 7.25 seconds 
Bench: 31 reps of 225 pounds

Hard to believe that someone that athletic has had a hard time finding a place.  Maybe he just doesn't have a good football IQ.

Why was Seattle trying to make him an O Lineman?

This is a very interesting signing with options on both sides of the line the Colts will see where he fits best his size & athleticism is needed I can't wait to see where they put him IMO Philbin will get him on the O-line the Seahawks had an overabundance of lineman he was 'nt gonna get a chance there here in Indy he will .

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Why was Seattle trying to make him an O Lineman?

I am not sure why Seattle was trying to convert him into an Oline position.  I am guessing, but he apparently didn't do a great job at U. of Buffalo on the Dline, so maybe Seattle thought he would be a good candidate for a switch.  It's interesting that someone with that kind of athleticism has not succeeded more.  Is it a poor football IQ, poor technique, an underachiever, obviously I'm speculating, but it seems to be a mental thing with him.