Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Boston wins tomorrow I think they will probably win in 7. They have more depth than Chicago and I do think they win 1 in Chicago to get HCA back. Chicago will have to win another game in Boston to capture the series IMO. I don't think that happens. I.Thomas is the best player in that series and Stevens is the better coach of the 2 teams. I would say Boston in 7. Chicago winning Game 1 is huge though.

I think Butler is the best player in the series and Wade has even compared him to Lebron James. I love little Isaiah Thomas, but he is a defensive liability at times IMO despite his scoring talents. He is all heart and effort but sometimes I do think his size hurts him. He is the shortest player in the NBA at 5'9. It's funny since people think Steph Curry is short too but he isn't, he is over 6 feet. Curry is just so thin naturally and baby faced so he looks like a kid.

Stevens is a good coach, but I promise you that if the Celtics lose this series then next year is do or die almost for him since Boston is not THAT patient of a fanbase. They expect to win titles in Boston or at least go to the big games like the ECF's. Boston will probably have to get another piece or two this offseason to compete for a title.

I am rooting for Boston though since it would be sad if they lost this as the first seed and also due to Isaiah Thomas losing his sister.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think he has potential to be a great 5. It's all on him. But I had us as the first seed with the expectation that Myles would turn into our second best player and second or third scoring option.

I thought that would be a case after game 1. I guess many just expected too much too early.

Yeah I myself also thought he would be much more productive.  Heck 10/10 15/10 couple blocks, ect.  He's been pushed around by more physical players in Love and Thompson.  Then again, the guys just a kid.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think Butler is the best player in the series and Wade has even compared him to Lebron James. I love little Isaiah Thomas, but he is a defensive liability at times IMO despite his scoring talents. He is all heart and effort but sometimes I do think his size hurts him. He is the shortest player in the NBA at 5'9. It's funny since people think Steph Curry is short too but he isn't, he is over 6 feet. Curry is just so thin naturally and baby faced so he looks like a kid.

Stevens is a good coach, but I promise you that if the Celtics lose this series then next year is do or die almost for him since Boston is not THAT patient of a fanbase. They expect to win titles in Boston or at least go to the big games like the ECF's. Boston will probably have to get another piece or two this offseason to compete for a title.

I am rooting for Boston though since it would be sad if they lost this as the first seed and also due to Isaiah Thomas losing his sister.

Butler is a great player but I think Paul George is better than Butler, Thomas actually had a better season than both those guys. I will be curious to see how next 3 games go. If Wade can play like old Wade than Chicago may pull it off. They have a nice chance because anytime you steal Game 1 on the road that is huge.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

LeBron's a ball stopper, too

No he's not. He doesn't waste 23 seconds and take a contested shot like Melo. And he doesn't take whole possessions trying to play one on five like Lance unless its necessary like in the 2015 finals. (LeBron is 6'8 and can do what he wants)

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Butler is a great player but I think Paul George is better than Butler, Thomas actually had a better season than both those guys. I will be curious to see how next 3 games go. If Wade can play like old Wade than Chicago may pull it off. They have a nice chance because anytime you steal Game 1 on the road that is huge.

Paul George is one of the best around so I have no arguments there.

Thomas did have a great season in scoring but I do worry about him since it's clear at times his size can be a factor vs. some top players in big games.

Not sure yet but a ton depends on game 2. If Boston loses game 2 it looks pretty bad for them.........

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Paul George is one of the best around so I have no arguments there.

Thomas did have a great season in scoring but I do worry about him since it's clear at times his size can be a factor vs. some top players in big games.

Not sure yet but a ton depends on game 2. If Boston loses game 2 it looks pretty bad for them.........

If Chicago wins Game 2 than it's over IMO but I don't see that, who knows though. I cant ever remember a team losing the 1st 2 at home and winning a series. I think Houston did it with Hakeem vs Phoenix in like 94 or 95? I am not sure though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Chicago wins Game 2 than it's over IMO but I don't see that, who knows though. I cant ever remember a team losing the 1st 2 at home and winning a series. I think Houston did it with Hakeem vs Phoenix in like 94 or 95? I am not sure though.

I am not sure but I think the Mavs with Dirk many years ago were a first seed once and lost in the first round too. I am kinda fuzzy on that.

But also sadly the Celtics are the first seed too since the Cavs decided they didn't want it.

Just now, Jules said:

I am not sure but I think the Mavs with Dirk many years ago were a first seed once and lost in the first round too. I am kinda fuzzy on that.

But also sadly the Celtics are the first seed too since the Cavs decided they didn't want it.

8's have beat 1's, Dirk did lose in 2007 as a 1, Heat lost to the Knicks in 99 as well. I was talking about a team losing the first 2 at home and recovering in any series.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

8's have beat 1's, Dirk did lose in 2007 as a 1, Heat lost to the Knicks in 99 as well. I was talking about a team losing the first 2 at home and recovering in any series.

Oh I see, ugh I have no idea honestly.

Oh man the Spurs look bored in this game tonight. lmao Not much of a challenge for them.

The West has been boring so far but I am digging Houston and honestly do believe they are a slight dark horse in the west. Every once in a blue moon Houston rises up in some odd year and even wins it all. lmao 

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

I'd be surprised if this Grizzlies-Spurs series goes past five games. Spurs are just superior in every way. Kawhi is by far the best player on the floor for either team. That guy is a freakin balla

He is a freakin balla indeed.

Man tough loss for the Pacers.  They made it a game in the fourth quarter.  They needed to play better in the other 3 though.  They had a golden opportunity to steal game 1.  Unfortunately, I think they're done in 5 unless they play lights out the next two games, which I am rooting for them.  It's tough to beat LeBron when he has 25+, Love 25+ and Irving 30+.  The Cavs still play 0 defense.  The Pacers need to quit switching the 1-3 screens and trap it.  Teague switching onto LeBron is exactly what the Cavs want.  What's up with George calling out his teammates?  I read he called out his teammates after this loss? 

19 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

I'd be surprised if this Grizzlies-Spurs series goes past five games. Spurs are just superior in every way. Kawhi is by far the best player on the floor for either team. That guy is a freakin balla

Kawhi should've been a Pacer. Imagine us having him and PG.

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Man tough loss for the Pacers.  They made it a game in the fourth quarter.  They needed to play better in the other 3 though.  They had a golden opportunity to steal game 1.  Unfortunately, I think they're done in 5 unless they play lights out the next two games, which I am rooting for them.  It's tough to beat LeBron when he has 25+, Love 25+ and Irving 30+.  The Cavs still play 0 defense.  The Pacers need to quit switching the 1-3 screens and trap it.  Teague switching onto LeBron is exactly what the Cavs want.  What's up with George calling out his teammates?  I read he called out his teammates after this loss? 

What...you think Teague Guarding LeBron is a bad idea??? haha

Honestly I think PG is trying to fire his teammates up. I don't think its that big of a deal.

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yup , he called out Lance about his body language after the loss. And something about Myles Turner. Don't know what the about Turner was about specifically. Probably said he needs to step it up, which he definitely does. 

2 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Yup , he called out Lance about his body language after the loss. And something about Myles Turner. Don't know what the about Turner was about specifically. Probably said he needs to step it up, which he definitely does. 

Said Myles needs to keep Tristan Thompson at bay on the boards. Yeah the front court is being eaten alive by Love and Thompson

11 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You guys are looking great. Up 75-65 and have a shot of winning games 1 and 2 on the road.

3 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

PG a lot more critical of teammates then he ever has been before. He's finally getting fed up. Things really starting to get ugly. I might as well go ahead and order my custom made PG-13 Laker's jersey now.   

I don't think that';s getting ugly.

I think that's telling the truth: Its now or never for this year.

Nothing he said was wrong.....we've said it all here..

Let's see what happens in game 3....I don't thnk this is over

Remember Pacer fans, we still have to give this Pacer team another season to gel.   Oh wait, we added Lance, so Now we can expect to play well together in 2020.

Sarcasm there.   Someone (Uncle I think) said that it takes almost 2 seasons for a team to gel and none of this is one the coach.  

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are looking great. Up 75-65 and have a shot of winning games 1 and 2 on the road.

I couldn't believe it!  But Wade, Butler, Rondo, Lopez and Zipser played great and they held Isiah!  I am still not holding my breathe.  This Bulls team has been crazy inconsistent this year.  They are looking good right now though.  Just a bad match up for the Celtics. 

15 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Got ya.  I personally don't think it's the right point in time to call out your teammates.  That's just my opinion though.  I hope they can turn it around in Indy.