Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can thank Bird for not adding Okafor or Lopez which he could've for very little. Turner is the only Good Big we have and he is really a PF.

Yeah they need to move him back to the 4.  Not really sure what Bird and co were thinking there.  He'd be a very solid back up 5, possibly great 4.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Pacers should have gotten the 8th seed. Christ guys........you would have gotten Boston over King James and his court.

We couldn't afford to lose or the Heat may have snuck in. The Cavs should have been the first seed but LeBron wanted to sit out so he didn't have to take out Dwayne Wade.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Isnt that funny how that worked out/?

It seemed the Cavs would be the first seed but Lebron didn't want it.  Now it don't even matter since Boston may not survive Chicago.

It's as if Lebron didn't want to start the playoffs vs. Wade........and he knew the Bulls were a bad matchup for Boston.

The Eastern conference is really the Lebron James conference and the rest of us live in it and try to survive.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they need to move him back to the 4.  Not really sure what Bird and comwas thinking there.  He'd be a very solid back up 5, possibly great 4.

I was thinking he would improve. Players don't just stay the same forever. If he would have worked on getting stronger (which he still can), he could obviously be a 5. He just needs to put in the time.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

I was thinking he would improve. Players don't just stay the same forever. If he would have worked on getting stronger (which he still can), he could obviously be a 5. He just needs to put in the time.

Yeah he would have to get a lot stronger, he's still a kid but the problem is he has potential to be a great stretch 4.  

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I still don't think the Bulls beat the Celtics but much higher odds of beating them than the Cavs in the first round

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

It seemed the Cavs would be the first seed but Lebron didn't want it.  Now it don't even matter since Boston may not survive Chicago.

It's as if Lebron didn't want to start the playoffs vs. Wade........and he knew the Bulls were a bad matchup for Boston.

The Eastern conference is really the Lebron James conference and the rest of us live in it and try to survive.

I think the Cavs would have had a tough first round series vs the Bulls too, the Bulls are playing with a lot of momentum. So Lebron chose the easy route, the Pacers route so that the Cavs can gather some momentum before facing the better foes in the east.

117-111....down 2-0.....

.....and we win Wednesday..or we're toast

Yeah they just have to take it one game at a time.  We'll see how they do Wednesday.  If they win they're back in it, if they lose they're toast for sure.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston will still probably win in 7, I had it in 6 anyway. Pacers would've took Boston 7 IMO and Game 7 would be 50/50 between those 2. We drew LeBron, worse draw of the Playoffs that early. Better to play them late.

You think Boston can still do it? Have to see tomorrow night. I mean Jimmy Butler is probably the best player on both teams and often the team with the best player on it to me is favored.

I still think Boston is a piece or two away........

I HOPE they win the series though. I really don't like to see teams lose as the first seed THIS soon, ouch.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I think the Cavs would have had a tough first round series vs the Bulls too, the Bulls are playing with a lot of momentum. So Lebron chose the easy route, the Pacers route so that the Cavs can gather some momentum before facing the better foes in the east.

Agree, he is shaking the rust off before he might get Chicago.

And no disrespect to the Pacers who IMO have played well lately but they don't know how to close a game to save their lives vs. Cleveland. They just kinda run around aimlessly in the 4th chucking shots on speed screaming when it's crunch time. That don't work vs. teams like the Cavs and Warriors.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they just have to take it one game at a time.  We'll see how they do Wednesday.  If they win they're back in it, if they lose they're toast for sure.  

we make it close in the end..the fear is that we lose four close games, though.

..maybe we'll get a couple of calls at home....we're healthy and we have 2 days off.

They shoot so well against us,

..maybe we'll get a couple of calls at home....we're healthy and we have 2 days off.

They shoot well against everyone to be fair.

Just now, Jules said:

You think Boston can still do it? Have to see tomorrow night. I mean Jimmy Butler is probably the best player on both teams and often the team with the best player on it to me is favored.

I HOPE they win the series though. I really don't like to see teams lose as the first seed THIS soon, ouch.

If Boston could get Gordon Hayward, that could be the piece to get them over the top. And it's very possible considering Gordon played for Brad Stevens in college. But yeah Jimmy Butler is a freakin beast

Yeah I can't imagine them shooting so well here, nor our bigs playing so poorly on the D side of the ball, but then again watch Korver have 40 points.  

1 minute ago, Jules said:

If Boston wins tomorrow I think they will probably win in 7. They have more depth than Chicago and I do think they win 1 in Chicago to get HCA back. Chicago will have to win another game in Boston to capture the series IMO. I don't think that happens. I.Thomas is the best player in that series and Stevens is the better coach of the 2 teams. I would say Boston in 7. Chicago winning Game 1 is huge though.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I can't imagine them shooting so well here, nor our bigs playing so poorly on the D side of the ball, but then again watch Korver have 40 points.  

we have made a point of covering up Korver....JR is out..and then Shumpert hits three 3s

7 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah he would have to get a lot stronger, he's still a kid but the problem is he has potential to be a great stretch 4.  

I think he has potential to be a great 5. It's all on him. But I had us as the first seed with the expectation that Myles would turn into our second best player and second or third scoring option.

I thought that would be a case after game 1. I guess many just expected too much too early.