Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Nearly 100% positive I heard or read somewhere that the Cavs defense is actually ranked worse than ours is. Almost hard to believe.

If you just listened to Barkley, it's because they don't have great defensive players and don't respect the East. Yeah they don't respect the East but to say they don't have defensive players is not a valid excuse as to why their defense is so bad. A team can be good at defense without good defensive players. A lot of that comes down to effort. And they clearly don't put in much effort

LeBron is 11-0 in the first round including 6 sweeps. Pacers were doomed before this series even began...If LeBron was to finally lose in the first round, Chicago and Miami would've been the teams since they have an edge on the Cavs lately. 

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Does it baffle anyone else that Teague and Ellis would even get a sniff of guarding LeBron on defense? Let alone guarding him on defense?

Yeah I cracked up with Ellis was guarding him and Teague somehow managed to steal it. 

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I think one reason that the Cavs are just imposing their will offensively is because Thaddeus and Turner just decided not to play defense this series also.  They both have a combined 5 rebounds this game.

It's definitely why I'm not opposed to getting someone like Brook Lopez in FA. Need to go after Gordon Hayward as well

All you need is Love.

Fun fact: Kevin Love is the nephew of the legendary Mike Love of the Beach Boys. I often joke that without Love they suffer since with him they get "good vibrations" going on the Cavs.

lmao 

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

It just comes down to the Cavs defense being less suckish than the Pacers

Funny how their defense suddenly looks better when they play us...

...we just don't have the perimeter shooters,..unless PG scores 40, (and CJ Miles gets 20) we cant match the Cavs

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Is that true?  wow..

Oh yes it is true.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/features/growingup-love-140925

A lot of us have had similar upbringings to the Cavaliers we’ve featured in the “Growing Up … “ series over the years. But we’re willing to bet that none of us grew up with a father who played in the NBA and an uncle whose band sold 100 million records worldwide.

That’s not to say that Kevin Love – whose father, Stan, played for the Lakers, Bullets and Spurs and whose uncle, Mike, played guitar, sax and harmonica for the Beach Boys – got any breaks or took any shortcuts. As a youngster, he worked hard and honed his game. And by the time he hit high school, he was primed to become one of the greatest players in Oregon prep history.

Just now, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I wouldn't blame PG if he does decide to leave or ask for a trade. This team is going nowhere fast. Especially with this coaching.

I was just speaking to someone about that the other day.  It really doesn't matter because he only has one year left on his contract after next then he can opt out.  So if the Pacers want to get something for him, they better do it next year.  I don't think he's going to stay unless he feels Bird and co can magically change the Pacers into NBA contenders.