Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

Just now, Jules said:

I totally agree. If Lebron won it all this year then WHOA. 

Winning it last season was unreal actually for him and he is already arguably already Top 5 but man you have Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Wilt, Bird and others. The NBA has had so many Great players but if he beats them again and gets his 4th Title vs that team, that is off the charts!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Game 1: 106-102 Bulls...........so by pushing to get the top seed..Boston got a team they don't seem to match up well with...

But the '8' has never beaten the '1' in the East, have they?

Yes the Bulls lost to the 76ers when Rose tore is ACL in 2012.  Bulls were #1 76ers #8.  I am a Bulls fan but I still expect the Celtics to win the series, there a number 1 seed for a reason.  If the Bulls somehow do pull off the upset, I obviously wouldn't be upset lol.

It was a great weekend of NBA basketball!  I wish CJ would have nailed that shot to win game 1, that would have been awesome.  I think the Cavs are in huge trouble this year, they don't defend like they use too and that doesn't come back over night.  If the Pacers can steal game 2, I think they have a legit shot.  They had a gold opportunity in game 1 though.  How about the Bucks?  The Raptors can't be trusted in the playoffs.  I think that series goes 7 and the Bucks can win it.  I am glad my Bulls won game 1, that should be an interesting series, it's a must win for the Celtics.  The way my inconsistent Bulls play, the Celtics will win game 2 by 30 lol.  The Warriors caught fire late, but dang Lilliard and McCollum are a great 1-2 combo.  They are a player or 2 away from being a top team in the West.  Anyone surprised by the Jazz win in game 1? I am not, if the Clippers lose this series, their team is going to get blown up.  Spurs and Rockets both looked good in their game 1's.  I love watching Washington, Washington my be able to take the East.  They will be in the conference finals as long as no one gets hurt imo.  I am hoping the Thunder, Grizzlies and Raptors play better next game, the less blow outs the better imo. 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even though the Cavs haven't played well since March began, does anyone think they wont win the East? IMO I think Washington is the only team that can really give them a scare as in take them 7. They have the Guard play to do it. Wall and Beal are a deadly duo and Gortat is a beast inside. Irving would struggle against a team like that IMO. I like their Roster better than the Celtics and the tragedy that just happened with Thomas's sister was just awful. I am not sure how the Celtics will even play now? I don't trust the Raptors at all to win any big series. They just got blown off the court in Game 1 to the Bucks at home. The Pacers just need to add 1 more All-Star to complement PG next season, they do that then the Pacers can be taken serious. He just doesn't have enough help and I am not a fan of McMillan either. I would like to see him go but that wont happen after 1 season. I can still see the Pacers winning a game or 2 and not getting embarrassed but they don't have the guns to take down the Cavs. In the West we all know it will come down to the Warriors and Spurs don't we? I say Warriors in 7 there. The Warriors have an easy path to the WCFinals, Spurs may have to beat the Rockets just to get there.

I have my doubts.  I think if Washington makes it to the ECF, which I think they will, I think they can beat Cleveland.  They averaged 109 PPG during the regular season.  I think they can contain Love and Wall is going to give Irving all he can handle.  Cleveland is not good on the defensive side of the ball right now.  They haven't been for a while. With that being said, I still think Cleveland will be in the finals.  I don't see them beating GS or SA unless someone gets hurt.  I honestly think it'd be a 5 game series at most. 

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Accepted...but Westbrook leads the league in scoring....this is his best year.

.Harden leads the NBA in assists.

He also leads the league in turnovers which isn't good for a PG.    In fact he set the NBA record for turnovers again this year.  

18 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yes the Bulls lost to the 76ers when Rose tore is ACL in 2012.  Bulls were #1 76ers #8.  I am a Bulls fan but I still expect the Celtics to win the series, there a number 1 seed for a reason.  If the Bulls somehow do pull off the upset, I obviously wouldn't be upset lol.

Great win for you guys. Winning Game 1 is usually always huge. Teams that do that win 77% of all series. Knicks #8 also beat the Heat #1 in 1999. Yeah I thought when CJ let it go it was in, it looked good - blown opportunity. Loved the Jazz beating the Clippers, thought that was incredible without Gobert. My ECFinals is Washington vs LeBron's, in the West Spurs vs Warriors.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harden is a Turnover machine, Westbrook deserves MVP. 42 TDB's. Houston will beat OKC because they have the Better team.

I was really hoping the Thunder would upset the Rockets but it doesn't look good.  The Spurs will beat Houston in 5 probably anyways.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great win for you guys. Winning Game 1 is usually always huge. Teams that do that win 77% of all series. Knicks #8 also beat the Heat #1 in 1999. Yeah I thought when CJ let it go it was in, it looked good - blown opportunity. Loved the Jazz beating the Clippers, thought that was incredible without Gobert. My ECFinals is Washington vs LeBron's, in the West Spurs vs Warriors.

I was really hoping they would steal game 1 so I was happy.  You're right, I usually don't count that one because it was a lock out year but it was #8 beating #1!  I agree with everything you said!

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:
  1. You guys don't think Rockets can push the Spurs?? I think Memphis is going to wear them down some. Then the Rockets are going to be a shock of cold water!

No I think the Spurs will beat the Rockets in 5 or 6.  The Spurs destroyed the Grizzlies in game one.  I'd be shocked if the Grizzlies didn't win a game or 2 though.