Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I do. I think John Wall is a true PG in every sense of the word. He's finally playing like we thought he would his entire career

Accepted...but Westbrook leads the league in scoring....this is his best year.

.Harden leads the NBA in assists.

If you would say that Wall is 'truer' than Westbrook.......you'd have to credit Harden for all those assists..

This is, by far, his best year.

My praise of Westbrook and Harden is not at all criticism of John Wall.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Accepted...but Westbrook leads the league in scoring....this is his best year.

.Harden leads the NBA in assists.

If you would say that Wall is 'truer' than Westbrook.......you'd have to credit Harden for all those assists..

This is, by far, his best year.

My praise of Westbrook and Harden is not at all criticism of John Wall.

Westbrook and Harden have been outstanding this season. But if I had to choose between the three as the PG of my team, I'm taking John Wall

my thoughts on the pacer game yesterday

lance should start he was our second best player, make ellis the sixth man

we need turner to get 20 points, 11 is not enough.  teague defending lebron is laughable, that cant keep happening

showed a lot of fight, but appear to be a player short as always

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

my thoughts on the pacer game yesterday

lance should start he was our second best player, make ellis the sixth man

we need turner to get 20 points, 11 is not enough.  teague defending lebron is laughable, that cant keep happening

showed a lot of fight, but appear to be a player short as always

Lance needs to keep running the show off the bench. I don't want to rely on Brooks or Ellis to be running point.

Turner just isn't strong enough yet to compete with players like TT, and he's not consistent with his shot. Hopefully that changes over the summer.

26 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Lance needs to keep running the show off the bench. I don't want to rely on Brooks or Ellis to be running point.

Turner just isn't strong enough yet to compete with players like TT, and he's not consistent with his shot. Hopefully that changes over the summer.

I think those days are over.

Monta is a better wing guard than he is a lead guard..and Brooks is a tiny shooting guard..

...We've got a chance...unless the Cavs shoots 54% in every game like they did in game 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think those days are over.

Monta is a better wing guard than he is a lead guard..and Brooks is a tiny shooting guard..

...We've got a chance...unless the Cavs shoots 54% in every game like they did in game 1

I still think we get swept to be honest. I can see the Cavs shooting over 50% if we keep playing the awful defense we saw in game 1. And I don't see PG shooting as good as he did in game 1 in every game.

32 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

i guess that highlights one of the problems with this team.  lance is our best back up point guard

he is a bit of an awkward fit anywhere, to me he seems like a shooting guard that doesnt shoot the three well.  he makes up for it with great passing skills and he can score in the paint

i think our best 5 are teague, lance, PG, young and turner.  that line up might actually have the offensive firepower we need to win this series, but defense is a problem and it leaves us with no backup PG

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Once he gets a jump shot, he will be unstoppable..

'He's a 6-foot-11 Paul George

I think with a jump shot, he's better than Paul George. Giannis can do everything on a basketball court. His vision, athleticism and prowess is just outstanding

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think our best 5 are teague, lance, PG, young and turner.  that line up might actually have the offensive firepower we need to win this series, but defense is a problem and it leaves us with no backup PG

I agree that's our finishing 5...but since it isn't the starting 5..we can stagger when Teague and Lance are on the curt together..

The task for next season is to find Lance a 3-point shot.   The Cavs were giving him the '3' and they will all series

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I think with a jump shot, he's better than Paul George. Giannis can do everything on a basketball court. His vision, athleticism and prowess is just outstanding

The 'with a jump shot' thing is very. very big.

Toronto's going to start walling him out of the lane and forcing him to shoot.

He is the evolution of ball, though..PG's strength is that he is a 6-9 shooting guard when he needs to be.

Giannis is a a 6-foot-11 guard...Once he gets a 35% 3-shot..he's Durant with better 'D'

I don't think its an overstatement to say he could be MVP by his late 20s

26 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I still think we get swept to be honest. I can see the Cavs shooting over 50% if we keep playing the awful defense we saw in game 1. And I don't see PG shooting as good as he did in game 1 in every game.

I don't see them sweeping us. They will obviously win the series, but the cavs are not as good as they were last year. Hell, we nearly beat them yesterday. We will win 1 or 2 against them. 

I don't think the Celtics have had good luck in game 1's recently, but man if they don't win game 2 they could be in danger of losing to the 8th seed. Ouch. I wanted to see Boston at least win a playoff series or even two this year. It's game 2......or else IMO. But, I don't trust Chicago either.

Isaiah did the best he could, he looked exhausted which is understandable considering the news. I saw Wade talking to him at one point I think asking how he was. 

My problem with the Celtics all year is they sort of to me lucked into the first seed (never saw this coming weeks ago) and they still IMO need another piece or two added in. No excuse IMO for the Cavs not to have gotten the first seed but they didn't seem to want it. 

Pacers would have had a much easier time with Boston over Cleveland.

28 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bulls up 5 late....97-92....Wade and Jimmy Butler are hard core...

...they just let Marcus Smart shoot and double team Isiah

Sometimes I look at the Bulls roster and they do have some serious shooting talent. I used to wonder why they fell all the way to the 8th seed but I didn't pay attention to them closely all  year at all.

I think everyone would rather play Boston over Lebron James and his side kicks who can sometimes score at will. I still maintain the Celtics were a year away from contending but somehow they fell into the first seed. They are good, but I often think they are still a year away. If Boston can win this series I think they could make a run but so far not looking so good.......:( I want them to win for Isaiah Thomas too.:(

As much as I do pick on the Cavs defensively........sometimes I think it is skewed with stats due to how much they rested this year. So I am kind of torn here on that and time will tell with their defense for me.

The bench of the Cavs does worry me down the road though.

Pacers got a lethal first round opponent so if they can win game 2 or 3 it would be a miracle.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think everyone would rather play Boston over Lebron James and his side kicks who can sometimes score at will. I still maintain the Celtics were a year away from contending but somehow they fell into the first seed. They are good, but I often think they are still a year away. If Boston can win this series I think they could make a run but so far not looking so good.......:( I want them to win for Isaiah Thomas too.:(

As much as I do pick on the Cavs defensively........sometimes I think it is skewed with stats due to how much they rested this year. So I am kind of torn here on that and time will tell with their defense for me.

Pacers got a lethal first round opponent so if they can win game 2 or 3 it would be a miracle.

Pacers got the worst draw in the East going against LeBron in Round 1, all I can do is laugh about it. I think they could've beat Boston or Toronto in my honest opinion. Not sure about Washington, Washington is for real.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Are you ready for Cavs vs Warriors again lmao. It's coming unless a serious injury happens to either team. Spurs are Very Good but I don't see them beating the Warriors, they could be the 1 team to do it but I doubt it. Washington is the 1 team in the East to give the LeBron's a scare.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you ready for Cavs vs Warriors again lmao. It's coming unless a serious injury happens to either team. Spurs are Very Good but I don't see them beating the Warriors, they could be the 1 team to do it but I doubt it. Washington is the 1 team in the East to give the LeBron's a scare.

I don't think we have ever had the same finals 3 years in a row in history have we? Hmmm.........

No I am not ready for that yet, but I will say this, Durant has had horrible luck vs. Lebron James.

I would pick the Warriors in 6 or 7 right now, but I will say the same thing I said last year during the finals when the Cavs were down 3-1 and started to come back. Don't EVER count out a team with Lebron James on it to win games they should not win. So don't bet money on it either is what I say since having Lebron is like having an all time great QB on your team.

But, still I have had reservations on the Cavs this year, something about them has been off to me .Mostly those 4th quarter meltdowns they have. But, those might not happen as much in the playoffs with Big Daddy Lebron always playing.

Spurs? Hard to say. Spurs biggest obstacle was always OKC........Not sure the Spurs have enough firepower. They have the coaching and brains but man oh man......but they can't be counted out thats for sure.

Washington? Yeah they might be able to give the Cavs a long series perhaps but not win with Lebron having home court.

Ugh do I have to seriously deal with the Warriors jump shooting parade AGAIN vs. Cleveland and then sit and hope that the Cavs can go off and Lebron has his "Lebron game" and Kyrie hits the miracle shots? It's groundhog day........

You KNOW it tortures me every time the Cavs play the Warriors. lmao OMG..........:panic: Playing the Warriors is like playing a group of Olympic jump shooters on speed.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If it ends up Spurs vs Washington I would be happy actually.

I am down with that. It would be a low key easy finals to sit back and watch. 

Likely will never happen though.

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't think we have ever had the same finals 3 years in a row in history have we? Hmmm.........

No I am not ready for that yet, but I will say this, Durant has had horrible luck vs. Lebron James.

I would pick the Warriors in 6 or 7 right now, but I will say the same thing I said last year during the finals when the Cavs were down 3-1 and started to come back. Don't EVER count out a team with Lebron James on it to win games they should not win. So don't bet money on it either is what I say since having Lebron is like having an all time great QB on your team.

But, still I have had reservations on the Cavs this year, something about them has been off to me .Mostly those 4th quarter meltdowns they have. But, those might not happen as much in the playoffs with Big Daddy Lebron always playing.

Spurs? Hard to say. Spurs biggest obstacle was always OKC........Not sure the Spurs have enough firepower. They have the coaching and brains but man oh man......but they can't be counted out thats for sure.

Washington? Yeah they might be able to give the Cavs a long series perhaps but not win with Lebron having home court.

Ugh do I have to seriously deal with the Warriors jump shooting parade AGAIN vs. Cleveland and then sit and hope that the Cavs can go off and Lebron has his "Lebron game" and Kyrie hits the miracle shots? It's groundhog day........

You KNOW it tortures me every time the Cavs play the Warriors. lmao OMG..........:panic: Playing the Warriors is like playing a group of Olympic jump shooters on speed.

It hasn't ever happened = teams playing 3 years in a row vs each other in the Finals. I would go with the Warriors as well but I know how Great LeBron is :Cry:so I never count him out of any series. Warriors should beat them but I said last year lmao 

Cavs/Spurs would worry me too. Cavs have had issues with them at times and the Spurs are like the Patriots and sneaky smart.

Honestly I am going to worry this year.......this isn't a postseason I am as confident in the Cavs in. They are great, but I worry........

I am not even a real Cavs fan and I get worried every year about something Cleveland related due to Lebron.:panic:It's kinda pathetic.

I miss Kobe though. He is my all time favorite. But, Kobe don't seem to miss basketball either based on interviews even though Magic has tried to get him to be part of the Lakers.

Speaking of the Lakers, Magic Johnson is going to bring SEXY BACK to L.A.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It hasn't never happened = teams playing 3 years in a row vs each other in the Finals. I would go with the Warriors as well but I know how Great LeBron is :Cry:so I never count him out of any series. Warriors should beat them but I said last year lmao 

Cavs seem their best vs. the Warriors when they are in a big big hole........

I would favor the Warriors easily to win it all right now but man we are jumping the gun here tonight too just after one game of the first series. lmao 

Just now, Jules said:

Cavs seem their best vs. the Warriors when they are in a big big hole........

I would favor the Warriors easily to win it all right now but man we are jumping the gun here tonight too just after one game of the first series. lmao 

but I predicted it before the season back in October :lol:. We really don't know yet but the odds say it will happen. Cavs will probably beat Indy by 10 in Game 2. Pacers had their chance in Game 1 to steal one in Cleveland. I do think Pacers could win 1, maybe both in Indy but that is about it.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

but I predicted it before the season back in October :lol:. We really don't know yet but the odds say it will happen. Cavs will probably beat Indy by 10 in Game 2. Pacers had their chance in Game 1 to steal one in Cleveland. I do think Pacers could win 1, maybe both in Indy but that is about it.

Picking the Warriors to win it all though is not too tough, lmao . No offense. It's like saying the Patriots will host the AFC title game next year. 

I have to head to bed soon but man I am kinda depressed over the Celtics. I hope they win game 2. I don't want to see the first seed go down like this and especially considering the state of Isaiah. Ugh.

Pacers had a GREAT chance to steal game 1 since the Cavs were sluggish too coming off 2 months of rest. lmao Maybe the Pacers can win game 2 but at the very least the Pacers have a shot in Indy.

Good Night guys! Happy Easter.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jules I will say this if LeBron wins this Championship and he beats a team with Curry, Thompson, Green, and Durant without HCA again. I will never bash him again and put him in my Top 5. That would be legendary stuff. That would be unreal IMO.

I totally agree. If Lebron won it all this year then WHOA.