Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the Cavs haven't played well since March began, does anyone think they wont win the East? IMO I think Washington is the only team that can really give them a scare as in take them 7. They have the Guard play to do it. Wall and Beal are a deadly duo and Gortat is a beast inside. Irving would struggle against a team like that IMO. I like their Roster better than the Celtics and the tragedy that just happened with Thomas's sister was just awful. I am not sure how the Celtics will even play now? I don't trust the Raptors at all to win any big series. They just got blown off the court in Game 1 to the Bucks at home. The Pacers just need to add 1 more All-Star to complement PG next season, they do that then the Pacers can be taken serious. He just doesn't have enough help and I am not a fan of McMillan either. I would like to see him go but that wont happen after 1 season. I can still see the Pacers winning a game or 2 and not getting embarrassed but they don't have the guns to take down the Cavs. In the West we all know it will come down to the Warriors and Spurs don't we? I say Warriors in 7 there. The Warriors have an easy path to the WCFinals, Spurs may have to beat the Rockets just to get there.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about them Jazz! Finally something goes great today sports wise for me. I cant stand the Clippers as David Stern basically coddled them with CP3 and they have been CavsWest regarding Payroll/they don't have one haha  and just sign whoever they want. The talent the Clippers have had over the last 5 years is downright ridiculous and they still don't win. Jazz have HCA now where they have always been unreal in the Playoffs! and the team that wins Game 1 wins 77% of the time. Go Hayward, Go Jazz.

and if the Clippers lose..JJ Reddick could come to Indy!

watching the Game 1 replay, I understand Jeff Teague trying to guard LBJ.

If we put PG on LeBron, the Cavs will run him through multiple screens....wearing him down.

Its the same reason the Cavs have JR guarding Paul...

The 1-3 screen (point guard vs. small forward) is especially tough to defend....because if we have Teague guard Kyrie Irving, the Cavs still run the '1-3' screen and get LBJ on Teague anyway..

..I'd use Teague and Lance against LBJ and just have everyone else stay with the shooters...

At the other end, Myles Turner and CJ Miles have to make some shots.....it almost that simple.

If you go by the last 2 meetings we can beat this team

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thompson is so underrated, he does a lot of their dirty work. Great Rebounder and is bulky.

I agree. Hes the kind of center the Pacers need. I like Turner but hes not center material IMO. He would be much better as a PF, with someone like Thompson at C. 

LeBron plays with Irving, Love, Korver, Smith, Thompson, DWill, and Frye. Take LeBron off and insert PG, I would have the utmost confidence that the Pacers could win the East. If they didn't they would at least make the ECFinals at worse and barley lose. PG is clutch and always performs Very Good in the Playoffs, sometimes Great. If he had players like Irving and Love to help him it would be fun to watch. LeBron is better than PG and one of the best ever but PG could make the Finals with LeBron's roster. He took LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Allen 7 games in 2013 with West, Lance, and Hibbert as his side kicks. Don't get me wrong those 3 players PG had were Good, I loved West but West wasn't even better than Bosh. Bosh will make the HOFame IMO, not first ballot but he will get in. Ray Allen was deadly from 3 as well. We still took them 7 in the East Finals.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd definitely be down for Lopez, Bird seemed awfully intrigued by Okafor though. I wonder if he makes another run at him.

The good news: Okafor is 21

The bad news: he cant shoot from any distance...

I'm not against it...He's low cost and he can learn..and Turner-Okafor would be a long term  foundation

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually like Okafor, he is young and a solid Offensive player. He would be my Center and I would put Myles at PF. I like Lopez as well.

Okafor cant shoot from distance..and he has to learn....

.....there wont be any centers who cant shoot 3s soon

Lopez learned.

You guys see how much Marc Gasol has changed his game

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Washington taking game 1 from Atlanta.

Hawks have a chance but Dwight Howard's got to bring more to the table than a napkin..

...If he cant handle Gortat or at least match him...Hawks are just to small to win any games here

Love Washington's Roster, if you scroll up and read my rants haha. I think they are the 1 team in the East that can scare the LeBron's.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Wizards are legit. John Wall is finally proving he's an elite PG in this league. It's interesting because the 2nd round could be between the two teams that have a legitimate chance of beating Baby Bron Bron

Washington has 2 Guards that average 23 Points a game and Gortat is no joke down low. They also are very athletic with guys like Porter that can give LeBron problems. I think they win this series and then beat the Celtics as well.

59 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd definitely be down for Lopez, Bird seemed awfully intrigued by Okafor though. I wonder if he makes another run at him.

I would love Lopez, he wouldn't help our rebounding that much, but he's such a talented scorer and wouldn't get bullied as much as Turner.

Teague

Stephenson

George

Turner

Lopez

That's a pretty damn talented starting 5.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Washington has 2 Guards that average 23 Points a game and Gortat is no joke down low. They also are very athletic with guys like Porter that can give LeBron problems. I think they win this series and then beat the Celtics as well.

I wouldn't underrate the Celtics. I know the Wizards are good but the Celtics are the top seed for a reason. And it's only a matter of time before they break through

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I wouldn't underrate the Celtics. I know the Wizards are good but the Celtics are the top seed for a reason. And it's only a matter of time before they break through

I think the Celtics are Very Good, Thomas is Great, Stevens is a Very Good Coach as well. I just think Washington's team from top to bottom is a tad better. Washington started off the season really slow otherwise their record would be better. Brooks has also Coached a team to the Finals when he took OKC there in 2012. That was the only time Westbrook/Durant made it.

5 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

I would love Lopez, he wouldn't help our rebounding that much, but he's such a talented scorer and wouldn't get bullied as much as Turner.

Teague

Stephenson

George

Turner

Lopez

It's very talented. And with where the Pacers are right now, what do they have to lose? You have to do anything to make this team a contender. If not, Pacers can kiss PG goodbye

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's assuming..Boston beats the Bulls, right

1 hour ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Teague

Stephenson

George

Turner

Lopez

That would leave (assuming Monta and Big Al are not back, we'd have to match salaries) Thad Young, CJ Miles, Serafin, Glenn Robinson, LaVoy Allen and A. Brooks or Joe Young on the bench.

I'd ride with that team