Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Lowry and DeRozan are known for choking in the playoffs. I had Bucks in 6.

That was a miserable showing..Lowry almost wasnt on the floor.

Here's a series where the numbers (Toronto has dominated Milwaukee) lie.

...You may be right...On the floor, that looks like a horrible matchup for Toronto

These are my predictions I made BEFORE these games today

East:

Celtics over Bulls in 5.

Cavs over Pacers in 4.

Bucks over Raptors in 6.

Wizards over Hawks in 7.

West:

Warriors over Blazers in 5

Spurs over Grizzlies in 7.

Rockets over Thunder in 6.

Jazz over Clippers in 6.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Hard loss.....with Jake pitching..

.....its so early..but I don't like to see the Pirates winning series in Chicago..

I wasnt able to watch either ...could have been a great day all around

Yeah the Cubs bullpen blew the game. Strop gave up a 3 homer that put the Pirates up. If not for that, Jake would've got the win. Regarding the Pacers, PG was really upset he didn't get the last shot but it was great strategy for LeBron to double him. I don't think PG expected that hence the pass to Miles.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

These are my predictions I made BEFORE these games today

East:

Celtics over Bulls in 5.

Cavs over Pacers in 4.

Bucks over Raptors in 6.

Wizards over Hawks in 7.

West:

Warriors over Blazers in 5

Spurs over Grizzlies in 7.

Rockets over Thunder in 6.

Jazz over Clippers in 6.

I think we (Indy) will push the Cavs to a 7th game.

I think the Bulls will make Boston go 6 games..but will lose

I think GSW sweeps Portland

I would have predicted Toronto over Milwaukee in 5......

I also like Utah over the Clippers..

,,and I like a San Antonio sweep over Memphis in the 'Gasol Bowl'

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What the hell happen to the Raptors?

Did you see how Lowry played against us last year? Or how both DeRozan and Lowry played in playoff games in the past? They are both too timid during this time especially early in the series. And Giannis isn't scared of anything.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Did you see how Lowry played against us last year? Or how both DeRozan and Lowry played in playoff games in the past? They are both too timid during this time especially early in the series. And Giannis isn't scared of anything.

Oh I think they are real beatable, we had them beat last season and just blew it. I figured they would take care of the Bucks though.

Losing to LeBron teams the way we do is really heartbreaking. What I mean by that, Paul George teams always play his teams pretty well but we always find ways to lose certain games to LeBron in every series in heartbreaking fashion. I still cant get Game 1 out of mind of the 2013 ECFinals when LeBron beat us at the buzzer. We won Game 2 of that series in Miami. Today brought that memory again because we lost by 1 point in a Game 1. LeBron's teams have never beat Paul George teams in less than 6 games either but we always find a way to lose when we play him.

9 minutes ago, MTC said:

Nate McMillan had a bad game. Probably would have won Game 1 if Vogel was still the coach.

(Yes, I'm still salty about the Vogel firing.)

I like him.but so many wanted him gone.

..and obviously, we also win if CJ makes a shot he makes half the time

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I think they are real beatable, we had them beat last season and just blew it. I figured they would take care of the Bucks though.

It'll be up to Lowry and DeRozan to decide if thy want to show up. Giannis is going to show up regardless. 

Also I like the Bucks bench a lot more and Brogdan is good as well.

11 minutes ago, MTC said:

I don't like them at all. How they acted against Lance was disgraceful. I hope the Bucks sweep them.

I don't get it...did the Raptors ever even play against Lance Stephenson on any team, in any playoff series??

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Losing to LeBron teams the way do is really heartbreaking. What I mean by that, Paul George teams always play his teams pretty well but we always find ways to lose certain games to LeBron in every series in heartbreaking fashion. I still cant get Game 1 out of mind of the 2013 ECFinals when LeBron beat us at the buzzer. We won Game 2 of that series in Miami. Today brought that memory again because we lost by 1 point in a Game 1. LeBron's teams have never beat Paul George teams in less than 6 games either but we always find a way to lose when we play him.

Cavs shot 54% and I dont think they will do that again..

CJ only scored 5 and Myles Turner didn't do much better.

Myles and Miles....we need more

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

It'll be up to Lowry and DeRozan to decide if thy want to show up. Giannis is going to show up regardless. 

Also I like the Bucks bench a lot more and Brogdan is good as well.

Milwaukee usually doenst shoot well from distance..today they didn't have to

Paul George needs more help. We are wasting away a Top 10 player in the league (he is Top 15 at worse). He has been sensational all month in April and pretty much matched LeBron today. LeBron had 32/13/6, George had 29/6/6 but George was 6-8 from 3, LeBron only made 2 3's so George did his job. LeBron's play making was flawless today, that was the main thing that killed us.

Rudy Gobert gets injured for the Jazz in the 1st 15 seconds and the Jazz are still tied at Halftime. Clippers choke every year, they will probably win this series but I wouldn't even bet on that, after that they are toast though. Warriors will destroy them in Round 2. I would love to see a Clippers/Raptors Finals, it would be the Finals of who wants to choke more? Both teams could be in a Game 7 tied and both would go like 0-15 from the field in the 4thQ lmao.

My goodness Joe Johnson just turned back the clock tonight! Game winning shot because the Clippers shot too early on their last possession. They are so unlucky. I still expect them to win as Johnson and Diaw won't play like this again this series and it looks like Gobert will be out and Favors may be out as well.

How about them Jazz! Finally something goes great today sports wise for me. I cant stand the Clippers as David Stern basically coddled them with CP3 and they have been CavsWest regarding Payroll/they don't have one haha  and just sign whoever they want. The talent the Clippers have had over the last 5 years is downright ridiculous and they still don't win. Jazz have HCA now where they have always been unreal in the Playoffs! and the team that wins Game 1 wins 77% of the time. Go Hayward, Go Jazz.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is how loaded the Cavs are. Imagine If PG played with I.Thomas or John Wall? LeBron has Irving so it would only be fair right if PG had Thomas or Wall? LeBron even has Love who is a Rebounding machine that can shoot 3's lmao. Love would be the Pacers 2nd best player if he played for us.

Loaded? Yes they can score a ton but mostly assuming Big Daddy Lebron is playing to guide his kids. But they can't stop a rest home for weeks now on end defensively outside of a few games. I am still waiting to see the Cavs get some good sized lead going into the 4th and HOLD the damn lead.

Pacers had a good shot to win this game, sadly they blew it. But, still a good showing for them on the road and I have to think the Pacers are due to beat the Cavs sometime soon again. At least in Indy.

In other NBA news looks like the Raptors crapped the bed, they need to win game 2 or else they in big trouble. But, the Bucks are sneaky IMO and often over looked.

And the Clippers are in playoff form blowing games again.

And the Spurs win but I didn't watch this one and I assumed they would win anyway.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Loaded? Yes they can score a ton but mostly assuming Big Daddy Lebron is playing to guide his kids. But they can't stop a rest home for weeks now on end defensively outside of a few games. I am still waiting to see the Cavs get some good sized lead going into the 4th and HOLD the damn lead.

Pacers had a good shot to win this game, sadly they blew it. But, still a good showing for them on the road and I have to think the Pacers are due to beat the Cavs sometime soon again. At least in Indy.

In other NBA news looks like the Raptors crapped the bed, they need to win game 2 or else they in big trouble. But, the Bucks are sneaky IMO and often over looked.

And the Clippers are in playoff form blowing games again.

And the Spurs win but I didn't watch this one and I assumed they would win anyway.

The Cavs are loaded. I wish for once you could just put your LeBron love to rest and admit he is surrounded by tons of talent. Diehard Cavs fans even think he is and Heat fans thought they had some of the best teams ever. I at least put my hate for him to rest and admit he's a Top 10 player of all-time and the best player today. Yes LeBron is the best player in the league but he gets to play with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love like he played with Wade and Bosh and Allen in Miami - who were loaded too. He has played with great talent during this 7 year run he's had. How can you even dispute that? PG hasn't played with near the talent LeBron has had. Anyway it's going to be the Cavs vs Warriors in the Finals like I predicted at the beginning of the season. The Warriors are the only team with more talent than the Cavs only because they added Durant, otherwise the Cavs would Repeat IMO. Luckily for the Warriors, Durant's injury wasn't season ending and he looked great in his final game vs LA scoring 29 on 11-16 shooting. + they have HCA again.

*I really don't know what else a Cavs fan/LeBron fan could want? They are 34,000,000 dollars over the Cap and have added guys like Kyle Korver, D. Will, etc.. They even added Bogut but got unlucky there.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Horrible news. The sister of Isaiah Thomas died today in a car wreck.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/15/isaiah-thomas-sister-killed-one-car-wreck

:(

RIP and my thoughts are out to Isaiah Thomas and his family on Easter weekend.

Yeah this is terrible, my condolences go out to Thomas. I am not sure how this will affect him either or the Celtics moving forward. Just really awful!