Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do too. I think we could've beat Boston too. We probably wont beat the Cavs but I say we go 6 with them. It would be great if we could steal Game 1!

You're giving the Bulls way to much credit lol.  As a die hard Bulls fan my heart says they will win in 6 but my head says the Celtics will win in 5 or 6.  The Celtics are just one of those teams that play extremely well together and they defend.  They got that #1 seed for a reason.  If the Bulls can shut down Thomas(which I think Butler will guard him at times) then they have a shot to win a few games but this Bulls team has been way to inconsistent to think they'll knock off the C's in a seven game series.  I hope your right though!  I would love to be wrong!  I'll be watching that series, the Pacers series, the Thunder series and the Warriors series closely.  I am not really interested in the others lol.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Paul George basically just said he deserves to be on an all-NBA team because he had to carry the team to the playoffs... I 100% agree.

Butler had Wade most of the year and finished lower in the conference. He should get in over him.

He also said that because he knows he's in for a huge pay day if he makes the All NBA team lol

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Nets ought to be fined $1 million dollars,

.......on the final night of the season...with a 20-61 record..they rested 6 starters to get them healthy for the offseason...

......that's embarrassing to the sport

I think any team that just "rests" players should be fined but I get what you're saying with a 20-60 team lol.  I get all the minutes, wear and tear etc but that's what their paid to do unless they are injured.  The real loser in that situation is the fans.  Not so much for the Nets but for teams like the Cavs, Spurs, Warriors etc. 

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You're giving the Bulls way to much credit lol.  As a die hard Bulls fan my heart says they will win in 6 but my head says the Celtics will win in 5 or 6.  The Celtics are just one of those teams that play extremely well together and they defend.  They got that #1 seed for a reason.  If the Bulls can shut down Thomas(which I think Butler will guard him at times) then they have a shot to win a few games but this Bulls team has been way to inconsistent to think they'll knock off the C's in a seven game series.  I hope your right though!  I would love to be wrong!  I'll be watching that series, the Pacers series, the Thunder series and the Warriors series closely.  I am not really interested in the others lol.

Yeah I predict the Celtics in 6 but you never know.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I look at all of these matchups and usually I always pick at least 1 lower seed winning a series in Round 1. I just don't see it this season. Maybe the Jazz can knock off the Clippers? I doubt it though, Clippers do always choke but I think they get to Round 2 before folding. In the East the Celtics aren't losing to the Bulls, we aren't beating the Cavs, Bucks aren't beating the Raptors, and Hawks aren't beating the Wizards IMO's. I see each series going like this:

East

Celtics over Bulls 4-2

Cavs over Pacers 4-2, I think we take 2 from them

Raptors over Bucks 4-1, Raptors got a pretty easy draw. Greek Freak is all the Bucks have

Wizards over Hawks 4-2

West

Warriors over Blazers 4-0, I honestly don't see the Blazers winning 1 game

Spurs over Grizzlies 4-2

Rockets over Thunder 4-3, this will be the best series in Round 1

Clippers over Jazz 4-3, another exciting 7 game series IMO

-Usually a lower seed or couple of them pull upsets off but I don't see it in either conference this season.

Since this is on a different page I thought I would quote it here.

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Bucks take one game.. game 3.. Blazers take game 3 if Lillard and McCollum go off, if not Sweep.

We'll see.  I don't know if the Blazers big man will be back in time to play or not.  If he plays I think they win at least one regardless.  If not, it's going to be tough.  I do think the Bucks will win 2.  Only time will tell.

There's a very long article about Lance Stephenson's return to the Pacers on the team web site.

Its very, very interesting..

Bird signed Lance to a 3-year deal even though Lance offered to play for the minimum...

Despite what we've heard, Larry and Lance have talked frequently in the last 3 years and Lance has always wanted to come back since he left Charlotte

One more thing: Lance is playing with an ankle injury and it less than 100%...

The team thinks he'll return to 100% next season and he'll get back to top form..

LeBron James trying to make the Finals 7 straight years. He has made it 6 straight years. I think that is a GREAT accomplishment but here comes my hater side lmao. = He is 3-4 in Finals and does anyone think he makes 6 straight Finals if he was in the West? The answer is NO but ESPN and LeBron lovers talk about this like crazy. While a GREAT accomplishment, he would've been beat many times by either the Spurs or Warriors in the West as proven in the Finals. People can inflate a stat to their liking and run with it but you have to look at the whole picture when bragging about an accomplishment. He simply isn't there 6 years in a row if he plays for a team in the West other than the Spurs or Warriors. The Pacers have been the best team he's ever played in the Eastern Finals = 2013 but they weren't even near as talented as the Heat were. Celtics were old in 2012 and the other teams have been a joke in the East that LeBron has ran through. Like I said, look at the whole picture like when people say Peyton beat Rex Grossman to win his SB in Indy, that is the only reason why he won, the haters say. Yet he beat Tom Brady in the AFC Title Game which gets ignored by Peyton haters to fit their narrative. Michael Jordan from 1991-1993 beat everyone in the East and West, same for 1996-1998 = 6-0 in Finals. I had Magic Johnson as the GOAT up until Jordan beat Stockton and Malone 2 years in a row and he got his 6th Championship. Those Utah teams would've toy'd with most teams today. Jordan also beat a Great Indy team in 1998 with Reggie Miller.

Honestly though, I am mad MAD curious to see if this Cavs team can get it together. The Pacers have been very good lately.........

Most (including Vegas betting) are expecting the Cavs to regroup and flip the switch and win the East. Which may happen due to the Lebron factor. But.........my God. I can't get over how bad the Cavs have been. Even when not resting, that team has had some HORRIBLE 4TH quarter meltdowns.

Most Lebron teams were at the top of the league in defense. Not this one, it's lingered in the low 20's range all year. 

I am just completely lost on the Cavs.:dunno: I am a Lebron fan too and I don't even know what is going on. 

I still think the team of the future in the east is Boston though. Nobody called them to get the first seed and they have the Nets pick and I don't know about their cap situation but they did try to get Durant so I have to think they have money to spend.

I hate the Patriots but I always liked the Celtics. Celtics and Lakers are just those fun historical teams I get giddy over. I am more pro Lakers though clearly (duh). 

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Honestly though, I am mad MAD curious to see if this Cavs team can get it together. The Pacers have been very good lately.........

Most (including Vegas betting) are expecting the Cavs to regroup and flip the switch and win the East. Which may happen due to the Lebron factor. But.........my God. I can't get over how bad the Cavs have been. Even when not resting, that team has had some HORRIBLE 4TH quarter meltdowns.

Most Lebron teams were at the top of the league in defense. Not this one, it's lingered in the low 20's range all year. 

I am just completely lost on the Cavs.:dunno: I am a Lebron fan too and I don't even know what is going on. 

I still think the team of the future in the east is Boston though. Nobody called them to get the first seed and they have the Nets pick and I don't know about their cap situation but they did try to get Durant so I have to think they have money to spend.

I hate the Patriots but I always liked the Celtics. Celtics and Lakers are just those fun historical teams I get giddy over. I am more pro Lakers though clearly (duh). 

Honestly I don't see anyone in the East knocking LeBron off. Nobody is ready yet. Yes he is that Great for as much as I bash him. I only bash him because his fans and the media in general say he is the GOAT which to me is funny but he is great/Top 10 of all-time IMO. Cant be the GOAT at 3-4 in the Finals when you have a player like Jordan 6-0. If that is the case Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady if you throw Finals/SB records out the window but one cant just do that - it's a criteria. The Celtics will find a way to lose to them in the Conference Finals in probably 7 games even with HCA. If they play the Wizards or Raptors, same thing they will pull it out in 7 for sure there because they are at home. They will beat Indy in 5 or 6. I have it in 6 but that is even wishful thinking but I think highly of Paul George and don't see a sweep. When it comes to the Cavs playing the Warriors I really don't see them having much of a chance after what happened last year and now that they have added Durant. I am just being realistic there. The Cavs best bet is too hope the Warriors get upset and they play a slower team like the Spurs or a team like the Rockets that has never been there before with Harden's group. I think the Cavs would beat the Rockets or Clippers in a series anyway.

This game today has really been the story of our season. We have lost a bunch of close games and once again we do. We needed this game to have even a chance in the series. This would've put the Cavs on their heels. PG played pretty solid and played LeBron evenly. Cavs actually look pretty beatable but I don't think we have enough to get it done. When they play a team like Washington, Toronto, or Boston that could get real interesting. I think the West wins the NBA Title this season anyway, either Warriors or Spurs.

19 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

PG should have had the last shot.

Just saw the ending.....CJ could have gotten the ball back to Paul..

.....but I cant complain about CJ Miles shooting a jump shot for the win

to all..did we play well enough to win?...Cavs missed 13 free throws...

Lance obviously gives them problems..

Myles Turner still struggling a little?  I don't know..I just saw the end.

My 1st impression?..we missed a golden opportunity we might not get in game 2

31 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Good game from LeBron....32 points, 13 assists, 3 steals...Cavs are going to need to him to keep playing at a high level to make it out of the East. It's not going to be easy with that bad defense. 

we need to make him score 32 OR get 13 assists../not both..

......I'd stay with the shooters and dare LBJ to beat us largely by himself.

Obviously he can do that.....but we have to cut down his hookups