Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I know the Pacers don't hold the tie breaker against the Bulls and Heat.  I'm assuming they don't hold the tie breaker against the Bucks if the Bucks lose?????

You are correct. We have to win or we are out. Miami is up big and so is Chicago. We have to win. We are up 76-59 so its looking good right now. We will be stuck playing LeBron though in Round 1!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are correct. We have to win or we are out. Miami is up big and so is Chicago. We have to win. We are up 76-59 so its looking good right now. We will be stuck playing LeBron though in Round 1!

Yep :/

Heck if they can play every game like the last double OT game I'll take it.  Korver kills the Pacers though and he was out.  He's been the Pacers nemesis when they play the Cavs.

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Heck if they can play every game like the last double OT game I'll take it.  Korver kills the Pacers though and he was out.  He's been the Pacers nemesis when they play the Cavs.

It's not just him, we just can't defend the three. When he was out JR Smith had six threes.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

It's so #@)@) annoying.  Going from what was a good defensive team to an absolutely atrocious team on the D side.

The game has changed a little...We defend the paint very well and Myles protects the rim..

..But 3-shooting teams launch 25-35 3s a game ... we don't handle that well and we only have 3 or 4 3-shooters.

If Lance could shoot 3s, he'd be all-NBA

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I honestly think we can take them 6 at least and make it fun to watch. Pacers have played their best Basketball over the last 2 weeks. Cavs have LeBron though and guys that just drill 3's like Korver and JR. Irving is a handful so I would put Lance on him as much as possible and just let PG and Bron duke it out. We will need guys like CJ Miles to make 3's and Myles Turner to take advantage of their suspect Big's to make this competitive. Turner has to outplay Love and he can IMO. Teague has to play his best ball as well, meaning not Turning it over and hitting timely shots.  

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think we can take them 6 at least and make it fun to watch. Pacers have played their best Basketball over the last 2 weeks. Cavs have LeBron though and guys that just drill 3's like Korver and JR. Irving is a handful so I would put Lance on him as much as possible and just let PG and Bron duke it out. We will need guys like CJ Miles to make 3's and Myles Turner to take advantage of their suspect Big's to make this competitive. Turner has to outplay Love and he can IMO. Teague has to play his best ball as well, meaning not Turning it over and hitting timely shots.  

I think the Bulls..could beat Boston..if Rondo, Wade and Butler are healthy.

They match up well

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Lance still doesnt get a lot of calls, doe s he?

Yeah it seems like the league is just flat out biased against him though he makes some mind boggling decisions.  I like him being back though I think he provides a spark should I say?

At least we end up with a winning record which I predicted, if we didn't I would've looked really funny. How fitting we end up playing my buddy LeBron though in Round 1, figures but at least we have Lance now to make it entertaining. PG is playing like a Top 10 player too. We need to steal Game 1! Put them behind the 8 ball by doing that, their 3's wont be going in so easily if they feel pressure.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least we end up with a winning record which I predicted, if we didn't I would've looked really funny. How fitting we end up playing my buddy LeBron though in Round 1, figures but at least we have Lance now to make it entertaining. PG is playing like a Top 10 player too. We need to steal Game 1! Put them behind the 8 ball by doing that, their 3's wont be going in so easily if they feel pressure.

I admit I thought we'd win 45-50....

But I honestly think we match up with the Cavs better than we do against Toronto or Washington.

If its Indy-Cleveland, this is going prime time..I;d guess Saturday ngiht

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I admit I thought we'd win 45-50....

But I honestly think we match up with the Cavs better than we do against Toronto or Washington.

If its Indy-Cleveland, this is going prime time..I;d guess Saturday ngiht

I had us winning 55 at the beginning LOL but about a month ago I posted we would end up above .500 when a lot of people was doubting it.