MTC

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

I'm done with this team if they lose tonight. If we can't take advantage of this current stretch we are not making the playoffs.

Paul George playing soft on offense and letting Carmelo do whatever he wants on defense. What the hell? Why are you double teaming the point guard leaving Melo wide open???

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we are down 7 now. This is looks over. McMillan's rotations are very questionable.

I wish we'd go deeper in the bench when nobody can make a shot..

...we need a shooter on the 2nd team.

we need a miracle here

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao they have no name guys making 3's. Same ol story on the road. Game over, Knicks win.

same story indeed...up 10 early...lost late.....bad loss..maybe the worst of the year

up on Charlotte 75-58 after 3 quarters.I cant explain it..

..lose to the Knicks..and up 17 on Charlotte

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great bounce back tonight. We smoked Charlotte. PG with 39!

Monta Ellis played well...good defense on Kemba..

again...I cannot explain why we play so much better at home..not this much...I don't get it

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Monta Ellis played well...good defense on Kemba..

again...I cannot explain why we play so much better at home..not this much...I don't get it

I don't understand it either. No way we should've lost to NY. Great game tonight though.

Can't stand this team man. We blow out the Hornets and not the Knicks?? We cannot play on the road to save our lives for some reason.

You have Toronto at their place on Sunday. Paul George played great there in the playoffs last season but we'll probably get blown out with our past road performances being examples.

I've brought this up before and its gets dismissed..

..but no one has ever adequately explained why NBA teams..especially the Pacers. play so much better at home than on the road..

I know the fans cheer for you....and the rims are familiar...but these are pros..

..are refs intimidated by the home crowd? Not NBA refs, I wouldn't think so.

We are a veteran team. I'm not asking whether there is an 'excuse' for it or not.

I really wonder what the reason is.

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I've brought this up before and its gets dismissed..

..but no one has ever adequately explained why NBA teams..especially the Pacers. play so much better at home than on the road..

I know the fans cheer for you....and the rims are familiar...but these are pros..

..are refs intimidated by the home crowd? Not NBA refs, I wouldn't think so.

We are a veteran team. I'm not asking whether there is an 'excuse' for it or not.

I really wonder what the reason is.

I think travel plays a big part in it.  I've noticed the same trend, and I can't think of a perfect reason.  But in the NBA, teams travel a lot since they play 41 road games.  Because they travel so much, their regular routine is affected.  You don't sleep in the same bed, you don't eat the same food, you don't shoot at the same rims in the same facility.  That's all I can think of.

Looking the same as last year's playoffs so far. Valanciunas is killing us again. I don't really see a team we could realistically beat in the first round of the playoffs.

We have 4 rebounds as a team in this first quarter. Valanciunas has 9 by himself.

36 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We have 4 rebounds as a team in this first quarter. Valanciunas has 9 by himself.

He's killing us..

wow   62-45...WE don't have the energy we had Wednesday,.....again..at home

..we need a shooter off the bench, too. When Paul and CJ go tot he bench, we dont have a '3' threat.

Id put Aaron Brooks in there...he can make shots.

Is Jefferson unavailable..We need Big Al and against Big Val

Myles Turner has absolutely no chance against Big Val....cannot play him defensively..

..when they play Val and Ibaka..we are in a dark place

I don't want to say it ..but Myles Turner hasn't played well in weeks..

..and we cant win without him playing well

116-91.......they hit their shots and we didn't..

....we were not in it after the first 6 minutes......we're soft....and we're about .500

...on to Utah

Got our butts kicked man. If we're going to play like this than we're not making it out of the first round. The only plus today is the Heat lost as well which increases our playoff chances.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He's killing us..

wow   62-45...WE don't have the energy we had Wednesday,.....again..at home

..we need a shooter off the bench, too. When Paul and CJ go tot he bench, we dont have a '3' threat.

Id put Aaron Brooks in there...he can make shots.

Is Jefferson unavailable..We need Big Al and against Big Val

Brooks was in for a little today. Time to put him in and get Stuckey out. He's killing us right now.

• Like 1

up 80-70 after 3 Qs....

..not the same team that played last night..Teague has 18 and no turnovers...

Teague's offense and Young's defense are the biggest keys to maintaining this lead so far.

PG clutch when it counts. Needed this win badly. Hayward is a beast though and it got really scary late.

The back and forth continues. Can we play at home every game...

• Like 1

Jeff Teague..37 minutes..21 points..no turnovers

Utah is really good..Gobert blocks everything....

I'd say I'd like us to get up on Atlanta for the 5th seed..but when we go on the road again..I dont know who we are

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was a very nice win. Utah is pretty good. Hayward is a beast! Teague played a great game.

I believe Hawyward is in the last year of his deal.  Could Bird somehow convince him to come back home?

• Like 1

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I believe Hawyward is in the last year of his deal.  Could Bird somehow convince him to come back home?

Man I hope so, that would be huge! I wonder if Hayward would love playing for Brad Stevens again though? I am not sure how much he loves Utah either. Utah has a pretty solid team and a great tradition with players like Stockton and Malone. They also have perhaps the best fans in Basketball in Utah, their crowds are always loud.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man I hope so, that would be huge! I wonder if Hayward would love playing for Brad Stevens again though? I am not sure how much he loves Utah either. Utah has a pretty solid team and a great tradition with players like Stockton and Malone. They also have perhaps the best fans in Basketball in Utah, their crowds are always loud.

Yeah, he could go several different ways.  I think he's really underrated and could form a really solid trio with Turner and George.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I bet he's going to try..

We have some vets at the end of their deals....

...He played at Brownsburg?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm pretty sure he's under contract next season... unless its a player option. 

And why would he give up the amount of money he could get when he's already on a great team?

The good news is: we are 1 game behind Atlanta for the 5th seed.

The bad news: To be 5th juts us against Toronto...not a god matchup..

the Bulls have beaten Toronto 11 times in a row..I have no explaination

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm pretty sure he's under contract next season... unless its a player option. 

And why would he give up the amount of money he could get when he's already on a great team?

to go home....same reason everyone suggests Paul George will go to the Lakers, right?

Gordon Hayward isn't going to win many titles in Utah

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The good news is: we are 1 game behind Atlanta for the 5th seed.

The bad news: To be 5th juts us against Toronto...not a god matchup..

the Bulls have beaten Toronto 11 times in a row..I have no explaination

We played Toronto good last season in the Playoffs, had them beat actually. I would probably want to take my chances with them instead of Washington or Boston.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We played Toronto good last season in the Playoffs, had them beat actually. I would probably want to take my chances with them instead of Washington or Boston.

why have the Bulls beaten Toronto 11 times in a row