Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TDewar1987 said:

Is it me or do the announcers seem almost "satisfied" the Pacers almost beat the Spurs?

Nah, I think they are just giving us credit for playing a good game. We did play good, Ellis just choked. Oh well. At least we did beat Houston after being down 17. Tonight is tough one though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, I think they are just giving us credit for playing a good game. We did play good, Ellis just choked. Oh well. At least we did beat Houston after being down 17. Tonight is tough one though.

You're probably right. Just seemed like they were glorifying almost beating someone. I dunno. That was a tough loss.

2 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Is it me or do the announcers seem almost "satisfied" the Pacers almost beat the Spurs?

I'd be satisfied too if it didn't happen the way it did. If we were down 10 all quarter and fought back and just came up short I'd be good.

Ellis literally handed them the game. That is not okay. We need every win we can get.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This would've been nice. I loved the effort tonight. I thought our Defense was pretty good, Leonard made a tough shot at the end but he is a Great player. If we would've had more time George could've drove a little but he had to shoot with only 2 seconds left.

Very good effort.....battled the even all the way,,,made defensive stops late to rally for the lead.

I know you've got to forget about these games when  they're over ...but this one may haunt us

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

I'd be satisfied too if it didn't happen the way it did. If we were down 10 all quarter and fought back and just came up short I'd be good.

Ellis literally handed them the game. That is not okay. We need every win we can get.

Yeah I lost it when he missed both. Even 1 would have made a difference. Jeez. 

Just now, TDewar1987 said:

You're probably right. Just seemed like they were glorifying almost beating someone. I dunno. That was a tough loss.

Yeah it sucks! I was ready to talk smack haha saying we just swept Texas. Freakin Ellis! I thought George's shot was going in as well, when he missed that was a downer.

Houston killing the Clippers right now at LA. Clippers just don't have it, something is missing with them and has been for years. They have had loaded teams with CP3, Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Redick, etc. and they still aren't really threat to win it all. Houston is toying with them up 60-47.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it sucks! I was ready to talk smack haha saying we just swept Texas. Freakin Ellis! I thought George's shot was going in as well, when he missed that was a downer.

So whats the deal about George blaming Miles for not doing his job on the last play???

6 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Ellis single-handily cost us this game. Never was a fan of the signing. And so far  over two seasons, he's done little to change my mind. We HAVE to let him go after this season. 

How about the guys that did not come to play at all?  Ellis played hard last night....could have had more contributions from others.  

He was obviously ticked off.  He has been a good free throw shooter throughout his career.

I really despise blaming 1 player for a loss.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How do we match up so well with SA and other teams have problems with them?  Always a good game between the old ABA teams. :)  

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not even that mad over the loss last night. I wasn't expecting us to beat the Spurs anyway, though it sucked how we lost. 

I was just mad at the way we lost but going in I didn't think we would win. Beating them and Houston both was a longshot.

My dang Bulls are just as inconsistent as the Pacers!  At times they are really fun to watch and other times you are pulling your hair out.  Beat the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and Celtics but lose to the Knicks twice, T'Wolves twice and Nuggets.  Pacers are the same way, beat some really good teams(should have beat the Spurs at their place which is dang near impossible to do) but have lost to some awful teams and have had a few multiple game losing streaks.  I don't get it!

8 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

My dang Bulls are just as inconsistent as the Pacers!  At times they are really fun to watch and other times you are pulling your hair out.  Beat the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and Celtics but lose to the Knicks twice, T'Wolves twice and Nuggets.  Pacers are the same way, beat some really good teams(should have beat the Spurs at their place which is dang near impossible to do) but have lost to some awful teams and have had a few multiple game losing streaks.  I don't get it!

Both teams can't seem to put it together.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, BrentMc11 said:

So whats the deal about George blaming Miles for not doing his job on the last play???

That's the kind of thing you have to keep in the locker room....

.....No positive comes from saying that to a reporter

21 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

So many teams are like that..Miami, Clippers, Milwaukee....

Houston cant believe they lost to us

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Now its coming out that Kawhi traveled on the game winning shot. I know they aren't going to call it at that moment but that is just more bad luck.

Also Ellis refused to take questions after the game.

what can he say?    he has no excuses to give us.

///////////////////////He really did play well...

I'm still...a little shocked because that's a strength of his.....He's on the floor at the end with a lead because he can make foul shots

What is going on with the Lakers?

Jeanne Buss/ brothers are looking into an interpretation of their father's will so they can remove her as 'governor' of the team?     After Jeanne finally fired her brother as GM..

so what? so Jim Buss can continue running the team the way its been run the last few years?

mercy

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What is going on with the Lakers?

Jeanne Buss/ brothers are looking into an interpretation of their father's will so they can remove her as 'governor' of the team?     After Jeanne finally fired her brother as GM..

so what? so Jim Buss can continue running the team the way its been run the last few years?

mercy

Yeah it's a mess, Jim Buss is trying to wreck that franchise. Pretty sad really. That's what greed will do to some people. I am so looking forward to Baseball as I really don't see the Pacers doing much this season in the Playoffs anyway then you have the Cavs who are 34,000,000 dollars over the Salary Cap and have stacked their team - I don't see how they lose a game to be honest with LeBron. Why even have a Salary Cap if it isn't going to be enforced? Heck if I was a billionaire owner I would go over the Salary Cap too and pay the Luxury Tax to build an All-Star team. It's not like Dan Gilbert is going to go broke lmao. I think there should be a rule you cant go over the Salary Cap period, otherwise it serves no purpose. Warriors are above it as well but not near 34,000,000 dollars over it, they are 7,000,000 dollars over it. I am not a LeBron fan at all and I really don't even like the Warriors (I just like them better than the Cavs) so I am becoming more disinterested in this NBA season as it moves along. Once Baseball starts I will focus much more on that being a huge Cubs fan of over 30 years, it starts April 2nd.