Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Going to have play with some intensity on defense otherwise this game will likely get out of hand quickly in this 2nd half.

-Only 4 steals in that first half.

-Going to have to pressure Lillard at the 3 point line because that's mostly what he does is shoot 3's

I just did not see any commitment or effort on defense

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

If Paul George leaves the Pacers, this franchise will be in the bottom of the pack. I haven't seen enough in Myles Turner to know he is a franchise star than can help recruit in FA. 

I think Turner will be fine. Still just his 2nd year, hes only 20. He will get better.

14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hes averaging a triple double. The last player to average a triple double through a whole season was Oscar Robinson. 

I don't think he'll be able to keep it up simply because the season is so long, but if he can match what The Big O did, that's next level stuff.

Anyone wish we hired Mike D'Antoni?  I was never a fan of his, but what he's gotten out of Harden is incredible.

I really hope we stay healthy this season because this bench is good enough to do some things. Really didn't expect to beat this Clipper team again. 

I think we should start Miles over Ellis tomorrow against the Warriors to match the size and 3 pt shooting of the Warrior starters.

Robinson is going to start having to be a factor off the bench. 1 shot in 14 minutes and 1 steal. Have to rebound better tomorrow and stay up on Steph and Klay. They pull up and shoot a lot and wont drive on you often

We need to bring Thad off the bench and slide Seraphin in next to Turner. Bring Thad in off bench for a scoring spark. We need a rebounder in that starting line up

Clippers don't play good defense like I said after Doc babbled about Lance not playing defense (again he was wrong)

6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Robinson is going to start having to be a factor off the bench. 1 shot in 14 minutes and 1 steal. Have to rebound better tomorrow and stay up on Steph and Klay. They pull up and shoot a lot and wont drive on you often

We need to bring Thad off the bench and slide Seraphin in next to Turner. Bring Thad in off bench for a scoring spark. We need a rebounder in that starting line up

Clippers don't play good defense like I said after Doc babbled about Lance not playing defense (again he was wrong)

I'm fine with Robinson off the bench if he has a 14 plus/minus. The bench's defense and Rodney Stuckey's scoring is what got us back in the game. 

I do agree we need to do something about the rebounding. Tired of seeing us dominated on the boards and second chance points every game.

40 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm fine with Robinson off the bench if he has a 14 plus/minus. The bench's defense and Rodney Stuckey's scoring is what got us back in the game. 

I do agree we need to do something about the rebounding. Tired of seeing us dominated on the boards and second chance points every game.

I pay no attention to the +/- stat. It lies and is a bad indicator of how good a defense a player is playing. All +/- tells you is how much an opposing team is scoring with said player on the court not how many of those points a offensive player scoring on said player or the field goal percentage given up by offensive players shooting on him

42 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I pay no attention to the +/- stat. It lies and is a bad indicator of how good a defense a player is playing. All +/- tells you is how much an opposing team is scoring with said player on the court not how many of those points a offensive player scoring on said player or the field goal percentage given up by offensive players shooting on him

I agree that +/- Stat is ridiculous, I have seen games where guys have scored 30 Points and has 10 Rebounds and still have a - for the game.

43 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I use it to see which players have the most chemistry out on the court and who is playing with the most energy and GR3 was definitely part of that along with Stuckey and Miles off the bench. GR3 just didn't get shots up this game but the point is that doesn't prevent him from doing other things to be effective.