Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see nobody even got injured and the Celtics were down 21 at one time looking at the Boxscore on ESPN. Damn I missed a great game. They won without Isiah Thomas in Cleveland. I fell asleep before the game even started and just now waking up, cant believe this really. Cavs are still ok but I am stunned they even lost a game to Boston, I just seen it was Bradley with the game winner!

Cavs shot 36 FT's to Boston's 12, holy hell, how do you lose with that kind of homecooking? Love hit 7 3's and Thompson had 18 Points and 15 Rebounds and they still lost. No history will be made by the Cavs, Warriors need to end their series (not screw around) tomorrow so they can rest up and avoid any kind of fluke injuries. If the Warriors win tomorrow they join the 1989 and 2001 Lakers as the only teams to sweep their way to the Finals. Cavs now have at least 2 more games and 1 more in Boston.

Just a thought.    Would anyone be opposed if I started an Indiana Pacers thread and a All NBA thread?

Is seems that this thread is 1/2 Pacers and 1/2 everything else.   Of course, with the Pacers eliminated, it's been a little more all NBA.

The Celtics lose by 100 on Friday and then bounce back and win in Cleveland on Sunday without their best player?  I am still in shock.  The Cavs were knocking down 3's like crazy too, especially in the first half.  I am just glad we(as fans) got to see a competitive game.  I can't help but post this meme.  LeBron was 0-8 in the 4th and had 0 points the last 16 minutes of the game.  Maybe it's good that the Cavs lost a game and will be challenged a little bit but I think the Warriors are a much better team and the longer the Celtics hang around the more chance the Cavs take on LeBron being fatigued.  He looked a little worn down last night.  I am sure the Cavs will still win in 5 with all that being said.  The Warriors are on cruise control though.

op5xu0.png

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Just a thought.    Would anyone be opposed if I started an Indiana Pacers thread and a All NBA thread?

Is seems that this thread is 1/2 Pacers and 1/2 everything else.   Of course, with the Pacers eliminated, it's been a little more all NBA.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. But we won't need that until next fall

5 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The Celtics lose by 100 on Friday and then bounce back and win in Cleveland on Sunday without their best player?  I am still in shock.  The Cavs were knocking down 3's like crazy too, especially in the first half.  I am just glad we(as fans) got to see a competitive game.  I can't help but post this meme.  LeBron was 0-8 in the 4th and had 0 points the last 16 minutes of the game.  Maybe it's good that the Cavs lost a game and will be challenged a little bit but I think the Warriors are a much better team and the longer the Celtics hang around the more chance the Cavs take on LeBron being fatigued.  He looked a little worn down last night.  I am sure the Cavs will still win in 5 with all that being said.  The Warriors are on cruise control though.

op5xu0.png

What a joke this picture is 

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Feel free to start any thread you would like.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From what I can see nobody even got injured and the Celtics were down 21 at one time looking at the Boxscore on ESPN. Damn I missed a great game. They won without Isiah Thomas in Cleveland. I fell asleep before the game even started and just now waking up, cant believe this really. Cavs are still ok but I am stunned they even lost a game to Boston, I just seen it was Bradley with the game winner!

The Cavs just went ice cold in the second half. The shots they were hitting in the 1st half were being missed in the 2nd. Even LeBron wasn't hitting anything.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Cavs just went ice cold in the second half. The shots they were hitting in the 1st half were being missed in the 2nd. Even LeBron wasn't hitting anything.

Yeah I seen the highlights. LeBron was ice cold in the 4th Qtr, I haven't seen that in a while. I am sure he will drop 40 on Boston tomorrow. They still should've won though, Irving had 29, Love hit 7 3's, and Thompson had 18/15. They also shot 36 FT's to Boston's 12. Really a strange game all the way around.

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

It may be a joke but it's kind of true

I will refrain from bashing LeBron today, to his defense that was his first bad game. I think the people in Cleveland are a bit worried though because he looked fatigued last night (looked like he had very little lift in his jumper from watching the highlights) and no matter how fans try and forget they do remember LeBron disappearing against the Celtics in 2010 and the Mavs in 2011 with similar games to last night. I still think they win in 5 but I still like the Warriors to win it all.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I knew this would happen the team has a bad game and now LeBron is worthless 

Actually I see BullsColts Post as a sarcastic joke more than anything. I don't see anyone on here saying LeBron is worthless. That is another problem with his fanbase they are overly sensitive and take everything as a dis if people don't kiss the guys feet. I say the guy is a Top 10 player ever and best player today and my opinion still gets crapped on by LeBron lovers just because I don't think he is the GOAT! People that are not fans of LeBron are just tired of hearing how great he is every 5 minutes on ESPN and the NBA Channel. If people cant understand that than that is their problem. I love sports and want to watch those channels and all I get is freakin LeBron this and that. Because I love sports I am going to watch, no way around it unless I just quit watching. A lot of people feel the same way I do actually, it is tiresome. I hope the Warriors run over them so these channels can talk about something else.

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually I see BullsColts Post as a sarcastic joke more than anything. I don't see anyone on here saying LeBron is worthless. That is another problem with his fanbase they are overly sensitive and take everything as a dis if people don't kiss the guys feet. I say the guy is a Top 10 player ever and best player today and my opinion still gets crapped on by LeBron lovers just because I don't think he is the GOAT! People that are not fans of LeBron are just tired of hearing how great he is every 5 minutes on ESPN and the NBA Channel. If people cant understand that than that is their problem. I love sports and want to watch those channels and all I get is freakin LeBron this and that. Because I love sports I am going to watch, no way around it unless I just quit watching. A lot of people feel the same way I do actually, it is tiresome. I hope the Warriors run over them so these channels can talk about something else.

No one here is saying he is the goat and idk anyone on ESPN saying that either they say he is second to Jordan and that's perfectly acceptable 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No one here is saying he is the goat and idk anyone on ESPN saying that either they say he is second to Jordan and that's perfectly acceptable 

True. Anyone that watches ESPN knows they don't say this...And if they do, someone needs to start naming names for factual evidence. 

Bur you're arguing with someone who boils down everything to a "me vs them" mentality and uses "the media" as a scapegoat while thinking they're correct about everything. I never once said LeBron was the GOAT, but apparently suggesting he's great, gets me lectured about how a list of players are better. 

The Warriors are historical favorites again...If anyone thinks "the media" is suggesting the Cavs even have a shot in this, please back up the ridiculous claims with actual links and posts to ESPN writers and analysts suggesting such a thing. Just throwing "the media" out there, is a weak argument. Anyone can blame 'the media' on anything...

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

True. Anyone that watches ESPN knows they don't say this...And if they do, someone needs to start naming names for factual evidence. 

Bur you're arguing with someone who boils down everything to a "me vs them" mentality and uses "the media" as a scapegoat while thinking they're correct about everything. I never once said LeBron was the GOAT, but apparently suggesting he's great, gets me lectured about how a list of players are better. 

The Warriors are historical favorites again...If anyone thinks "the media" is suggesting the Cavs even have a shot in this, please back up the ridiculous claims with actual links and posts to ESPN writers and analysts suggesting such a thing. Just throwing "the media" out there, is a weak argument. Anyone can blame 'the media' on anything...

Brian Windhorst has said many times LeBron is the GOAT. He one of the biggest names in Basketball that works for ESPN. Everyday if you tune into Mike and Mike or FirstTake and listen to Stephen A and Max talk, both say he is 2nd behind Jordan but if he beats the Warriors this season than he should be considered the GOAT. I am giving you big names so you don't think I am full of it. Having said that, I am starting to careless about GOAT debates anymore because it's all subjective and no matter how hard I try to convince you or anyone that I don't even think LeBron is in the Top 5 it will do no good. You wont convince me he is 2nd or the GOAT either so really all of my rants and your responses are just a waste of space regarding that subject. I just hope the Finals is a good one and goes 7 games actually because these Playoffs have sucked so far. Also if LeBron does somehow beat the Warriors than I think he definitely deserves Top 5 then, that would be his 4th Championship to go along with his Stats, etc.. + beating the Warriors would be very impressive 2 years in a row.

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I knew this would happen the team has a bad game and now LeBron is worthless 

The team didn't have a bad game.  Love had 28 and 10, Kyrie had 29 and 7 and as a team they shot 16-39 from 3 which is a good percentage.  LeBron had 11 6 6 and 6 turnovers.  So many people want to crown him the best of all time but how can he be crowned that when you put up those numbers in a conference finals game against a team that you are much better than without their best player?  Not to mention the fact that the game was at home and they were up by 20+.  I understand having a bad game but the thing that bugs me is the whole GOAT conversation and LeBron just getting crowned the GOAT.  The GOAT wouldn't put up those numbers in that situation even in one game.  With that being said, after an awful game he usually puts up around 31 9 and 9.  I am sure he will bounce back and I am sure they will beat the Celtics, they are the much better team.  Let's see how he fares against the Warriors.  If he loses does he get a pass?  We all know if he wins he'll get all the credit in the world. 

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ever listen to Collin Cowherd?  Him as well as the other * on his show(I can't remember his name) talk about LeBron just about every day and how he's already the GOAT.  Chris Broussard?  He's one that believes that too.  I can look up and find more people who have said it.  Barkley put it best, LeBron needs to beat the Warriors this year to get into that top 5 of all time talk. Being the best ever is a completely different story. 

8 hours ago, Synthetic said:

I am pretty sure you have said LeBron is the best basketball player of all time.  No one's questioning how great LeBron is, he's easily a top 5 player of all time and will go down as arguably the best SF to ever play.  The thing that bugs me is numerous people crowning him the best ever(even right now at this point in time).  He's not the best ever and he's not going to be the best ever.   As far as the Warriors being the better team, does that mean LeBron gets another pass if he loses the Finals?  Me and you both know he'll get all of the credit in the world and then some if he wins. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will refrain from bashing LeBron today, to his defense that was his first bad game. I think the people in Cleveland are a bit worried though because he looked fatigued last night (looked like he had very little lift in his jumper from watching the highlights) and no matter how fans try and forget they do remember LeBron disappearing against the Celtics in 2010 and the Mavs in 2011 with similar games to last night. I still think they win in 5 but I still like the Warriors to win it all.

I agree, I wouldn't ever say another thing about him if all these people out there that have crowned him the best player to ever play would open their eyes and admit that he's not, but that won't happen, he always gets a pass when things get tough.   He's a great player and I am not questioning that.  He'll go down as the best SF to ever play, top 5 all time player easily but not the best of all time.

26 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The team didn't have a bad game.  Love had 28 and 10, Kyrie had 29 and 7 and as a team they shot 16-39 from 3 which is a good percentage.  LeBron had 11 6 6 and 6 turnovers.  So many people want to crown him the best of all time but how can he be crowned that when you put up those numbers in a conference finals game against a team that you are much better than without their best player?  Not to mention the fact that the game was at home and they were up by 20+.  I understand having a bad game but the thing that bugs me is the whole GOAT conversation and LeBron just getting crowned the GOAT.  The GOAT wouldn't put up those numbers in that situation even in one game.  With that being said, after an awful game he usually puts up around 31 9 and 9.  I am sure he will bounce back and I am sure they will beat the Celtics, they are the much better team.  Let's see how he fares against the Warriors.  If he loses does he get a pass?  We all know if he wins he'll get all the credit in the world. 

I just knew the Twitter crap would all start after that loss it's ridiculous one game isn't gonna take away all his career accomplishments he's still in the goat convo behind Jordan 

Haven't been too impressed with a lot of the guys Pritchard and company have brought in for the pre-draft workouts, although Bryce Alford is intriguing as a second round option. He's a great scorer. 

44 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I just knew the Twitter crap would all start after that loss it's ridiculous one game isn't gonna take away all his career accomplishments he's still in the goat convo behind Jordan 

I am sure we can both agree he's top 5 all time and probably #1 at his position but if he's going to get to #1 he's still got some work to do. 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am sure we can both agree he's top 5 all time and probably #1 at his position but if he's going to get to #1 he's still got some work to do. 

Yep I agree I still don't think he's past Jordan and I'm a huge LeBron fan 

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yep I agree I still don't think he's past Jordan and I'm a huge LeBron fan 

I don't think he's better than Magic either. He's a better Scorer and Defender than Magic but Magic was a better Leader and a much better Playmaker. Magic as of now was a better winner as well, 5-3 in Championships and as much as people love to talk about LeBron's Finals appearances, Magic still has him there too 9-7. Magic went to the Finals 9 times in 12 years playing on the same team. As great as LeBron's Scoring Stats look, look at Magic's Assists total in just 12 seasons. He had over 10,000 in 12 seasons.

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Ever listen to Collin Cowherd?  Him as well as the other * on his show(I can't remember his name) talk about LeBron just about every day and how he's already the GOAT.  Chris Broussard?  He's one that believes that too.  I can look up and find more people who have said it.  Barkley put it best, LeBron needs to beat the Warriors this year to get into that top 5 of all time talk. Being the best ever is a completely different story. 

Almost everyone puts him either 2nd or says LeBron is the GOAT on TV. I am not sure what some people are watching. Hell I forgot about Cowherd and Broussard, that is 2 more.

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am pretty sure you have said LeBron is the best basketball player of all time.  No one's questioning how great LeBron is, he's easily a top 5 player of all time and will go down as arguably the best SF to ever play.  The thing that bugs me is numerous people crowning him the best ever(even right now at this point in time).  He's not the best ever and he's not going to be the best ever.   As far as the Warriors being the better team, does that mean LeBron gets another pass if he loses the Finals?  Me and you both know he'll get all of the credit in the world and then some if he wins. 

He has, he just Posted last week that he thought LeBron was the GOAT. Maybe he forgot. That's why I love archives.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

As of now I have him Top 10, if he beats the Warriors I put him Top 5. He and Bird are pretty even but a 4th Championship would move him ahead of Bird without any debate and ahead of Shaq then and right with Kobe.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching SB Nation right now and this Amin ElHassan guy just said if LeBron beats the Warriors he's the GOAT hands down. There's another, it's everyday stuff if you tune into ESPN. Yet it would still be 6-4 Jordan, yeah that makes sense.

But if he loses, the same guy would say well he gets a pass because the Warriors were stacked.  lol

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I have him Top 10, if he beats the Warriors I put him Top 5. He and Bird are pretty even but a 4th Championship would move him ahead of Bird without any debate and ahead of Shaq then and right with Kobe.

Not that much of a difference really.  My point is, Bird isn't even ever talked about being the GOAT.  You could make an argument that Bird's even had the better career up until right now.  Bird only played 13 years too, LeBron will play at least 18 if not more, I'd imagine. Even Reggie Miller(who loves LeBron as much as anyone) said that he's not in MJ's league and that you could even argue that Bird was better. 

33c4p5x.jpg

18 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

But if he loses, the same guy would say well he gets a pass because the Warriors were stacked.  lol

Isn't that implied? The reason he will be GOAT is because the Warriors are stacked and Lebron will be playing against all odds, to be honest. Jordan did not have to deal with the twitter and FB era of ripping apart everything an athlete does. Isn't that the reason why Peyton's accuser decided to upload her one sided argument right after the SB, to get more publicity in the twitter and FB era?

Personally, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love never scared many as a 2nd and 3rd option, both were great 1st options on bad teams with more opportunities before they were united with Lebron. Kyrie doesn't have the IT factor that Lebron has, or Steph has or even the oomph that Durant has. The Wade-Bosh duo was a bit more different with Wade a clutch performer who had already been there done that. Bosh was just along for the ride, IMO, much like the current 3rd wheel, Kevin Love, great stats on a bad team before being united with Lebron.

Cavs are close to the Warriors' level but not the same and their current record is embellished because of the weak East, IMO. Kevin Durant gives Steph Curry what Wade gave Lebron, IMO, at least when Wade was physically cooking. We know how tough the Warriors were to beat, even without Durant, and now it is pretty much Warriors NBA champs.

I am losing interest in the NBA, frankly. It is because of how a couple of teams chose to exceed the cap as much as they felt they could because there was truly no hard cap. All other teams are playing for 3rd place at best, IMO.

10 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Not that much of a difference really.  My point is, Bird isn't even ever talked about being the GOAT.  You could make an argument that Bird's even had the better career up until right now.  Bird only played 13 years too, LeBron will play at least 18 if not more, I'd imagine. Even Reggie Miller(who loves LeBron as much as anyone) said that he's not in MJ's league and that you could even argue that Bird was better. 

33c4p5x.jpg

If Birds back had not hindered him the last 5 or so years his numbers would've been quite a bit higher.

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

If Birds back had not hindered him the last 5 or so years his numbers would've been quite a bit higher.

I was just gonna say the same thing.  If Bird didn't have back issues, I think he'd be right up there in talks for the GOAT crown