Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If the Pacers didn't re sign Teague, I would be pumped if they drafted Fox. He has very similar skills to John Wall, hes a little smaller but he can play. Very very fast. Hes arguably a better shooter than Wall even was coming out.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out of LIKES, but I agree. I would Draft Fox at #2.

De'Aaron Fox would be great. I would take him in an instant. I also like his teammate Malik Monk. But he wouldn't get drafted at 1 or 2

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

De'Aaron Fox would be great. I would take him in an instant. I also like his teammate Malik Monk. But he wouldn't get drafted at 1 or 2

I agree, I think the C's will take Fultz first. If I was Magic I would take Fox 2nd. I like him better than Ball as an overall player. + you avoid the Lavar nonsense.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I think the C's will take Fultz first. If I was Magic I would take Fox 2nd. I like him better than Ball. + you avoid the Lavar nonsense.

No way on God's green earth would I draft Lonzo Ball. I would have an aneurism having to deal with his dad

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If the Pacers didn't re sign Teague, I would be pumped if they drafted Fox. He has very similar skills to John Wall, hes a little smaller but he can play. Very very fast. Hes arguably a better shooter than Wall even was coming out.

If we went that way, we'd also have cap space....to, well.

If we don't resign Teague and trade Paul....

we'd' have enough cap space to buy some 'Big Baller' shoes from Lavar 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I think the C's will take Fultz first. If I was Magic I would take Fox 2nd. I like him better than Ball as an overall player. + you avoid the Lavar nonsense.

Unless Lonzo was Pete Marovich immediately.....LaVar's act would not play well here.

In fact, I cant think of a lot places where it would play well.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

But the key thing about PG to the Lakers is would Magic trade for him knowing he could easily get him in FA next summer? But Magic wants to make a huge splash so trading for him on draft night would be quite the splash

That's a good point.....

Magic cant get Ball..and trade for Paul.....now...

..and the risk there is..if we win 50-55 games (and we won 42 this year without Lance) ....they don't get him at all

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Unless Lonzo was Pete Marovich immediately.....LaVar's act would not play well here.

In fact, I cant think of a lot places where it would play well.

At this point I don't think he is close to Pistol. IMO Pistol was probably the best College Basketball player of all-time. It's between him and Kareem (Lew)

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The celtics may move the pick for butler 

There are other scenarios.

Paul George doesn't have to sign for 5 years. He could sign for 3 and still go 'home' to LA when he's 30,

Paul could also simply play 2017-2018 and accept his player option for 2018-2019 and then walk if we aren't good

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a good point.....

Magic cant get Ball..and trade for Paul.....now...

..and the risk there is..if we win 50-55 games (and we won 42 this year without Lance) ....they don't get him at all

I honestly think it's worth it because I'm still of the mindset that the Lakers will have both PG and Westbrook by the 2018 season

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I don't think he is close to Pistol. IMO Pistol was probably the best College Basketball player of all-time. It's between him and Kareem (Lew)

David Thompson?   Bill Walton?  (boy, you opened a door there!)

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I honestly think it's worth it because I'm still of the mindset that the Lakers will have both PG and Westbrook by the 2018 season

That's another good point...we think PG, PG..

But Magic could get Westbrook to opt of his final year and the tell Paul, hey. look at what we have.

...the Lakers have more cap space than Saudi Arabia

...and Jeannie Buss will let Magic go as far over the cap as he needs to

She loves the Magic Man

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could and I think that would be a good move for them because they need another SuperStar to compete against LeBron, that is clear LOL.

the Bulls at like us....they don't want to tear down, tank and rebuild.

I think they're keeping Rondo and Wade and trying to make a run next year.

They had Boston beat until Rondo got hurt

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You love Wilt I know that but how about Danny Manning at Kansas. Steve Alford was an awesome college player at IU as well. He won a Championship in 87.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are both there...

They were better than some of those guys who just happened to play for Duke

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we went that way, we'd also have cap space....to, well.

If we don't resign Teague and trade Paul....

we'd' have enough cap space to buy some 'Big Baller' shoes from Lavar 

I would never buy a 400 dollar shoe lol. Hell I barely buy em for 40 dollars.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are both there...

They were better than some of those guys who just happened to play for Duke

I am just talking college here, of course Magic and Bird were better than the much hated Laettner lmao, college wise Laettner was a king though with his resume.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just talking college here, of course Magic and Bird were better than the much hated Laettner lmao, college wise Laettner was a king though with his resume.

Magic was a great MSU Guard and he won a title.

..and you know that Larry Bird was a much better college player than Cristian Laettner.

...Laettner had a lot of help

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would never buy a 400 dollar shoe lol. Hell I barely buy em for 40 dollars.

I used to be a hardcore runner and I still didn't pay more than 100 dollars for a great running shoe. The shoe I have now spent 70 dollars on. When I played Basketball in Highschool I had a pair of 75 dollar Reebok pumps, that was back in 89.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cannot get over how the birds show up between 4 and 6 in the outfield at Wrigley almost every day.

For decades..   How do they know?

Because a lot of early games and they swarm in for the food that is left in the stands is my guess. When games end at 5 or 6 there are the Geeses lmao 

I see the networks promoting the conference finals.

They have to be getting smoked......I know TNT and ESPN pay extra for the conference finals an the ratings have to be in the basement.

ESPN and ABC are the same thing so they'll be okay with the final But TNT is out of luck....

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because a lot of early games and they swarm in for the food that is left in the stands is my guess. When games end at 5 or 6 there are the Geeses lmao 

But they dont have cell phones or wrist watches, do they?.

Unless they live at the park 24-7, how do they know there's a game.

Pocket schedules?  Do they get a text?

How many generations of birds have played in the outfield at Wrigley Field where their fathers and grandfathers played?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I see the networks promoting the conference finals.

They have to be getting smoked......I know TNT and ESPN pay extra for the conference finals an the ratings have to be in the basement.

ESPN and ABC are the same thing so they'll be okay with the final But TNT is out of luck....

Yeah I wont even watch tonight, no need. I already know what's going to happen. Much like last night with the Warriors/Spurs. I will check on it about every 20-30 minutes just to see if any injuries have taken place because at this point that is really the only thing of significance that can derail the Cavs or Warriors moving forward.