Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jules said:

No I agree with you on this. But.......you would also potentially get a super star with the top pick in the draft too.

Okay be very careful here too this offseason soon. Since I swear both the Lakers/Celtics want Lonzo Ball but don't want his dad and want to dump his dad off to the Pacers. lmao 

But maybe Magic Johnson is the only one who can handle Lonzo's dad?

I think he would fit in with the Lakers being from that area and going to UCLA. I also am not sold on Russell becoming great. I cant stand Ball's daddy as I think he is full of hot air but his son can play.

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Blue

Cut him loose.

You know, Denver has a horse nickname, too. And what is their mascot?

A nice looking lady riding a white horse.

What is our mascot?

A Tidy Bowl colored, mangy fur Bozo the Clown

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he would fit in with the Lakers being from that area and going to UCLA. I also am not sold on Russell becoming great. I cant stand Ball's daddy as I think he is full of hot air but his son can play.

They want to go to the Lakers since their big fanbase is from Cali. So it does make sense. And Lonzo does fit the Lakers too.

I have hope if this happens that somehow Magic can put the leash on Daddy Ball.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Cut him loose.

What is our mascot?

An Tidy Bowl colored, mangy fur Bozo the Clown

So now I know why on the side you like Denver now.

Just now, Jules said:

They want to go to the Lakers since their big fanbase is from Cali. So it does make sense. And Lonzo does fit the Lakers too.

I honestly don't know if Daddy Ball can put the leash on Daddy Ball

I don't think Magic wants any part of Ball's dad

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cut him loose.

What is our mascot?

I'm always down for a lady that likes to ride. I like your thinking!

Jeff Teague is not worth 20 million with his no defense playing self and if we trade Paul George, we are definitely not adding his 20+ million dollar salary to the payroll.

Also the Sixers already offered one of Okafor or Noel (before he got traded), Covington, and two first round picks for PG. The Nuggets gave a "monster" offer. And the Hawks were willing to give up more than 3 1st round picks for Paul George.

So don't act like we're going to get fleeced like the Thunder did with James Harden.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cut him loose.

What is our mascot?

I'm guessing you don't like Blue?

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I honestly don't know if Daddy Ball can put the leash on Daddy Ball

I know. WHAT THE HELL is that man's problem anyway? He is ruining his son.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Magic wants any part of Ball's dad

I am wondering about this now too. I mean even towards the end of the seasons the Lakers went on a hot streak and won some games again, they even beat the Spurs. They had a good ending to the season and almost seemed to want to not get the first pick anymore.

Boston has no choice since it was not up to them for the first pick. So maybe Boston secretly hopes to unleash  Daddy Ball now on someone else........

I feel so bad for Lonzo Ball. He is truly a good talented young guy but with a mentally deranged father who made up "Big Baller Brand".

Look at this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19264024/nike-armour-adidas-not-interested-deal-lonzo-ball

Never in the history of modern-day shoe endorsements have the big companies all stepped away from a potential top pick nearly two months before the NBA draft. But LaVar, who has been representing Lonzo in the deal, has offered something that has no precedent.

In his meetings with all three companies, LaVar insisted that they license his upstart Big Baller Brand from him, according to the companies. He also showed the companies a shoe prototype that he hoped would be Lonzo's first shoe.

"We've said from the beginning, we aren't looking for an endorsement deal," LaVar told ESPN. "We're looking for co-branding, a true partner. But they're not ready for that because they're not used to that model. But hey, the taxi industry wasn't ready for Uber, either."

:eek:

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Jeff Teague is not worth 20 million with his no defense playing self and if we trade Paul George, we are definitely not adding his 20+ million dollar salary to the payroll.

Also the Sixers already offered one of Okafor or Noel (before he got traded), Covington, and two first round picks for PG. The Nuggets gave a "monster" offer. And the Hawks were willing to give up more than 3 1st round picks for Paul George.

So don't act like we're going to get fleeced like the Thunder did with James Harden.

Blue..it doenst matter what you or I think.

Jeff Teague is going to ask for MORE than $20 mil.

again..Al Horford makes $27 mil./ Mike Conley makes $28 mil

...we can say 'no' but Jeff Teague isn't going to sign for the 13 mil he's making now

Just now, Jules said:

I am wondering about this now too. I mean even towards the end of the seasons the Lakers went on a hot streak and won some games again, they even beat the Spurs. They had a good ending to the season and almost seemed to want to not get the first pick anymore.

Boston has no choice since it was not up to them for the first pick. So maybe Boston secretly hopes to unleash  Daddy Ball now on someone else........

I feel so bad for Lonzo Ball. He is truly a good talented young guy but with a mentally deranged father who made up "Big Baller Brand".

He's gonna ruin all three of his sons. If he truly cares about them, he'll step to the side and let them do what they do

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Daddy Ball will always be there with that smile lurking haha. Yeah he is annoying and full of it but I think a lot of what he says is for attention. Cant even take him serious at this point. I mean he said UCLA didn't win the Title because they had 3 slow white guys starting, he said he could beat Jordan 1 on 1 as well. He is a foolish dude.

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm guessing you don't like Blue?

Cant we bring some of those show horses from Louisville and have the cheerleaders 'em into the stadium every Sunday..

Do we have to have 'Chuckles the Clown'  covered in blue paint??

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Daddy Ball will always be there with that smile lurking haha. Yeah he is annoying and full of it but I think a lot of what he says is for attention. Cant even take him serious at this point. I mean he said UCLA didn't win the Title because they had 3 slow white guys starting, he said he could beat Jordan 1 on 1 as well. He is a foolish dude.

Daddy Ball also has Charles Barkley ready to have a stroke. Barkley even said he is old and fat now but he will play Daddy Ball one on one since Daddy said he was some stud player once himself. But, Barkley said "I must have missed that great LaVar Ball era in college."

I HOPE he is just hot air and a troll but I am worried now due to his endorsement talk and co branding garbage.

BTW with the Lakers, Luke Walton don't take any crap either. I swear you don't want to mess with Luke.

His dad isn't looking for a shoe deal and he'd rather have nothing?

wow

He even has said many times how Lonzo is going to be sooooooooo much better then Steph Curry which is a great thing to say when your son has not even played a single game yet in the pros.

I think Daddy Ball even said something about Lebron too but I missed it.

Daddy Ball also has Charles Barkley ready to have a stroke. Barkley even said he is old and fat now but he will play Daddy Ball one on one since Daddy said he was some stud player once himself. But, Barkley said "I must have missed that great LaVar Ball era in college."

I HOPE he is just hot air and a troll but I am worried now due to his endorsement talk and co branding garbage.

BTW with the Lakers, Luke Walton don't take any crap either. I swear you don't want to mess with Luke.

Barkley could beat Daddy Ball 1 on 1 with a donut in his mouth, that is how easy that would be for Charles.

He even has said many times how Lonzo is going to be sooooooooo much better then Steph Curry which is a great thing to say when your son has not even played a single game yet in the pros.

Boys eventually want their dad to step away and let them be a man.

I've got to believe that his boys will do that.

..I guess the question is 'when?"

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah he said if you put Lonzo on the Warriors and took Curry off, the Warriors would be better lmao 

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

LeBron told him to keep his mouth shut after Daddy Ball questioned him as a father haha. I haven't seen him say one thing about LeBron since then.

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue..it doenst matter what you or I think.

Jeff Teague is going to ask for MORE than $20 mil.

again..Al Horford makes $27 mil./ Mike Conley makes $28 mil

...we can say 'no' but Jeff Teague isn't going to sign for the 13 mil he's making now

I never said he wouldn't ask for it. I said he isn't worth it and we're not re-signing him if Paul George gets traded. 

He'll probably get 20 imo from some team. Make no mistake Horford is better at his position than Teague is at his, and Mike Conley is WAY better on both sides of the ball than Teague.

Boys eventually want their dad to step away and let them be a man.

I've got to believe that his boys will do that.

..I guess the question is 'when?"

Worst case scenario IMO is his dad turns into like Steffi Graf's dad. If you remember her, she was that that super star tennis player and her dad was a psychopath.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-01-25/sports/sp-21887_1_steffi-graf

BERLIN — A state trial court sentenced Peter Graf, the father of tennis star Steffi Graf, to three years and nine months imprisonment for evading about $7.4 million of taxes on his daughter's income, as prosecutors who had asked for a stiffer sentence looked on in disappointment.

"He was stubborn and ambitious, and his ambitions misled him," Judge Joachim Plass said of Peter Graf, a rags-to-riches former used-car salesman who helped turn his daughter into the world's best woman tennis player.

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Best thing for Lonzo is to go to an East Coast team where his dad is 3,000 miles away

You don't think if he ends up on an east coast team that Daddy Ball won't happen to also end up on the east coast? Then again he has two more sons so he has to follow them all around........

I am pretty sure if Lonzo Ball gets a date with a girl that his father will also find a date so they can double and he can watch every move his son's date makes.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he said if you put Lonzo on the Warriors and took Curry off, the Warriors would be better lmao 

He is so rude.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron told him to keep his mouth shut after Daddy Ball questioned him as a father haha. I haven't seen him say one thing about LeBron since then.

Lebron had every right to tell him to shut up. I mean he even questioned Lebron as a dad? Thats beyond rude.

And then he was saying the reason UCLA failed to win a title was being too white and slow. lmao Now that did kinda make me laugh a bit but people were yelling at him about the old Celtics with Bird being very white. lmao 

20 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I never said he wouldn't ask for it. I said he isn't worth it and we're not re-signing him if Paul George gets traded. 

He'll probably get 20 imo from some team. Make no mistake Horford is better at his position than Teague is at his, and Mike Conley is WAY better on both sides of the ball than Teague.

He is worth it. Mike Conley will make $35 mil in 3 years.

Conley is not that much better than Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a great player at all anymore...check his numbers. 14 points a game

We always think the out-of-town player is better because we only see him once in awhile

The point is: If we want to contend..we have to pay Paul and Jeff.

We have to be willing to go over the cap....because winning teams do

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

You don't think if he ends up on an east coast team that Daddy Ball won't happen to also end up on the east coast? Then again he has two more sons so he has to follow them all around........

I am pretty sure if Lonzo Ball gets a date with a girl that his father will also find a date so they can double and he can watch every move his son's date makes.

He is so rude.

Lebron had every right to tell him to shut up. I mean he even questioned Lebron as a dad? Thats beyond rude.

And then he was saying the reason UCLA failed to win a title was being too white and slow. lmao Now that did kinda make me laugh a bit but people were yelling at him about the old Celtics with Bird being very white. lmao 

If Alonzo goes to Philadelphia..or someplace like that..

his dad will stay in LA with his other 2 sons

If Alonzo goes to Philadelphia..or someplace like that..

his dad will stay in LA with his other 2 sons

But his dad still has means of communication from across the country.

We need to have all forms of communication from him cut off.

But, maybe he can do okay with Boston if that happens.......but how does he fit in Boston when IT is the face of the team and Daddy Ball would be jealous of that?

Personally if he could shut up, then IT and Lonzo could become a lethal 1-2 punch on the court and Lonzo could gradually learn and ease himself into the pro game.

Then again Lonzo is listed as a point guard too but can he switch to SG? However thats where Averly Bradley is positioned I think. Lonzo is a tall kid too, I think he is 6'6, same height Kobe is.

He fits the Lakers better I think sadly.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

and the shootout?  You like?

I dont think that distorting the game to decide the game is fair.

Its bad in soccer, too

I couldn't care less how exciting it is

I don't like it for determining playoffs and championships, but when you have 82 regular season games, I have no problem with some of them going to a shootout.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He is worth it. Mike Conley will make $35 mil in 3 years.

Conley is not that much better than Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a great player at all anymore...check his numbers. 14 points a game

We always think the out-of-town player is better because we only see him once in awhile

The point is: If we want to contend..we have to pay Paul and Jeff.

We have to be willing to go over the cap....because winning teams do

Conley is much better than Teague on defense. Mike Conley wouldn't let Kyrie score 40 on him. He is one of the best defending point guards in the league along with being better than Teague on offense.

Horford is not being used right on that team but he still holds his own. Starting center on the number one seed... it's not all Isaiah. 

If we had Conley instead of Teague we'd be a top 4 seed. Guaranteed.

46 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oh btw, farewell to Paul Pierce. He had a great career. Too bad it had to end with the Clippers.

Fun fact - since 2009, every West team has made the WCF at least once......

Except for the Clippers. lmao

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His comments at LeBron were ridiculous. It wasn't so much of him criticizing him as a father, he was criticizing his kid with this idea that his kid some how has to become a basketball player like him, or "better" as he said. He said similar things about Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry "their fathers were mediocre, that's why they were good.", but went opposite on LeBron. LeBron basically told him to shut up about his son, and if he wanted to, he could criticize him, but keep his kid out of it.

LaVar Ball is doing everything to set his kid up to be one of the most hated players in the NBA. Just watch Lonzo's first game against Golden State or Cleveland; Steph and LeBron are going to light him up for the fun of it, since his dad decided to motivate them by running his mouth about them. 

I'm starting to believe the conspiracy that the Lakers intentionally screwed up their tank late in the season just to try avoiding him, cause whoever gets Lonzo Ball is in for a nightmare having to deal with his dad, who is bound to try and meddle with the team and be in the media 24/7. I can already see this being hell on earth for the Lakers, since Luke Walton would probably put him on the bench like he did Brandon Ingram this year, and then LaVar Ball would freak out over that and run to the press to shout his anger. 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

His comments at LeBron were ridiculous. It wasn't so much of him criticizing him as a father, he was criticizing his kid with this idea that his kid some how has to become a basketball player like him, or "better" as he said. He said similar things about Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry "their fathers were mediocre, that's why they were good.", but went opposite on LeBron. LeBron basically told him to shut up about his son, and if he wanted to, he could criticize him, but keep his kid out of it.

LaVar Ball is doing everything to set his kid up to be one of the most hated players in the NBA. Just watch Lonzo's first game against Golden State or Cleveland; Steph and LeBron are going to light him up for the fun of it, since his dad decided to motivate them by running his mouth about them. 

I'm starting to believe the conspiracy that the Lakers intentionally screwed up their tank late in the season just to try avoiding him, cause whoever gets Lonzo Ball is in for a nightmare having to deal with his dad, who is bound to try and meddle with the team and be in the media 24/7. I can already see this being hell on earth for the Lakers, since Luke Walton would probably put him on the bench like he did Brandon Ingram this year, and then LaVar Ball would freak out over that and run to the press to shout his anger. 

Oh I agree, I think Daddy Ball was way out of line. I loved it when LeBron told him to shut up. LeBron seems to be a great father and has never been in trouble with the law, etc.. I don't hate LeBron the person, I just don't think he is near the GOAT but he is still the best today and Top 10 ever I admit that. Daddy Ball probably doesn't want to mess with him as that guy is built like Ivan Drago lmao. Like I said to Jules it will be Cavs/Warriors again but I have a huge thing for the Jazz for a ton of reasons. I just like them.