Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

They way we'd move them is if we trade for someone like Brooke Lopez..who makes $20 mil.

we've give up Big Al and Monta in matching salaries

..again...trading PG is just giving up.

I'm not afraid he'll leave and turn down $70 mil..but lets say you;re right...

we would them have a lot of cap space to sign someone else....it wouldnt end the franchise.

I want to take one more shot (one more season) with Paul.

Trading him now forfeits next season. I'm not willing to do that..and I dont think Larry is either,.

Why would the Nets trade us Brook Lopez and take on Al and Monta's salaries. Makes no sense to me.

And I'd rather acquire young talent and draft picks with a PG trade than "take one more shot" with Paul George and not get anywhere because Larry doesn't want to open his checkbook. And I honestly don't think Paul George makes an all-NBA team. If he does it is a different story but I think Butler and Giannis make it over him.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You can only turn things around quickly with free agents. There's no Paul George in college that I know of.

I just am so repulsed by the idea of trading your best player for the rights to 18-year-olds.

That's the expressway to the basement

I agree.   It's up to PG.   If he tells Bird that he wants to go to LA, I think the Pacers have to make a trade so that they don't get left empty handed next year.  

5 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Why would the Nets trade us Brook Lopez and take on Al and Monta's salaries. Makes no sense to me.

And I'd rather acquire young talent and draft picks with a PG trade than "take one more shot" with Paul George and not get anywhere because Larry doesn't want to open his checkbook. And I honestly don't think Paul George makes an all-NBA team. If he does it is a different story but I think Butler and Giannis make it over him.

It's not Larry's checkbook.   He's just managing the account.   I really don't know if Simon would be OK with going over or not.   I wish the NBA had a hard cap. 

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Al and Monta make half of what Brooke does.

Combined they make about $2 mil less

They would eventualy release them or trade them at midseason..

...expiring contracts... they could do that.....

Lopex is guaranteed $23 mil for next year..hard to trade that

They aren't trying to compete in the East next year..

Teen players are is a blueprint for losing (76ers, Lakers) for years..why rush that?

PG will be a top-15 player//////when healthy he has been voted there..

Jimmy Butler wont be voted in over Paul George..There just aren't six better true forwards

2 hours ago, Myles said:

It's not Larry's checkbook.   He's just managing the account.   I really don't know if Simon would be OK with going over or not.   I wish the NBA had a hard cap. 

Agreed...Exactly.......we talk about what Larry will do (and I'm guilty) but, forget the 'trade PG' debate,

we have VERY little chance to ever win the conference if we wont go over the cap and other East teams will......

18 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wow.. I didn't realize just how much better the West was until I looked at the standings and saw the 5th seed in the west was two game under the 1 seed in the east. Ouch.

No wonder Lebron gets a free ride in a fancy car

It's honestly been that way for 5 years or so.  LeBrons only competition in the East the past 5 years was probably the Celtics and Pacers.  The Bulls had a solid team in 2011 but the Heat beat them in 5.  The West is just stacked. 

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

It's honestly been that way for 5 years or so.  LeBrons only competition in the East the past 5 years was probably the Celtics and Pacers.  The Bulls had a solid team in 2011 but the Heat beat them in 5.  The West is just stacked. 

Yep. Other than Pacers, Celtics and Bulls, LeBron has had a cakewalk to the Finals. But forget about LeBron. Let's talk Bulls. I know your boys have lost three straight games, but I think they win game 6. In fact, I think all three East series are going 7 games

3 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Yep. Other than Pacers, Celtics and Bulls, LeBron has had a cakewalk to the Finals. But forget about LeBron. Let's talk Bulls. I know your boys have lost three straight games, but I think they win game 6. In fact, I think all three East series are going 7 games

Yep, he just hasn't had much competition.  I am going to dis agree with you on the Bulls though, I said after they lost game 4 that they'd lose the next 2 as well(so 4 in a row).  This team has been way to inconsistent all year.  If Rondo plays in game 6 they have a small chance.  If they somehow do win game 6, they'll be playing with house money in game 7.  I didn't realize what a difference playoff Rondo makes.  Like +20 with him on the court(2-0) and -20+ with him off the court(0-3), kinda crazy.  I wouldn't be surprised if Raptors Bucks goes 7 and same with Wizards Hawks but I think the Wizards are going to win the next 1.  I guess we'll see!  The good thing is, the Colts will be in the news tonight, hopefully a good beginning to a great draft class!

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yep, he just hasn't had much competition.  I am going to dis agree with you on the Bulls though, I said after they lost game 4 that they'd lose the next 2 as well(so 4 in a row).  This team has been way to inconsistent all year.  If Rondo plays in game 6 they have a small chance.  If they somehow do win game 6, they'll be playing with house money in game 7.  I didn't realize what a difference playoff Rondo makes.  Like +20 with him on the court(2-0) and -20+ with him off the court(0-3), kinda crazy.  I wouldn't be surprised if Raptors Bucks goes 7 and same with Wizards Hawks but I think the Wizards are going to win the next 1.  I guess we'll see!  The good thing is, the Colts will be in the news tonight, hopefully a good beginning to a great draft class!

Playoff Rondo takes it to a whole different level. And yes the draft at 8! Really amped for that!

From what I recall, Magic Johnson wanted PG to be traded to the Lakers even before the deadline this past season. But, it didn't work out. There were also rumors that PG himself did not want to be traded to the Lakers since in case he went there later.......he did not want the Lakers to have to give up precious players or draft picks to hurt the team in case he went there.

I am not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard from the rumor ville with L.A.

For the record, the Lakers did improve a lot in the final games this past year and a lot of it was Brandon Ingram also developing his game. Ingram needs to put on some serious weight though, which he is going too. I hear both Magic and Kobe are going to maybe even work with him a bit on the side or Kobe at least will give him some tips even though Kobe is pretty much done with the NBA but is still open to giving advice. Magic is down even with doing baskets and working head to head a bit with young players to give them advice which btw is very tempting to players to get to work with "THE Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant."

I don't know what the Lakers plans are though yet in terms of the draft/FA but Magic talked VERY big before on twitter about getting big time guys who can make the Lakers on the map again. I think the West is very top heavy but open as lower seeds, but you can bet your butt that the league would LOVE IT if the Lakers could get back into the playoffs in the near future. Lakers are that premiere team they want to do well........the Warriors IMO are a poor man's Lakers being good over recent years. They are exciting, but more boring then the Lakers. The Kobe Lakers were the real deal in the West for showmanship for a long long time.

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

If PG gets traded to LA this year than we would get Lonzo most likely.

It's up to Lonzo's pain in the butt dad too. They pretty much only want to go to L.A. I am not even sure they want to go to Boston and could go all Archie Manning if Lonzo is picked on the "wrong team". Also if Lonzo got picked by Boston it is still IT's team and he is the face of the franchise and fan favorite. 

The Big Baller Brand is a big thing for Lonzo's dad and he has stars in his eyes that are hurting his son. And they are California based a lot too and Lonzo went to UCLA.

Actually I kinda think Lonzo Ball is a perfect fit for the Lakers. They would be able to move Russell to another position which they kinda were at the end of the season. Russell though is someone I do think the Lakers may move in a trade but for sure not Brandon Ingram.

Also have heard rumors about PG and Boston but since Boston is still in the playoffs I don't think you will hear as much yet until they are out.

On 4/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I don't even think Rondo being out is that big of a deal anymore. It's a factor, but Rondo is hardly Lebron James but the media has turned him into the be all and end all of the series. Boston has been BLOWING out the Bulls tonight.

I think Boston just adjusted too starting in game 3. I wasn't sure they could do it but they proved me wrong big time.

I also think the death of IT's sister and the fog it gave the team was a huge factor in the first two games as well. Many have to still realize how young and inexperienced this Boston team is. They are just about to now get the first Brad Stevens playoff series win......ever.

I really think the death of ITs sister played an early part. Like in 2005 I firmly always believed the death of Dungy's son was a factor. Difference is you get just one shot in the NFL with one game but in the NBA you can adjust and bounce back in a series.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't even think Rondo being out is that big of a deal anymore. It's a factor, but Rondo is hardly Lebron James but the media has turned him into the be all and end all of the series. Boston has been BLOWING out the Bulls tonight.

I think Boston just adjusted too starting in game 3. I wasn't sure they could do it but they proved me wrong big time.

I also think the death of IT's sister and the fog it gave the team was a huge factor in the first two games as well. Many have to still realize how young and inexperienced this Boston team is. They are just about to now get the first Brad Stevens playoff series win......ever.

I really think the death of ITs sister played an early part. Like in 2005 I firmly always believed the death of Dungy's son was a factor. Difference is you get just one shot in the NFL with one game but in the NBA you can adjust and bounce back in a series.

Yeah I was dead wrong on both of these games. But I do think the Jazz will finish off the Clippers. Can't stand the Clippers. Trash organization that's overhyped every single year

I am hearing the funeral for ITs sister is actually tomorrow, which seems kinda late to me and I thought they already did it. Then the Celtics host Washington in an early game Sunday. Eeek.

Oh hell, no idea about the upcoming series. But, I might just go head and say we end up getting Cavs/Celtics and Lebron advances to the NBA finals again. However the upcoming series may not be a sweep for Lebron vs the Raptors and even if Boston loses game 1 or 2 I doubt they will panic. I don't think Boston can start 0-2 though vs. the Wizards.....they can ill afford that again.

I think many will pick Boston to lose the next series though but I kinda hope they win it now so I can stop hearing "they only won cause "Rajon Lebron Rondo" was out!".

In the West I am kinda clueless as to Spurs/Rockets.......

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I was dead wrong on both of these games. But I do think the Jazz will finish off the Clippers. Can't stand the Clippers. Trash organization that's overhyped every single year

I share this sentiment too and I think we all do here. Down with the Clippers. lmao Soooooo overhyped.

Hockey is okay. A little tough for me to get into though since I have no real team I am into.  I like the finals though in hockey.

And there is a tad too much Sidney Crosby fetishing for me in hockey every year. Pittsburgh, blah.

I still think the NBA is the best pro sport to watch. Second is the NFL. It is interchangeable to me. I only like MLB in the playoffs.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, 21isSuperman said:

You should start watching the NHL now.  It's by far the most exciting pro sport to watch

Used to be a big fan..

Cant take the overtime rules...cant decide games that way.....that's not a true ending for a true a real sport...

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Luck is Good said:

Jazz has a chance to beat Golden State..

Clippers..without Blake, just dont

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, Jules said:

From what I recall, Magic Johnson wanted PG to be traded to the Lakers even before the deadline this past season. But, it didn't work out. There were also rumors that PG himself did not want to be traded to the Lakers since in case he went there later.......he did not want the Lakers to have to give up precious players or draft picks to hurt the team in case he went there.

I am not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard from the rumor ville with L.A.

For the record, the Lakers did improve a lot in the final games this past year and a lot of it was Brandon Ingram also developing his game. Ingram needs to put on some serious weight though, which he is going too. I hear both Magic and Kobe are going to maybe even work with him a bit on the side or Kobe at least will give him some tips even though Kobe is pretty much done with the NBA but is still open to giving advice. Magic is down even with doing baskets and working head to head a bit with young players to give them advice which btw is very tempting to players to get to work with "THE Magic Johnson or Kobe Bryant."

I don't know what the Lakers plans are though yet in terms of the draft/FA but Magic talked VERY big before on twitter about getting big time guys who can make the Lakers on the map again. I think the West is very top heavy but open as lower seeds, but you can bet your butt that the league would LOVE IT if the Lakers could get back into the playoffs in the near future. Lakers are that premiere team they want to do well........the Warriors IMO are a poor man's Lakers being good over recent years. They are exciting, but more boring then the Lakers. The Kobe Lakers were the real deal in the West for showmanship for a long long time.

It's up to Lonzo's pain in the butt dad too. They pretty much only want to go to L.A. I am not even sure they want to go to Boston and could go all Archie Manning if Lonzo is picked on the "wrong team". Also if Lonzo got picked by Boston it is still IT's team and he is the face of the franchise and fan favorite. 

The Big Baller Brand is a big thing for Lonzo's dad and he has stars in his eyes that are hurting his son. And they are California based a lot too and Lonzo went to UCLA.

Actually I kinda think Lonzo Ball is a perfect fit for the Lakers. They would be able to move Russell to another position which they kinda were at the end of the season. Russell though is someone I do think the Lakers may move in a trade but for sure not Brandon Ingram.

Also have heard rumors about PG and Boston but since Boston is still in the playoffs I don't think you will hear as much yet until they are out.

I think there's $75 million reasons Paul George will resign with the Pacers...

....and the idea of us trade PG to Boston when he will beat us for 6 years in not logical

So assuming the Lakers would not give up their No.1 pick, what trade deal would you accept?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, Jules said:

Hockey is okay. A little tough for me to get into though since I have no real team I am into.  I like the finals though in hockey.

And there is a tad too much Sidney Crosby fetishing for me in hockey every year. Pittsburgh, blah.

I still think the NBA is the best pro sport to watch. Second is the NFL. It is interchangeable to me. I only like MLB in the playoffs.

I have always tried to get into Hockey and just cant for some reason. I used to work with a couple of guys that loved it so I started to learn about it a little years ago but just lost interest in it after a while. It's a great sport but just too boring for me, like Soccer as well. Baseball can be boring but that is only because the season is 162 games. During the Playoffs Baseball freakin rules though IMO. I have always been partial to Football and Basketball, Baseball is right there with it too. Now that the Cubs are winning, Baseball is my favorite sport at times. I think in Basketball the REFS control the game too much and most Small Market teams get the short of the end of the stick way too much. Football, I am just sick of the Patriots winning every season. That crap gets old after a while.

43 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Clippers wouldn't have a chance with Blake. And as much as I like the Jazz, they couldn't beat the Warriors either. I just hope the Jazz win today

everybody keeps saying that there's no point in even playing the games anymore..Golden State cant lose to anyone...

...just like last year

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Celtics about to take Game 1 for the Bullets! I hope the Jazz can win Game 7 in LA.

Youre right...that game sure turned around. Wash was up 15-0 and they got smoked in the end..

.....I'm surprised their guards cant do anything to stoop Isaiah

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Youre right...that game sure turned around. Wash was up 15-0 and they got smoked in the end..

.....I'm surprised their guards cant do anything to stoop Isaiah

Yeah on paper the Wizards have the better team but the Celtics have the better Coach and HCA + arguably the best player in this series. Between Isiah and Wall it's close. The Celtics have more players on their Roster that are scrappy too, that is big come Playoff time.