Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Kawhi is like the Tom Brady of basketball on the Patriots of Basketball.. Kawhi is very good at basketball, he also has the best coach on the "best run organization" Durant carried Texas..Thunder..and team USA twice. KD is still number 2

I get so tired of that argument. Kawhi is that good because he puts in the work to be that good. Same with Tom Brady. Yes they have the best coaches in their respective sports but that's not the deciding factor

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I get so tired of that argument. Kawhi is that good because he puts in the work to be that good. Same with Tom Brady. Yes they have the best coaches in their respective sports but that's not the deciding factor

Then what's to stop anyone from saying Kawhi is better than Lebron?

Every game was competitive against a Championship team. They didn't blow us out once. Their biggest win was only by 6 points in Game 2. We could've won 3 of these 4 games in reality had we executed better late in the 4th Qtr. Oh well, disappointing season but we lost to a much better team that has the best player in the league on it.

Didn't watch most of it, slept late. Saw the end. Looked very sloppy for the Cavs at times but usual furious urgency by the Pacers when THEY CAN'T CLOSE OUT a win vs. Cleveland to save their lives. I mean we see this time and time again. It's tough as hell to win an elimination game at times for either team and the Pacers were "right there". But, as usual they can't close vs. Cleveland.

Watching Pacers/Cavs almost looks like the old days when Houston would blow it vs. the Peyton Manning Colts all the time. Thats the difference with an all time great player on your team and a team that is just good enough. Texans were good at times with good players and the Pacers are good with some good talent too, but Peyton and Lebron are just better.

I admit a few calls that should have happened vs. the Cavs did not happen. But, the league knows that the Cavs need rest and need it badly, now the Cavs can go to bed for a few days and snuggle up. (sorry I had to) I almost imagine the Cavs have one big "resting room" for themselves where they get treatments and manicures and listen to soothing music.

That 3 at the end by Lebron was pretty bad aazz though..

It would have been nice to see the Pacers win a game or two but I never felt they had a shot to win a 7 game series vs the Cavs. (unlike last year vs the Raptors)

It was a very disappointing season, imo. It always sucks when the season ends but some seasons, like the 2011-2012 season, gave you hope for the future. I don't have that hope for this current roster. My fear is next season will be much like this season and PG leaves.

Say bye to PG. 

I have a few thoughts on the season, but the big one is that Larry canned Frank a year too soon. Nate was unable to get this squad to take a functional and consistent identity and on critical possessions his designs either weren't there or never materialized. 

Not even an okay season. Kinda of a C- effort. 

So many teams are in the same position we are. Decent but not competing for the conference. 

Maybe 15-20.   The idea that a new coach and 2 draft choices will take us out of that middle pack is not realistic.

Firing the coach in back to back years just isn't going to happen.

We have to acquire players through trades and free agency. We hit on Jeff Teague and Thad Young.

But it didn't show in the standings. We've been the 7th seed 2 years in a row.

Its not a thinking comment to say    "Trade PG to Boston for the top pick in the draft"

Boston is a team we're trying to catch. Paul would kill us into the next decade.

Paul is under contract for next season. Lets add to his supporting cast

I want a full year with this coach and this core...Paul George, Jeff Teague (free agent who will need $15-$20 mil a year), Myles Turner and Lance Stephenson.

Free agent pickups could move us from '7' to '3' or '4' ..and you can win the conference as the 3rd seed.

We can try or we can go to 20-62 land, I want to try

Tough break for the Pacers.  They lost the 4 games by a combined 16 points.  They just couldn't finish games.  Hopefully they can pick up a few big free agents next year.  I am nervous for you guys though, I think George wants out, just have a funny feeling.  The Spurs Grizzlies series has turned out to be great!  I think the Grizzlies have a chance but I think Spurs will win in 7.  The Rockets are going to beat the Thunder in 5 unfortunately.  The Raptors Bucks is going 7 to imo and is a toss up.  I think the Wizards will end up beating the Hawks in 5 or 6.  I think the tables have turned in the Bulls/Celtics series too.  I think the Celtics will win the next 2.  Bulls are hurting without Rondo, not as much ball movement and I am pretty sure Isaiah Thomas gets a foul called for him every time he drives to the basket.  He's a great player but a top 5 flopper imo.  Bulls have been cold in the last two 1st quarters too.   The Warriors obviously need to get healthy but they have round 1 locked up.  I think the Jazz are going to take down the Clippers without Griffin, the Clips always get hurt in the playoffs.  I think their team is going to get blown up after this year.  Interesting weekend of basketball. 

12 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Tough break for the Pacers.  They lost the 4 games by a combined 16 points.  They just couldn't finish games.  Hopefully they can pick up a few big free agents next year.  I am nervous for you guys though, I think George wants out, just have a funny feeling.  The Spurs Grizzlies series has turned out to be great!  I think the Grizzlies have a chance but I think Spurs will win in 7.  The Rockets are going to beat the Thunder in 5 unfortunately.  The Raptors Bucks is going 7 to imo and is a toss up.  I think the Wizards will end up beating the Hawks in 5 or 6.  I think the tables have turned in the Bulls/Celtics series too.  I think the Celtics will win the next 2.  Bulls are hurting without Rondo, not as much ball movement and I am pretty sure Isaiah Thomas gets a foul called for him every time he drives to the basket.  He's a great player but a top 5 flopper imo.  Bulls have been cold in the last two 1st quarters too.   The Warriors obviously need to get healthy but they have round 1 locked up.  I think the Jazz are going to take down the Clippers without Griffin, the Clips always get hurt in the playoffs.  I think their team is going to get blown up after this year.  Interesting weekend of basketball. 

You're telling me. The Clippers have some bad luck. Griff and Paul are made of glass..

The Warriors are very "unhealthy" right now they are getting hit hard when it counts the most, but you'd never know that from the court.

The Bulls have 2 more games in Boston so they'll win those (since the home team can't win)

Poor Russ. Big leads in all 4 games.. can't hang on.

I thought before the playoffs started, the Grizzles were gonna wear down the spurs, when the spurs get past them, they won't have enough to take out the Rockets.

Raptors and bucks will keep alternating wins. And the Wizards will take out the hawks these next two games.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You're telling me. The Clippers have some bad luck. Griff and Paul are made of glass..

The Warriors are very "unhealthy" right now they are getting hit hard when it counts the most, but you'd never know that from the court.

The Bulls have 2 more games in Boston so they'll win those (since the home team can't win)

Poor Russ. Big leads in all 4 games.. can't hang on.

I thought before the playoffs started, the Grizzles were gonna wear down the spurs, when the spurs get past them, they won't have enough to take out the Rockets.

Raptors and bucks will keep alternating wins. And the Wizards will take out the hawks these next two games.

You are 100% correct about CP3 and Blake.  lol at the Bulls winning two more in Boston, I know my team, I think the C's will win the next two honestly, unless the Bulls can find a spark with Rondo out.  The Grizzlies are a very grind you out type of team who had injuries through out the year, I think they are more of a legit 3, 4 or 5 seed.  If the Rockets continue to shoot lights out they could take out the Grizzlies or Spurs but I am not sold on the Rockets getting out of next round, we'll see.  Raptors and Bucks is the toughest series right now to pick imo.  I agree with you on the Wizards, I think were lining up for a Wizards Cavs Conference Finals.