Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

What...you think Teague Guarding LeBron is a bad idea??? haha

Honestly I think PG is trying to fire his teammates up. I don't think its that big of a deal.

Exactly haha.  I think there is a different way for George to call out his teammates all though I am sure you remember Bird calling out his guys in the 80s against the Lakers?  He called them a bunch of "sissys" and they came out and won the next game and played much harder and ended up winning the series.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I couldn't believe it!  But Wade, Butler, Rondo, Lopez and Zipser played great and they held Isiah!  I am still not holding my breathe.  This Bulls team has been crazy inconsistent this year.  They are looking good right now though.  Just a bad match up for the Celtics. 

Like I said, it was very much intentional that Lebron and the Cavs tanked the #1 seed for a better match up earlier on. This Bulls team is not going to go any worse than 4-1 crushing the Celtics.

It will be Cavs vs Bulls in the Eastern conference finals with Lebron vs Wade a big headline. 

That is the sad part with the East right now. Teams with vets like Wade, Rondo just need to save it for the playoffs after making it because "making" the playoffs is not that hard in the East if you put a few good streaks together. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Like I said, it was very much intentional that Lebron and the Cavs tanked the #1 seed for a better match up earlier on. This Bulls team is not going to go any worse than 4-1 crushing the Celtics.

i wouldnt exactly call it tanking.  its not unusual for lebron to rest before the playoffs

i think they just dont care that much about seeding, they won last year as the road team

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It will be Cavs vs Bulls in the Eastern conference finals with Lebron vs Wade a big headline. 

That is the sad part with the East right now. Teams with vets like Wade, Rondo just need to save it for the playoffs after making it because "making" the playoffs is not that hard in the East if you put a few good streaks together. 

I agree with most of what you said.  I'll be more confident about this series if the Bulls win the next one at home.  I honestly don't like the matchup in the 2nd round if they make it.  The Wizards have owned the Bulls and are a very dangerous team.  They can rebound too.  Rebounding has won the first two games for the Bulls.  It'd be pretty sick for an 8 seed to make the conference finals though haha

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with most of what you said.  I'll be more confident about this series if the Bulls win the next one at home.  I honestly don't like the matchup in the 2nd round if they make it.  The Wizards have owned the Bulls and are a very dangerous team.  They can rebound too.  Rebounding has won the first two games for the Bulls.  It'd be pretty sick for an 8 seed to make the conference finals though haha

The Knicks made it to the NBA finals vs Spurs as a #8 seed with Sprewell and Houston dominating mostly till they ran into Duncan and Robinson. :) 

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Knicks made it to the NBA finals vs Spurs as a #8 seed with Sprewell and Houston dominating mostly till they ran into Duncan and Robinson. :) 

True and just like I've said to a few other people, I don't really count that one as much because it was a shortened NBA season but an 8 seed making it to the Finals is still impressive. 

20 hours ago, Myles said:

Remember Pacer fans, we still have to give this Pacer team another season to gel.   Oh wait, we added Lance, so Now we can expect to play well together in 2020.

Sarcasm there.   Someone (Uncle I think) said that it takes almost 2 seasons for a team to gel and none of this is one the coach.  

We always blame the coach.....we did last year, too/

Does anybody think we're down 0-2 and were 42-40 because of the coach?

Why were we under .500 last year?

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

18 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Exactly haha.  I think there is a different way for George to call out his teammates all though I am sure you remember Bird calling out his guys in the 80s against the Lakers?  He called them a bunch of "sissys" and they came out and won the next game and played much harder and ended up winning the series.

What Paul did/said goes on all over the NBA....on some teams

On winning teams they call it 'holding your teammates accountable'

In the playoffs you have to be winning or be gone. 

If Lance cant say under control and if Myles cant at least get an even break with Tristan Thompson we're done...

..and if and when  we are, it will be Paul George who 'cant get it done in the playoffs', not Lance or Myles

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

Cavs did not tank to avoid the Bulls... 

Bulls were 3 games out of the playoffs with 2 weeks to go..we were 2 games out with 5 to play

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Best NBA Teams ever according to ELO.  I came across this and thought it was really interesting.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-best-nba-teams-of-all-time-according-to-elo/

That's a horrible list. I do have the 1996 Bulls 3rd though but the 1987 Lakers and 1986 Celtics are my #1 and #2. Neither of those teams had any weaknesses at all. You cant really go by just overall wins in a season like this list is doing. This list has the 2009 Lakers on it?? The 2001 Lakers would blow them out of the water with Shaq and Kobe together. My Final 4 would be:

1. 1987 Lakers

2. 1986 Boston Celtics

3. 1996 Chicago Bulls

4. 2001 Lakers - They went 15-1 in those Playoffs and smashed everyone.

I think Jordan is the GOAT but Magic and Larry had better teams around them during the mid 80's. I don't have the Warriors in my Top 4, I think Shaq/Kobe belongs in there with the other 3 teams I mentioned.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's a horrible list. I do have the 1996 Bulls 3rd though but the 1987 Lakers and 1986 Celtics are my #1 and #2. Neither of those teams had any weaknesses at all. You cant really go by just overall wins in a season like this list is doing. This list has the 2009 Lakers on it?? The 2001 Lakers would blow them out of the water with Shaq and Kobe together. My Final 4 would be:

1. 1987 Lakers

2. 1986 Boston Celtics

3. 1996 Chicago Bulls

4. 2001 Lakers - They went 15-1 in those Playoffs and smashed everyone.

I think Jordan is the GOAT but Magic and Larry had better teams around them during the mid 80's. I don't have the Warriors in my Top 4, I think Shaq/Kobe belongs in there with the other 3 teams I mentioned.

I dis agree with your number 1 maybe because I am biased haha.  I'd take the 72-10 95-96 Bulls anytime over any other team ever.  They also went 15-3 in the playoffs to secure the title.  I'd have 1986 Celtics 2 and 1987 Lakers 3.  I think I'd have Shaq and Kobe Lakers in the top 10 somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I dis agree with your number 1 maybe because I am biased haha.  I'd take the 72-10 95-96 Bulls anytime over any other team ever.  They also went 15-3 in the playoffs to secure the title.  I'd have 1986 Celtics 2 and 1987 Lakers 3.  I think I'd have Shaq and Kobe Lakers in the top 10 somewhere. 

I figured you would but it's like splitting hairs between the 96 Bulls/87 Lakers and 86 Celtics. You cant really be wrong with any of the 3. I just think that was the best of the Laker teams and they had no weaknesses. Magic at PG, they had a player like Worthy who could play the 3 or 4 and was unstoppable inside, and Kareem was still pretty dominant that season eventhough older. I don't think the Bulls could stop the Lakers from scoring inside with Worthy and Kareem both. The Lakers team they beat in 1991 didn't have Kareem on it and Worthy was banged up as well. That 87 Lakers team also had Michael Cooper - one of the best Defensive players of all-time, he could harass Jordan a bit at times. The Celtics had a beastly frontline with Bird, McHale, and Parish, and the Walton off the bench! How does anyone stop that? The Bulls had Michael Jordan who is the GOAT and a player in Pippen that could harass Magic a bit but if those 2 teams played, I don't think Rodman could handle Worthy and the Bulls had nobody that check Kareem either. Just my takes but it's all opinion.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured you would but it's like splitting hairs between the 96 Bulls/87 Lakers and 86 Celtics. You cant really be wrong with any of the 3. I just think that was the best of the Laker teams and they had no weaknesses. Magic at PG, they had a player like Worthy who could play the 3 or 4 and was unstoppable inside, and Kareem was still pretty dominate that season eventhough older. I don't think the Bulls could stop the Lakers from scoring inside with Worthy and Kareem both. The Lakers team they beat in 1991 didn't have Kareem on it and Worthy was banged up as well. That 87 Lakers team also had Michael Cooper - one of the best Defensive players of all-time, he could harass Jordan a bit at times. The Celtics had a beastly frontline with Bird, McHale, and Parish, and the Walton off the bench! How does anyone stop that? The Bulls had Michael Jordan who is the GOAT and a player in Pippen that could harass Magic a bit but if those 2 teams played, I don't think Rodman could handle Worthy and the Bulls had nobody that check Kareem either. Just my takes but it's all opinion.

I agree for the most part.  As far as splitting hairs between the 3, I completely agree.  It's a win win either way lol.  Rodman did hold Worthy in check when the Pistons played the Lakers in the finals and won though.  I think Rodman could have held is own.  Now Kareem?  That's a completely different story lol.  Can you imagine Longley or Wennington trying to guard him?  The Celtics were just a great TEAM.  Bird, McHale and Parrish then a bunch of solid role player.  You know another solid TEAM that played so well together but never gets credit is the 03-04 Pistons.  Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace and Wallace, they were a solid TEAM. 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree for the most part.  As far as splitting hairs between the 3, I completely agree.  It's a win win either way lol.  Rodman did hold Worthy in check when the Pistons played the Lakers in the finals and won though.  I think Rodman could have held is own.  Now Kareem?  That's a completely different story lol.  Can you imagine Longley or Wennington trying to guard him?  The Celtics were just a great TEAM.  Bird, McHale and Parrish then a bunch of solid role player.  You know another solid TEAM that played so well together but never gets credit is the 03-04 Pistons.  Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace and Wallace, they were a solid TEAM. 

Yeah the Bulls also had Kukoc as well, he was the Game 7 Pacers killer in 1998 so they were no doubt loaded, Lakers had Byron Scott - ol the role players! Too bad we cant actually have all of these guys in their primes and just see how it would unfold. The 1989 Pistons have to be in the convo too. Under todays rules though they might not be as dominant? They used their physicality for years. I felt sorry for Jordan in his early days. The Pistons would just hammer him every time he drove!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Bulls also had Kukoc as well, he was the Game 7 Pacers killer in 1998 so they were no doubt loaded, Lakers had Byron Scott - ol the role players! Too bad we cant actually have all of these guys in their primes and just see how it would unfold. The 1989 Pistons have to be in the convo too. Under todays rules though they might not be as dominant? They used their physicality for years. I felt sorry for Jordan in his early days. The Pistons would just hammer him every time he drove!

I agree.  Can you imagine someone like Harden or LeBron going up against those Pistons teams?  They wouldn't survive.  It's a good thing the Bulls had Oakley, he was Jordans personal body guard for those first few years lol

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree.  Can you imagine someone like Harden or LeBron going up against those Pistons teams?  They wouldn't survive.  It's a good thing the Bulls had Oakley, he was Jordans personal body guard for those first few years lol

Harden would get beaten down bigtime and he's such a flopper, at least LeBron has the body to cope with it for a while LOL. I know I sound like an old school grouch but to me the last truly Great dominant team was the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. They 3-Peated and had those 2 + Phil Coaching. I will stick with the 87 Lakers, 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, and would go with the 01 Lakers out of their 3-Peat team for my Final 4. The team LeBron had in 2013 with the Heat should rank pretty high, Wade still had game, Bosh was Good, and they added Allen that season. They still got taken 7 games by Indiana though led by PG and David West and should've lost to the Spurs in 6, Allen saved their butts in Game 6.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harden would get beaten down bigtime and he's such a flopper, at least LeBron has the body to cope with it for a while LOL. I know I sound like an old school grouch but to me the last truly Great dominant team was the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. They 3-Peated and had those 2 + Phil Coaching. I will stick with the 87 Lakers, 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, and would go with the 01 Lakers out of their 3-Peat team for my Final 4. The team LeBron had in 2013 with the Heat should rank pretty high, Wade still had game, Bosh was Good, and they added Allen that season. They still got taken 7 games by Indiana though led by PG and David West and should've lost to the Spurs in 6, Allen saved their butts in Game 6.

LeBron's such a baby though!  Have you came across that video?  The difference in growing up watching LeBron instead of Jordan? lol if you haven't check it out.  You will laugh hard.  He does have the body to withstand a  beating but he's such a baby and flopper.  I agree with you though, the last team to 3 peat was the Kobe Shaq Lakers.  The Spurs had a solid team too just never repeated or three peated(1999-2014).  That Heat team was tough, I hated watching them win but they were tough. Indiana just couldn't get over the hump!  If they win that series, they probably win the title, same in 98.  If they had a young Reggie Miller in the Finals back in 2000 they would have had a better chance of winning.  Unfortunately, they ran into MJ, LeBron and Kobe/Shaq. 

If they don't put on a 3 point barrage I think we win but on any given night they have 3 or 4 guys that can make 5 or so 3's. Whether it's Love, Korver of course, and someone like Frye even can. I don't think JR is playing tonight but he is another one that can play badly for a week, then come out and make 5 3's in any given game.

23 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

LeBron's such a baby though!  Have you came across that video?  The difference in growing up watching LeBron instead of Jordan? lol if you haven't check it out.  You will laugh hard.  He does have the body to withstand a  beating but he's such a baby and flopper.  I agree with you though, the last team to 3 peat was the Kobe Shaq Lakers.  The Spurs had a solid team too just never repeated or three peated(1999-2014).  That Heat team was tough, I hated watching them win but they were tough. Indiana just couldn't get over the hump!  If they win that series, they probably win the title, same in 98.  If they had a young Reggie Miller in the Finals back in 2000 they would have had a better chance of winning.  Unfortunately, they ran into MJ, LeBron and Kobe/Shaq. 

I think the best team the Pacers ever had was 1998. They went 58-24 that season and wasn't intimidated at all by Chicago. By then Reggie had already had his battles with teams like NY and Orlando who were really good teams. The Pacers had a tough frontline with both Davis's and Rik was an Offensive force. Reggie could also at least score enough too to offset Jordan somewhat. He got in Jordan's head a few times, not many can do that. Pacers won every home game in that series but Chicago had HCA and protected it in Game 7.

I'm bound to get one right eventually. I think the Pacers win tonight. And I still wouldn't be surprised if they win both home games. Everyone thought Toronto was dead last year when down 2-0 to Cleveland. They evened it up. Didn't win the series but that's not the point. Raptors got destroyed in the first two games by the Cavs. That alone gives me hope and confidence that Baby Bron Bron and his cronies will go 0-2 in Indianapolis