Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

Copying what @Blackhawk4 started with his Pacers thread last season:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule-  Pacers Schedule

https://twitter.com/Pacers - Pacers Twitter

https://twitter.com/chrisdenari- Chris Denari (Fox Sports Indiana)

https://twitter.com/Mark_J_Boyle - Mark Boyle (Radio play by play)

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner - Indystar's Pacers reporter

https://twitter.com/ScottAgness - Vigilant Sports Reporter

http://www.hashtagba...reporter-tweets - Twitter list of NBA beat reporters in one place. Great to check out if you want to get some info on teams around the league real fast.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba - Any info on the Pacers and the rest of the NBA can be found here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pacers - Pacers Reddit

If you're looking for more people to follow for more info around and on the league, here's a good list to start out with- http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nba/the-top-50-nba-minds-to-follow-on-twitter.aspx

Want even more Pacers coverage? The three links below are a good place to start.

As far as the rest of the NBA? 

Bleacher Report - http://bleacherreport.com/nba

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like what I heard from media day from everyone. Hopefully what they have said rings true and this can be a special team this year. Some notes I took were:

- Nate McMillan defended his coaching ability by saying it was different league when he coached for the Blazers. He had a very young team and it wasn't just yet the small ball of today. He slowed the pace with his Blazers to get the effectiveness out of each player. He knows that he will need to use small ball and a fast pace with this type of team.

-I like that this roster can really match up with anybody. If they go big we have Thaddeus, Myles, and AJ to shift around the 4 or 5. And if they go small, we can put CJ Miles or PG at power forward for a period.

- Hopefully we get the best of Teague and Ellis this year. Teague played with an injury last year and says he feels 10 times better he did last season. Ellis said he dealt with things on and off the court specifically with his knees. He recently told PG that he felt as good as he did since he was with Golden State and has been in Indy working since August. That shows me he is really working on improving his game.

After listening to McMillan's press conference it seems like he already knows who will be in the rotation. He said it is hard to play with 10 but they will definitely have a 9 man rotation and he pointed out Lavoy Allen as someone who has to step up to get minutes.

Based of what McMillan said I would think the rotation will be: Teague, Ellis, George, T. Young, Turner as starters. Brooks, Stuckey, Miles, Glenn Robinson, and AJ. The other two spots will probably be filled by Lavoy Allen and Joe Young.

Niang, Christmas, and Poythress will probably go to D league.

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers roster is no doubt very good. I'm just not sold on McMillan. I guess we will see?

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Really like what I heard from media day from everyone. Hopefully what they have said rings true and this can be a special team this year. Some notes I took were:

- Nate McMillan defended his coaching ability by saying it was different league when he coached for the Blazers. He had a very young team and it wasn't just yet the small ball of today. He slowed the pace with his Blazers to get the effectiveness out of each player. He knows that he will need to use small ball and a fast pace with this type of team.

-I like that this roster can really match up with anybody. If they go big we have Thaddeus, Myles, and AJ to shift around the 4 or 5. And if they go small, we can put CJ Miles or PG at power forward for a period.

- Hopefully we get the best of Teague and Ellis this year. Teague played with an injury last year and says he feels 10 times better he did last season. Ellis said he dealt with things on and off the court specifically with his knees. He recently told PG that he felt as good as he did since he was with Golden State and has been in Indy working since August. That shows me he is really working on improving his game.

Regarding McMillan, his offenses were one of the better ones in the league.  The pace wasn't super fast, and I don't think that's a big deal, but they were effective.  I'd rather a team have a slower pace and actually put the ball in the basket than have breakneck pace, but not be able to score.  So regardless of what the pace was, his offenses were able to score, and that's what we need.

Regarding Ellis, I think the Pacers put out a recent news article where he stated he felt like he was a big disappointment last year and he's been working really hard to improve his game.  I love his attitude.  I guess we'll see if he has a better season this year than he did last.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Regarding McMillan, his offenses were one of the better ones in the league.  The pace wasn't super fast, and I don't think that's a big deal, but they were effective.  I'd rather a team have a slower pace and actually put the ball in the basket than have breakneck pace, but not be able to score.  So regardless of what the pace was, his offenses were able to score, and that's what we need.

Regarding Ellis, I think the Pacers put out a recent news article where he stated he felt like he was a big disappointment last year and he's been working really hard to improve his game.  I love his attitude.  I guess we'll see if he has a better season this year than he did last.

I get what you're saying about McMillan. Bird has just made it clear that we need to be faster and he has given us the personnel necessary to speed the offense up. People always bring up McMillan's pace with the Blazers and I'm just saying he knows what he's doing.

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I get what you're saying about McMillan. Bird has just made it clear that we need to be faster and he has given us the personnel necessary to speed the offense up. People always bring up McMillan's pace with the Blazers and I'm just saying he knows what he's doing.

He probably didn't have the personnel needed for the faster pace before. You play with the hand that is dealt. Im not a bit worried about offense think we will have plenty. Just hope everyone buys in on D as well. If they do it could be a special year.

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Ellis was jumping around like a kid on media day.  It was said this was the hardest he has ever worked out for the season.  

54 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

He probably didn't have the personnel needed for the faster pace before. You play with the hand that is dealt. Im not a bit worried about offense think we will have plenty. Just hope everyone buys in on D as well. If they do it could be a special year.

Dan Burke will not have any of that....HA!  

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ive said all along Bird knows what hes doing contrary to some folks belief. I think even the nay sayers will be on the bandwagon when they see what this team does.

I think Kevin Seraphin may get some of Lavoy's minutes.  He is a true banger.  He feels as though his is in the right place for him.  6'10" 278.....and he can run the floor.

3 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Ellis was jumping around like a kid on media day.  It was said this was the hardest he has ever worked out for the season.  

As much as I've criticized him and said we should trade him (which I still think we should), his attitude is exceptional.  He's been a leader and he works extremely hard.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, BrentMc11 said:

Boy, I like t hear that..we need him to be the scorer he was before last season..

my expectations are pretty high...we have assembled a win-now roster

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Which new player is everyone the most excited about?

I'll go with Teague. We haven't had a PG like him in quite some time. No disrespect to Hill, but I feel better about Teague running the show.

I believe Thadius Young will make an impact also as well as a healthy Jefferson

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lance was on Jake Querys show and was asked about why he didn't re sign with the pacers and he hung up.

Just to clarify the question was why he didn't resign in 2014 and go to the Hornets instead just in case someone thought they asked why he didn't resign this offseason. 

Also Lance plans to continue the interview and said the disconnect was a misunderstanding.

5 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just to clarify the question was why he didn't resign in 2014 and go to the Hornets instead just in case someone thought they asked why he didn't resign this offseason. 

Also Lance plans to continue the interview and said the disconnect was a misunderstanding.

raw

6 hours ago, Gavin said:

The question is why aren't preseason games on tv

They are, I am watching the Clippers at Warriors on ESPN right now. The Warriors look scary great tonight! Up 71-33 at halftime. Yeah it's only pre-season but the starters are playing for both teams. Chris Paul is even playing for the Clippers and they are down 38 points. Durant has 18 Points so far.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are, I am watching the Clippers at Warriors on ESPN right now. The Warriors look scary great tonight! Up 71-33 at halftime. Yeah it's only pre-season but the starters are playing for both teams. Chris Paul is even playing for the Clippers and they are down 38 points. Durant has 18 Points so far.

Pacer games

I always do my before season pick to win it all and I am picking the Warriors. If this team stays healthy they will roll everyone including the Cavs. It's not even fair they have Durant! I will say Warriors vs Spurs for the West, Cavs vs Pacers for the East. Had the Warriors won it all last season they would've never went after Durant and Durant would've stayed in OKC IMO. Then this could've been Cleveland's year. Another reason why I didn't want the Cavs last season because there were rumors before the Finals that if the Warriors lost they would go after Durant and they did and got him! Now it's not fair. To all the people that rooted for the Cavs last season this what you have now, a Warriors team that can sleep walk all season to wins!

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Didn't get to watch it but it sounds like the Pacers played pretty well tonight.

Me either...couldn't watch up here...

Eager to see the Pacers and the Bulls Thursday and Saturday...

Sounds like there will be no more talk this year about us not having a true lead guard, huh?